News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:39AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 298
Total: 302

Tesco Staff Benefits

Started by carpman1, 19-08-05, 05:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renown

As a user of PAYG on the staff tariff,I have looked at the £7.50 per month contract idea.
The idea of 250 minutes and unlimited texts while keeping your own phone and number looks quite good.I just need to work out if it is better than topping up and getting free credit each time I top up  :-\

CarGirl

Hi I sell Tesco Car Insurance, just to clear up the Car Insurance queries....

OK, You're right the staff discount is exactly the same as the online discount ...15%, so if you've had a quote on the website, thats the cheapest price. The interest free instalments for staff is no longer available for new customers (but older customers who had this will still get it at renewal)
We used to do 12 flat monthly payments for staff but this has also been stopped, it's a deposit and 10 instalments on the first year.

We do price match for staff BUT this has to be customer led, so if you simply ask 'Is that the cheapest?' we have to say yes and that's it BUT if you say you heard we price match etc....and mention the offer then we can match another quote.

I think it s*** if i'm honest! Personally I wouldn't buy car Insurance from them, we've always got calls holding, they're closing call centres so it's only going to get busier, all the staff have a chip on their shoulder and will probably speak to you like s***! And the staff discounts are a joke!

P.S Please don't have a go at us, we're only consultants, we want it to be cheap as much as you do because we're on commission, we're not in control of the prices or how long people are holding. We're just RBS monkeys!

bloodhound

Wow!
Welcome to VLH Cargirl!
And thanks for the candid reply!

YoungSteve

Hi i am a new member to this site, well i used to be on it a few years ago and forgot my acct and email so i have just resigned up. I am a 22yo worker of 2 years, have worked nights warehouse, Car park Team leader days and am back on nights as a produce filler.

This question is regarding the free shares entitled to all workers at the end of the financial year. I was informed on break last night that they are available at the end of the year and if not claimed are voided and not paid, so i gather i lost out last year? I was also told there is a number i can text to find out if i have any shares waitin for me? My managers are useless in doin anything that benefits anyone other than themselves so i'm lookin to find out what i can without havin to involve them

If anyone has any detailes on how i'd go about finding out, claiming, cashin in etc i would v much like to know! I googled it a bit and found nothing, facebooked the tesco sites, found nothing, so i'm hoping u knowledgeable people could help me out on this one!! Thanks very much in advance for any help u may be able to provide!

YoungSteve

The Mrs

First of all you need to be registered. See http://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=9894.msg56037#msg56037

Once registered your shares are allocated to you each May. You cannot sell them for three years. Between 3 and 5 years you pay Tax on them. After 5 years they are yours without deduction.

You can find details of any shares already allocated in your Benefits Report. This also gives your Share Account number with Equiniti who hold the shares for you. Their telephone number is 0871 384 2976.

The Mrs

Staff Privilege card holders no longer get their vouchers before Clubcard holders.  :(

adspackman

I'd noticed that they seemed a bit later than normal this time but thought it was just me! It doesn't make much difference to me personally though, they get used whenever turn up so as long as they actually arrive I'm happy.

amex

i think it does matter when they turn up as you get less time to use more specific dated coupons-also we work hard so why shouldnt we be rewarded with getting vouchers first-gets on my nerves when customers bringing all their vouchers in and we havent even got ours yet-anyone know why it changed?   (?))  8)

The Mrs

I asked but no answer has been forthcoming.

Still waiting for the vouchers to arrive. Looks like Privilege Card holders now receive theirs AFTER Clubcard holders.  >:(

gambit

got mine 3 days ago. all £1.50 of it... o well

adspackman

I received mine about 10 days ago, someone else I know (not Tesco staff) got theirs about a week ago. Perhaps you've just been unlucky this time round, TM?

The Mrs

Finally! In this morning's post.

(Can't be sent out in alphabetical order of surname either)

amex

Snap-finally got mine too this morn-about time! >:(

zamfir

Hi,

We're meant to have received a £10 off £50 Tesco Direct voucher with our payslips today.  Our store hasn't received them yet.

I phoned Tesco Direct, and the operator on the phone said that they hadn't received theirs either, so was wondering if anybody here knows the code to enter?

I go on holiday early next week and ideally need the order here before I leave.

Cheers.

adspackman

I'm on holiday at the moment, but I will be in my store in the morning and intend to collect my payslip while I'm there. If the voucher comes with it and nobody else has been able to provide it I will let you know then.

picktocube

TDX-RTHK expires 12 oct 2010. there is also a family and friends voucher attached, same code  :)

zamfir

Thank you very much, worked a treat  :)

Our store is always last to receive goodies!

The Mrs

You should also have received a voucher for £10 off £30+ on groceries from dot com. Another for free VIP paintball entry for up to 40 players. And for this month £50 to £100 off 2011 holidays through the staff travel agent.

scorpio

Did not receive any vouchers with this pay doc? Strange!!!!!

adspackman

Well I didn't make it to my store on Saturday, which was just as well because apparently our payslips haven't arrived yet.  8-)

lackofinterest

all the "money off" vouchers i received with my payslip went straight in the bin cos as per usual nothing of any interest to me. i for one begrudge giving my hard earned wages back to tesco.

The Mrs

QuoteTesco experiments with Clubcard

Tesco has been experimenting with further beefing up its Clubcard loyalty scheme as it fights to boost sales growth in its home market.

Britain's biggest retailer has issued high-spending Clubcard holders with a coupon to earn triple points on their shopping.

The triple Clubcard point promotion, which runs for three weeks, also comes close to the anniversary of Tesco's move in August 2009 to reward Clubcard holders with two points for every £1 ($1.5) spent in store and online, rather than a single point
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6555c2a8-bb83-11df-a136-00144feab49a.html

Anyone had one of these vouchers?

happygirl

If you mean triple points on my entire shop, yes had one this week

Storck

I got one the other week and managed to lose it and haven't had another one since.  :(

adspackman

Not had one myself, but then the "high-spending" part probably rules me out!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk