Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-12-17, 10:52AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 73662
  • Total Topics: 1611
  • Online Today: 124
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Skills Payment  (Read 2773 times)

Dorothy C

• VLH Supporter
Skills Payment
« on: 02-12-17, 06:40AM »
Did I miss the November announcement?
« Last Edit: 02-12-17, 06:41AM by Dorothy C »

minion

Re: Skills Payment
« Reply #1 on: 02-12-17, 07:06AM »
There was a small section announcing it in the pay rise booklet. But if heard nothing since.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #2 on: 02-12-17, 09:56AM »
Think I've read somewhere it's been delayed. Probably be part of a structure change post Xmas.

Doctor Sleep

« Reply #3 on: 05-12-17, 04:34PM »
The intention was to move to skills payment from it November 2017. However work is still ongoing to agree the final details, therefore no changes will take place at this stage.
This was on a Usdaw email. Pinned to our notice board.

Hammer10

• Know All
« Reply #4 on: 05-12-17, 04:47PM »
Great taking more of our wages from us not enough to take premium pay from us.

Dorothy C

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #5 on: 07-12-17, 08:54AM »
The intention was to move to skills payment from it November 2017. However work is still ongoing to agree the final details, therefore no changes will take place at this stage.
This was on a Usdaw email. Pinned to our notice board.
Thank you Doctor Sleep. We had a dot com meeting with our SM and he knew f*** all about it. f*** me the pickers could moan for England.

Doctor Sleep

« Reply #6 on: 07-12-17, 04:17PM »
You will be aware that as part of the 2017 pay review, it was agreed to move to one hourly rate of pay for all grades in Tesco retail, and introduce a skill's payment to recognise the skills needed to carry out D,E & F grade & team support,team leader & shift leader roles.
As a reminder, the rates of pay that were communicated earlier this year within the pay review booklet 2017 will not be affected by the introduction of skills payments.

This is the skills payments- Holding statement from the union sent to store's 30th November 17.

Hammer10

• Know All
« Reply #7 on: 07-12-17, 04:23PM »
Thanks we had not heard anything usual communication,or lack of.

rogerthedodger

« Reply #8 on: 07-12-17, 06:34PM »
Can someone explain what this means in simple English 🤔

ZyDer

« Reply #9 on: 09-12-17, 09:30PM »
Would I be right in thinking that all store staff will get a basic rate, then the skills payment would add to this depending on the skill level

eg basic £8

Skills 43p

Giving Hourly rate £8.43

For example?

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #10 on: 09-12-17, 09:57PM »
I reckon the skills payment has opened a can of worms. Should a butcher get more pay than a exiperenced merchandiser? Every role has responsibilities and what makes some (cutting meat) more important than deciding range/space.

Of course team support should get more pay than GAs but what value would you put on it. There is probably a pool of people who will do the task for no extra money......

allovertheshop

• Know All
« Reply #11 on: 10-12-17, 08:13AM »
I agree people would do a TS role for no extra. You would only need to work when the shop is busy and the rest of the time everything is delegated. No aches and pains i'd do it for a £/hour less. Eff it throw them an extra quid to make them feel more important than a lowly GA as they might have to go to a disciplinary or do a holiday book.

Hibsdaft

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #12 on: 10-12-17, 09:46AM »
Would I be right in thinking that all store staff will get a basic rate, then the skills payment would add to this depending on the skill level

eg basic £8

Skills 43p

Giving Hourly rate £8.43

For example?

The basic pay rate could not be less than the minimum wage, so any additional skills payments must be over and above that.