Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-07-18, 01:41PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 78531
  • Total Topics: 1637
  • Online Today: 123
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: HUBba hubba (what is the HUB)  (Read 3610 times)

optout

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
HUBba hubba (what is the HUB)
« on: 03-12-17, 01:19AM »
any info regarding the HUB would be welcome here.
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

lackofinterest

• Smart Arse
Re: HUBba hubba (what is the HUB)
« Reply #1 on: 03-12-17, 01:27AM »
the what??? not another piece of jargon made up by someone in the ivory towers???

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #2 on: 03-12-17, 11:33AM »
I'm not even sure it's still used, it's a kind of sharepoint/local intranet used in head office for storing/retrieving/sharing documents and information, there was a home page (portal if you like) and one thing of note was the nice jobs were usually to be found to be advertised on there and nowhere else. Not too different to when we had Sharepoint in stores which has also been replaced/upgraded.

DairyLee

• Know All
« Reply #3 on: 03-12-17, 11:36AM »
Central security operations where they monitor the cameras in store looking for suspicious activity or theft.  Stores are being linked and monitored where shrink is high in staff only areas, tobacco, C+C etc

ctid

« Reply #4 on: 23-12-17, 11:42AM »
From what I've been told,the hub is used as a spy in the sky to ensure all processes are being followed. I've heard tales of investigations being carried out if waste processes are not seen to be followed, i.e. Manager not seen checking every line against the print, investigated. It is not a performance management tool, rather it is used to check compliance, hence extra cameras. Figures of costing around£10 million mentioned, apparently to be saved on shrink. So despite no security in store, replaced by agency guards at twice the hourly rate,if they turn up, the co can spend money to safeguard what is thrown away. Systems so old they are not fit for purpose and more shrink caused by stock not arriving than walking out of the front under some toe rags jacket £10 m p'd up the wall to tell me I've not checked waste in the right spot. Somebody must be on an earner somewhere.

Snowbird

« Reply #5 on: 15-03-18, 07:32PM »
Does anyone know if this Hub is taking over from existing security guards ? We have been told it's going to cause staff cuts ??

m360

• Regular Pain
« Reply #6 on: 15-03-18, 10:58PM »
From what I've been told,the hub is used as a spy in the sky to ensure all processes are being followed. I've heard tales of investigations being carried out if waste processes are not seen to be followed, i.e. Manager not seen checking every line against the print, investigated. It is not a performance management tool, rather it is used to check compliance, hence extra cameras. Figures of costing around£10 million mentioned, apparently to be saved on shrink. So despite no security in store, replaced by agency guards at twice the hourly rate,if they turn up, the co can spend money to safeguard what is thrown away. Systems so old they are not fit for purpose and more shrink caused by stock not arriving than walking out of the front under some toe rags jacket £10 m p'd up the wall to tell me I've not checked waste in the right spot. Somebody must be on an earner somewhere.

This is not the Hub.

The Hub used to be an intranet site for head office colleagues where they could see vacancies, get info and announcements etc.

Has long since been replaced by Our Tesco.