News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:05AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 280
Total: 285

The Hub

Started by beentheredoneit, 13-08-19, 04:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jellyfish4

Quote from: Theodore on 16-11-19, 12:09AM
I don't think they're "tracking" anybody, especially not customers.

All they are doing are using till information (voids, refunds for large amounts, card signatures etc), finger print scanners  (waste, clockin etc) to trigger "interesting" things for operators to view on CCTV. Anything against policy gets flagged and reported to the store.

It has flagged people automatically for pulling cages incorrectly, taking stock into areas it cannot see and for not processing waste correctly. The only way it could flag these actions would be through tracking your actions. But thanks for your input  :thumbup:

Theodore

We're obviously all using the term "tracking" to mean slightly different things. Oh and I don't believe for one second the hub has automatically flagged someone for pulling a cage incorrectly. You mean an operator has seen someone pull a cage incorrectly and flagged it. But thanks for your input.  :thumbup:

Redshoes

I don't know by experience but I gather that if there is a till short the hub can look back. It might turn out not to be a money short as it compensates next day but by looking they may see other things. Cameras cover end of belt and till drawer. Other main area is waste cages. They won't see waste sheets not being signed without looking. Can only assume they track random waste sheets and check it's being signed and going in cages. Can only assume that not pulling cages comes up from random checks or when looking for something else. They must have a brief to follow with key things to look for. With nearly 100 cameras in superstores there can't be enough people to watch all those cameras in all the stores. There must be a trigger or just random.

BlueBoo

who's sitting watching these 10's of thousands of hours of footage generated DAILY by this equipment?  or is it A.I?

this thread is frightening, i'm t/support for c/outs & i regularly reduce products at the till that are damaged or have unscannable reduction labels?

we even reduce damaged items at point of sale at the front end at managers request. it saves stuff having to go through to the back to get reduced + 99% of customers love it when you half price something for them because it's damaged.

scary reading.

lardyman

What I find really unbelievable is in my store we are constantly under the threat of getting attacked and threatened by shoplifters, yet we can't afford extra security However we can afford to chase after every member of staff making the most innocent of errors  .surely this money would be better spent on in store security guards

Redshoes

Quote from: BlueBoo on 17-11-19, 10:51PM
who's sitting watching these 10's of thousands of hours of footage generated DAILY by this equipment?  or is it A.I?

this thread is frightening, i'm t/support for c/outs & i regularly reduce products at the till that are damaged or have unscannable reduction labels?

we even reduce damaged items at point of sale at the front end at managers request. it saves stuff having to go through to the back to get reduced + 99% of customers love it when you half price something for them because it's damaged.

scary reading.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that you don't use the reduced button at till as it causes shrink. It is for very restricted use. I was told that if a bottle of milk is 1.00 and you reduce it at the till to 50p the result is that 50p goes through sales and 50p goes on shrink as unknown loss. That's why we use the yellow reduction stickers. Same with dept code button, all goes on shrink. Buttons are on tills as all part of "sending our customers home happy" but there is a balance between this and shrink. Voids should be use on self service as this is tracking "walk off's". It's all about things being tracked in the correct way and at right level.
We can only assume that if there is a store with high dept codes that this will be tracked on the hub to highlight its an issue and to show who is doing. Our dept codes are low but most of them track to one team support so he/she is taking the easy option.
So.... The hub tracks high levels of waste, shrink, via process. This to to say to store " you have gone off process, fix this". End of issue. If continues it say we have highlighted this as an issue and you have not fixed etc until we are back on process. If by tracking/looking they find colleague theft they will send proof to store. If following process and not stealing there is nothing to worry about.
Guards are supposed to be in stores with high threat levels, that is priority, not theft. If store has high threat levels are they all being reported and how high is high? Is it how serious the threat or is it how many?

chris9997

Some weeks ago I was told that a video was captured of a member of staff not rotating a product and we were going to be pulled up on this,  I said show us the video still waiting some weeks later, also informed that items not rotated will be matched with deliveries Really for eg item checked today not rotated product just come in so can pinpoint member of staff this way.
A flaw in this idea is that shelf may have been full any new stock is on backstock.

Whilst this is going on shoplifters and stocking up for Christmas.

penguin

Quote from: lardyman on 18-11-19, 10:14AM
What I find really unbelievable is in my store we are constantly under the threat of getting attacked and threatened by shoplifters, yet we can't afford extra security However we can afford to chase after every member of staff making the most innocent of errors  .surely this money would be better spent on in store security guards

Shoplifters in our store walk in and out with whatever they wish and we are told we are not to do anything other than ask them to leave in a calm manner, member of staff makes the smallest of error and investigations and warnings start flying around. You really can not make it up.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

forrestgimp

Quote from: Theodore on 17-11-19, 09:54PM
We're obviously all using the term "tracking" to mean slightly different things. Oh and I don't believe for one second the hub has automatically flagged someone for pulling a cage incorrectly. You mean an operator has seen someone pull a cage incorrectly and flagged it. But thanks for your input.  :thumbup:

It doesnt it has flags that trigger an alert. For instance go too close to the waste cage and it alerts the hub that someone is stood there, go to close to the spirits or makeup and the same thing happens. Waste something at CS desk and bang an alert goes in to see if the person is wasting it to use, Do a void and another alert is generated, Sell something of high value and yep you guessed it another alert pops up.

We even get alerts for dot com sales although they are putting them into their computer and not a till, we can watch a rolling POS list going up the till on any we want to watch including the cafe and phone shop.

Its proper good.

Jobless

Quote from: penguin on 18-11-19, 02:57PM
Quote from: lardyman on 18-11-19, 10:14AM

Shoplifters in our store walk in and out with whatever they wish and we are told we are not to do anything other than ask them to leave in a calm manner, member of staff makes the smallest of error and investigations and warnings start flying around. You really can not make it up.

They should try and invest in staff so that people arent expected to do too much in an hour. The shoplifters don't care if they are caught on camera. They know the law and the punishment and steal enough to make it pay even if caught. One slight mistake by the Police or Tesco and the case will be laughed out of court if it reaches one in the first place. Meanwhile the staff member is disciplined right/wrong to make a Team Manager look busy because they can't be arsed moving from the heat of the office.

lucgeo

Quote from: chris9997 on 18-11-19, 11:20AM
Some weeks ago I was told that a video was captured of a member of staff not rotating a product and we were going to be pulled up on this,  I said show us the video still waiting some weeks later, also informed that items not rotated will be matched with deliveries Really for eg item checked today not rotated product just come in so can pinpoint member of staff this way.
A flaw in this idea is that shelf may have been full any new stock is on backstock.

Whilst this is going on shoplifters and stocking up for Christmas.

I think this is the "Charlie says " trick that managers used to pull on GA's...SM "Charlie" wants you to do this...that...the other...not me asking.. " Charlie says " etc..etc...

So every time they want to push someone to do more...they're coming up with "Charlie's hub" says....
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

VladPutin

Knowing tesco, they'll probably out-source the hub itself to somewhere like India! ;D

[gmod] Offensive comment deleted.[/gmod]

SimonF12003

Well, they already did with stores helpdesk :)

Redshoes

It's Daventry

forrestgimp

Quote from: VladPutin on 23-11-19, 03:54PM
Knowing tesco, they'll probably out-source the hub itself to some Third World toilet like India! ;D

The 2 people that have remote access to my system have English enough names, anecdotal at best but why obfuscate names we are not supposed to be able to see?

I should clarify the 2 people who check our store that is, if you look at the permissions anyone of a higher grade at their end is able to log into any store they want pretty much from any pc they want.

VladPutin

Quote from: Redshoes on 24-11-19, 12:18PM
It's Daventry

Are you sure? I don't want to burn down the wrong building. >:D

Redshoes

Google it, jobs in Daventry.

About the role  We are currently recruiting for Lead Hub Operators to lead a team of HUB Operators who are responsible for reviewing data and associated video material to identify potential risks to our Safety, Security & Shrinkage within T****.  Current shifts available are;  Fri, Sat & Sun – 5am – 2.00pm or Sat, Sun & Mon – 1.00pm – 10.00pm  You will be responsible for a number of Store Director Groups and act as the main point of contact for Group Shrinkage and Security Managers.

Pnoom

Googled it, interesting reading. I particularly liked this bit:-

"We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work.  These include but aren't limited to:

An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary"

Talk about adding insult to injury...

VladPutin

Quote from: Redshoes on 25-11-19, 10:21AM
Google it, jobs in Daventry.

About the role  We are currently recruiting for Lead Hub Operators to lead a team of HUB Operators who are responsible for reviewing data and associated video material to identify potential risks to our Safety, Security & Shrinkage within T****.  Current shifts available are;  Fri, Sat & Sun – 5am – 2.00pm or Sat, Sun & Mon – 1.00pm – 10.00pm  You will be responsible for a number of Store Director Groups and act as the main point of contact for Group Shrinkage and Security Managers.

Sounds better than actually working for a living. No doubt they'll get plenty of applicants. 8-)

penguin

A 3.5 percent bonus is taking the p**s when most of us have had ours removed, it does make one wonder what a hub worker needs to do in order to get said bonus.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

forrestgimp

get people sacked...

Snaarffie

Quote from: forrestgimp on 24-11-19, 03:03PM
Quote from: VladPutin on 23-11-19, 03:54PM
Knowing tesco, they'll probably out-source the hub itself to some Third World toilet like India! ;D

The 2 people that have remote access to my system have English enough names, anecdotal at best but why obfuscate names we are not supposed to be able to see?

I should clarify the 2 people who check our store that is, if you look at the permissions anyone of a higher grade at their end is able to log into any store they want pretty much from any pc they want.

They can only use the pcs in Daventry to connect to your stores. The only other people who can log in are engineers from warrington at the gratte brothers building.

As to getting lots of applications they were desperate for staff so they paid people who did horrid on interviews between 30 and 35k a year

taliahad

May I ask my VLH friends how they would feel and what they would do if to their great surprise they were to discover a microphone in their small stockroom?  This stockroom could also be right next to the area where staff take their breaks.

genome

as far as I know audio recording only permitted in search room so kick up a big stink.

King1999

Isn't it illegal to record a conversation you are not involved in........sounds like somebody could be in deep s*** doing this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk