Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:16AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 284
Total: 288

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redders

The statement given to sky news quoted 9.7 million.

snowyowl

Would this time period be about the same time period all that other skulduggery went on?

Arizonarugby

I've just seen the MtT's (pointless) thought for the week and his belief is offering people a hand up (rather than a hand out) and saying yes instead of no.
Well perhaps he should practice what he preaches , because the only hand up he has given me is the directions to the job Centre , so Matt here a little prom
Of my own, for you to reflect on

The past
Blood sweat and tears
Back sore from the toil of a hard days labour
Loyalty, commitment and enthusiasm
Living the values
Happy and content that my efforts will be rewarded
Job security, good prospects bright future

The present

Whispers in the corner
Dishonesty, lies and , deceit
Silence when I enter the room
Empty promise that can't and won't be kept
Fear , uncertainty , worthlessness

The future

Dole queue
Food bank
Repossession
Homelessness
Big Issue Seller

grim up north

A fair few of the managers who have been told they are 'at risk' have gone on the sick at my DC. Has the same happened elsewhere?

babymetal

Yeah, we've had a few on the sick at Reading and a couple have left for pastures new

Arizonarugby

Quote from: grim up north on 24-03-17, 03:24PM
A fair few of the managers who have been told they are 'at risk' have gone on the sick at my DC. Has the same happened elsewhere?
A few have also go sick at my DC , but can you blame them

grim up north

No, you can't blame them. But if T*sco turn around next week and say too many are going won't those on the sick be harming their chances of keeping their jobs? This isn't the first, and won't be the last big T balls up.

snowyowl

There's a couple left our DC after finding alternative employment and I am genuinely pleased for them but it does p*ss me off that this is exactly what Tosco want that's why they have tortured them for months.  >:( >:( B*st*rds  >:( >:(

Arizonarugby

Quote from: grim up north on 24-03-17, 06:18PM
No, you can't blame them. But if T*sco turn around next week and say too many are going won't those on the sick be harming their chances of keeping their jobs? This isn't the first, and won't be the last big T balls up.
Firstly I genuinely believe there's more chance of me winning the lottery tonight, than Tesco changing their minds. Secondly until they are actually served their notice or been paid PILON , then they are still an employee, they may be placed on a monitoring stage, but that's all - attendance wasn't part of the selection criteria, so why should it be used if there is a change if mind .
To be honest , I have served this company well for the past 25+ years and the reward I have got is to be s**t on from a great height - I'm lucky, if my People Manager and my Shift Manager (both of whom I've dug out of many a hole)  acknowledge my presence when I enter the room, may be I need to contact Doris Stokes to act a a medium !!!!

Dontbelieveaword

Can anyone give me the link for a copy of the managers/team leader redundancy booklet please

Arizonarugby

Phase 2 of the management restructure is being announced on Tuesday.

Good luck to the at risk managers, but don't expect and help from Tesco,  DLT, your  DCM, PM, support manager or the union, at the someone may hold the door open for you when you have your 1-2-1 , but other than that it's sink or swim.

Freddie31

Any idea what the phase 2 management restructure is?

Arizonarugby

Phase 2 is the second part of distributions restructure, reducing the management team by 60% and I don't expect it to end there.

JL

The Line Managers I know are basically doing a TLs job on an over inflated salary.  :thumbdown:

Billy Budd

Quote from: Arizonarugby on 14-04-17, 06:29PM
Phase 2 is the second part of distributions restructure, reducing the management team by 60% and I don't expect it to end there.

Transport Management is the next phrase at our Livingston Distribution Centre. I have to say, I never had much regard for the Team Managers at our DC, but the way the GM treated those poor Managers who he told we're going was brutal an utter disgrace....Totally degraded each one of them and stripped them of the dignity. More than twenty of them are signed off work with stress and depression......If any of our Tesco Directors are monitoring this page, then I ask you to bring that GM to account for what he did. Is this the type of management we want at Tesco in 2017??....😔

JL

Transport Management or none of it, does this mean no deliveries will be on time if they come at all.  F Sake!

Arizonarugby

Quote from: Billy Budd on 14-04-17, 09:06PM
Quote from: Arizonarugby on 14-04-17, 06:29PM

Transport Management is the next phrase at our Livingston Distribution Centre. I have to say, I never had much regard for the Team Managers at our DC, but the way the GM treated those poor Managers who he told we're going was brutal an utter disgrace....Totally degraded each one of them and stripped them of the dignity. More than twenty of them are signed off work with stress and depression......If any of our Tesco Directors are monitoring this page, then I ask you to bring that GM to account for what he did. Is this the type of management we want at Tesco in 2017??....😔

I guess it's the same at all depots, my GM talks the talk, and promise me the world and everything in it , but these are hollow words , the only help I've been given is a list of jobs to apply for most of which won't exist in the next 12 months i.e. compliance manager, night manager etc.

It's a lot like being in the playground waiting to be picked for the football team, only difference is you never get picked for anything and I'm lucky if anyone actually speaks to me .

grim up north

Unfortunately Arizonarugby hollow promises are in all walks of life. Managers sometimes tell their staff black is white just to get the job done quicker. WL 2's do it to WL 1. WL 3's do it to WL 2 and so on. At the time the managers see it as 'just doing their job'. Then when it happens to them, it's not right or moral. It seems to be the way T work.

VladPutin

Hopefully the next morons to get the chop include the genuises at Head Office who decided to move Fresh Counts to Easter Weekend Saturday... 8-)

optout

did you mean to say 'fresh counts' then?
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Jonthebarsteward

Has there been any news on PILON being offered yet?
Our DC has the coordinators trained and they go live next week apparently

Shiiiitinit

I hope so, I've nearly run out of sick pay!!!

Arizonarugby

Another prime example of Tesco's people first and open and honest policies.
All the "safe" managers have week given new shift patterns starting week 10 (28/4/2017)

The "at risk " managers now don't get copied in on emails etc and there's been more secret meetings and whispers in corridors, either my shift manager is Kim Philby or the fat lady has started to sing.

Not sure why they can't be honest with us , not exactly a shining example of how to engage your people ...

Arizonarugby

Message to the DLT (if any of them actually read this forum) it's now been almost 12 months since the "people first roadshows) and there's still no sign of "the bus" !!!!

optout

I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk