News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:14PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Equal Pay/Leigh Day /Tom Hewitt/

Started by OpShunned, 22-03-17, 05:49PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OpShunned

Especially with the company binning the minnions here there and everywhere  >:(

Where's Claden and his Petition machinery?

one might look at it this way. perhaps one's been underpaid, maybe at £1 an hour for 6 years so they potentially owe me:

36 hours (FTime)--- £36 x 52 weeks x 6 years = £11, 232

That's a lot of dough worth inquiring about???

OpShunned

With the company expected to return buoyant figures why not try and gab some of the sweat blood and tears back over the past six years:

Contact details for Tom Hewitt

tel. 020 7650 1182  (or email)  THewitt@leighday.co.uk

The guy said it's ok for any store colleague to give him a call on 020 7650 1182.

Feel free to call him if you want to make a tentative enquiry.

Stencho

really need to know how the figure is calculated. and we should each receive written notification of any payment into your bank account.
have Tesco been in breach of contract by underpaying staff?
the bit in the letter saying most people will receive up to £40 makes you think you are getting a lot more when they tell you over the phone, the amount you are getting? 

OpShunned

Bumped to the top for those who may be interested in pursuing a No-win - no fee -claim against T---- for Equal pay going back 6 years. It mirrors the existing claim against A**A that Leigh Day solicitors have brought against that retailer (and also Sainsburys). Please try to keep this thread dedicated to the topic and not to lamentations of how tough it is to work in Distribution  ;)

Let's get this issue distributed to as many store colleagues as possible?

(Leigh day have been advised by their barristers that 'the claim against As** is strong')

'Women make a claim against the men in the Distribution Centres, if they're successful then men can compare themselves to those that have already won.'

BACK PAY: it's likely that ONLY THOSE BRINGING A CLAIM will receive BACK PAY'

[some background in a video below]
https://www.leighday.co.uk/Asserting-your-rights/Equal-pay-claims

The guy said it's ok for any store colleague to give him a call on 020 7650 1182.

Good luck to all if something comes of it! If not, at least an attempt was made!

OpShunned

Here's the  Employment Court's Preliminary Hearing judgement, in the case of:

Ms Brierley (asda worker/claimant) versus Asda (Respondent)

June 2016

Reserved Judgement

The claims are not dismissed. Employees at Asda stores may use employees at Asda depots as Comparators.

It's long winded but highlights the similarities between Stores and Distribution, detailing far more than your basic, are the  work tasks fundamentally different in nature due to any physical aspects. It also highlights that the judge (Tom Ryan an Employment Judge) was keen to incorporate EU laws to act as Gateways for UK worker's claims.

https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/brierly-v-asda.pdf

-----------------------
Any similarities?

optout

@OpShunned  :thumbup: :thumbup:

thanks for the link, it is a very interesting read, although so far I have only read half of it (a bit too close to bed-time for EU Law me-thinks  ;) ).

highlights so far for me include: (for a good laugh).

para 112 (pg 20 to 21) is pretty damning.

para 121.4 (pg 22)

para 121.5
para 121.6

and para's 122 through to 127 (absolutely incompetent or worse) Can you imagine what the Tesco case would pan out like, given the culture of integrity and the absolute surrender to all that is transparent that we have here at tesco. (it just doesn't bare thinking about) ;D

just thought of a book title for a history of tesco '50 shades of transparency' working title '50 shades of 5h!te'.
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

OpShunned

Yes it is Optout.

Company emails suggest that Asda were concerned about future Equal Pay issues.

I noticed that Distribution employees were often transferred temporarily to stores during quiet times and this created the issue above.

Asda pin a lot of their hopes on the issue of pay terms and conditions at separate locations?

optout

can you imagine the emails that are floating around the tesco management/executive about this at the moment. I would imagine that one of those emails contains words to the following effect, 'DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SEND ANY EMAILS OR TEXTS REGARDING EQUAL PAY'.

Not to mention the amount of leaked information that will probably be given out by disgruntled PMs and DMs and CMs and half of the recently upset off distribution colleagues....(bloody hell the list is endless). I think that Dip5h!t and Pratt are at their industrial strength shredding machines at this very moment, grabbing all of those PMs, DMs and CMs and feeding them by their ankles into those freshly sharpened blades, in a vain attempt to make certain nothing gets out. :D

Just some advice for Dip5h!t and Pratt; getting the cat back into the bag is much more difficult when there are thousands of the buggin things to catch. :D :D

And knowing those two they would probably use a 5p bag to cut costs.

good luck with that :thumbup:

OpShunned

Has anyone here, or heard of anyone that may have made contact with Leigh Day/Tom Hewitt?

I'm thinking of putting up a petition on Change.org so if you have any templates in mind just email me your ideas if you want to. Let's put the wind up these buggers eh!

optout

You set the petition up, and I will be within the first 100 to sign it. I think your own judgement re style of petition will be pretty competent taking into account the media successes that you have had in the past. You are the person I would be asking for advice about that stuff. :thumbup:

I plan on taking part in any action, when I can get lost in a bit of a crowd. And I am sure (would hope) that there are many others who feel the same.

OpShunned

Optout, canI pm you with what I've knocked up.

Any advice, additions would be gratefully accepted. With your help we can get it rolling  :)

I did try to pm you but I was blocked haha

optout

sure PM away.

(just changed the settings on my PMs) :thumbup:

OpShunned

coolio.

sent.

anyone else want to send suggestions then please feel free to do so.

optout

JL

Quote from: OpShunned on 02-05-17, 06:15PM
Optout, canI pm you with what I've knocked up.

Any advice, additions would be gratefully accepted. With your help we can get it rolling  :)

I did try to pm you but I was blocked haha

"Rolling"

Pilot it instead!  :)

optout

Haven't had a good chance to think about it.

My immediate impressions are/were;

the way you have made what could have been a complicated issue readable is really good.

one question I have is, is this petition intended as a direct portal to Leigh Day. or as a petition to get bums on seats behind the main issue first?

when thinking about this issue sometime ago when you first mentioned it I envisioned that it would take the following strategy;

1)start petition to raise as much awareness as possible (including outside interest) and if possible media interest.

Whether this would take the form of Equal pay for women in tesco OR Equal pay for equal work etc would depend on which approach you felt would garner the most public and/or media interest.

2) when petition was heavily enough supported, use the petition mechanism, by which I  mean, when a person signs that petition, you can automatically update them via their email [at the same time] of the latest news re the petition including sending  information re legal action (giving Leigh Day details).

I think that you may be going down a similar route to 'the petition to end the partnership' petition. And as we have seen this has not been as popular as for example Claden's petition, mainly I feel (due to constructive feedback from this site) because the partnership petition was too narrow and too technical in the way I put it across to get bums on seats. (and frankly looking at it now a bit long winded).

the above are just a few rushed thoughts.

What is your step by step strategy for the way you would like the petition to work?

Is it as a direct portal to Leigh Day. In one big step.

Or is it the more methodical approach of publicity for the issue first, then the detail of action?

I think this will have a big bearing on the construction of the petition. :thumbup:

OpShunned

OpShunned

Has anyone contacted Tom Hewitt yet?

Is anyone suitably peed off enough to contact him given the recent pay rise book of jokes?

Nothing to lose guys  :)

OpShunned

Bumped for sh**s and giggles , again

darklighter

If the national living wage goes up to £8.05 in April 2018, how can Stressco pay £8.02 until July 2018?

his scots tie

They will have to pay £8.05 if thats what it goes up to.

darklighter

QuoteThe first hop in pay is set to take place on April 2017, whereby the current rate of £7.20 will increase to £7.50 an hour. In 2018 you'll need to pay staff £8.05, followed by a £8.50 hourly rate in 2019. As a result of this, some one million workers will directly receive a pay rise.

Source:http://realbusiness.co.uk/current-affairs/2017/02/01/difference-between-national-living-wage-national-minimum-wage/

Stressco's booklet says that the rise from £8.02 to £8.18 will occur from the 1st July 2018 and according to that website, from April 2018, the minimum wage will be £8.05.

So if all information is correct then we will be paid below minimum wage for 3 months which I thought was illegal?

Fair play

Yep I have did so when we lost double time . Got nothing to lose and hopefully lots to gain

Morris999

The NLW for 2018 hasn't been decided on yet!
It's normally published around late October/early November.
However that being said it's being predicted from various sources to be between £7.70 and £8.05!
Now if it is in the higher range predictions of over £8.02 then Tesco will have to meet that when it comes into force, which is normally in April!
However most sources are predicting it to be less than £8.02!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk