News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:33PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,124
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

10% bonus for Coronavirus

Started by MonkeH, 30-03-20, 01:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad

Night and Day some of the comments you post about this company you used to work for are helpful.

But overall you come across as very bitter, condescending and patronising. 

It didnt work out for you at Tesco, you moved on to bigger and better things.  Congratulations.  Maybe you should move on from this forum.

Nowanexmgr

And if you are above manager level (whatever that is?) And we are employing managers who cannot work out 7x3 in their heads.....I ask again...what does that make YOU? 😂😂😂

taliahad

NightAndDay

Quote from: Nowanexmgr on 02-04-20, 02:17PM
And if you are above manager level (whatever that is?) And we are employing managers who cannot work out 7x3 in their heads.....I ask again...what does that make YOU? 😂😂😂

Someone who can work out 7 x 3 in their head . 😂

sassycat

When will we be paid our 10%

msl1791

barafear

Quote from: taliahad on 02-04-20, 02:25PM
Well Morrisons' staff are being well rewarded.  Tesco need to up their game  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8179981/Morrisons-promises-1-000-bonus-frontline-staff.html

This is more in line with what Tesco managers are likely to see - i.e. a bonus paid on 12 months pay.
To be fair to Tesco, they have stated they will "review" the situation in early May. Basically. sales up by 20% in the last few weeks sounds amazing - but because of the hoarding, in theory this will see future sales being lower - and now with the new measures we have in store, I cannot see how sales can remain at even budgeted levels - fewer tills operational, fewer people allowed in store, and the basic message for people to stay at home.

If the lockdown continues for at least another three weeks, if not nearer three months in total (but perhaps with some loosening of the very tight restrictions) - then Tesco will probably need to extend the timeframe for the bonus.

To answer previous points about "being paid a fair wage, or even a "great" wage (or WTTE)" - this is going over old ground again.
Unfortunately, most of us are only unskilled workers carrying out a NLW role - and market forces come into play here - all the supermarkets now pay around the same amount - and that amount is currently about 2-6% above the level of the NLW.

If Tesco turned around tomorrow and made our hourly rate £10, I'm sure there would still be people who would not be happy.

I try to be neutral in these debates - I'm no great Tesco lover - but I'm also a realist - if I go, I can and will be replaced!!

taliahad

They probably do want as many of us as possible to go, right before the bonus date.  That way they won't have to pay out the bonus, I really wouldn't be surprised if that is the intention.  Regarding shopping restrictions and sales slow down, well Morrisons are in exactly the same situation.  Watch your backs everyone. 

Mathias casablancas

Well Morrisons' staff are being well rewarded.  Tesco need to up their game  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8179981/Morrisons-promises-1-000-bonus-frontline-staff.html

I worked for Morrisons a few years back , aswell as Sainsburys and now Tesco lol.  Morrisons were defo the best to work for. They were pretty chilled out had lots of staff .used to give us 2 parties a year and the Christmas party was in December not January 18th like Tescos (little things like that are just an insult)

Sainsburys were defo the strictest! Automatic lets talk if you clocked in over 3 min late, constant staff searches, endless long training , 2 full days training before you were allowed near a till , Tescos gave me about 5 min training before i was chucked on a till lol.

Tescos are somewhere in the middle. My managers are all cool to be honest but the main thing iv noticed is the company cut corners the most. Lots of serious things break down and arent fixed. Our back gates wouldnt shut for about 2 months and our only security was blocking it up with pallets. loads of cameras not working loads of thefts

NightAndDay

No company hates to spend money like Tesco. They will always scrape the bottom of the barrel for what they can legally get away with.

Mathias casablancas

Not even legally get away with lol.

Sometimes we have more cages of frozen delivered than we can physically fit in the freezer. But who needs a freezer when you have a chiller to store cages in lol

NightAndDay

Trust me, most on this site are very familiar with Tescos Mickey Mouse way of doing certain things, during my tenure, I've never been to a store that didn't have frozen ISB goods in the chiller.

LiveMyLife

Pretty jealous.... not going to lie lol.

Totot

Can't see any 10% bonus from today paycheck, hmmmm, so much for hard work.

fatboy

Totot.......the bonus will be paid in your wages on 1st & 29 june

barafear

1st and 29th MAY......not June

Totot

Ah, i see, thanks Fatboy and Barafear  :thumbup:

fatboy

Oh yeah May not June, silly me  :D

Mark calloway

This is worse than lord of the flies

Scruff

Quote from: chris9997 on 02-04-20, 12:52AM
1st May and 28th May in the brieffing

We get 2? so the 1st may will be backdated from march won't it? so 10% of 8 weeks wages?

madness

Quote from: Scruff on 05-04-20, 06:05PM
Quote from: chris9997 on 02-04-20, 12:52AM
1st May and 28th May in the brieffing

We get 2? so the 1st may will be backdated from march won't it? so 10% of 8 weeks wages?
"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt"

Denzil

We have been informed Tesco colleagues will get 50% of clothing.
As the government have advised to shop for essentials only, and queue waiting time can be 10 mins to an hour, why are Tesco encouraging staff to shop for clothes, beggars belief!!!
Browsing, or even worse, trying on clothes, whilst customers are waiting patiently in a queue doesn't sit well with me.
50% off groceries, yes please, not clothes you can't get rid of because most people are following advice and buying essentials only.

taliahad

Tesco like giving you something, without actually giving you anything.  They're probably doing this because clothing sales are down.  Who needs a new summer wardrobe if you're spending your holidays in the back garden? 

kbm800609

When does the 50% clothing discount end? I haven't been able to find any info about it. I usually get emails regarding any colleague offers, but had nothing this time round

Welshie

It's on for 4 weeks , changing rooms closed so cant try on .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk