News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

16-04-24, 08:12PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,343
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 162
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 126
Total: 131

Tesco Staff Benefits

Started by carpman1, 19-08-05, 05:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnacle Bill 4870

Does anybody know if we will be recieving an extra Bank Holiday this year (29th April - Royal Wedding)?

I'm hoping we will be getting the opportunity for an extra "Bank Holiday" Holiday to make it 9 for full timers.

The Mrs

adspackman

Just beat me to it there, TM!

Ancient

I cant access the Tesco benefits today, Have they changed the password or is it down?

Paul

Ps If someone has the phone No of Tesco car insurance for staff please let me know  or do I use normal No?

picktocube

seems ok to me,just logged in,still the same password

Ancient

Quote from: picktocube on 23-01-11, 03:54PM
seems ok to me,just logged in,still the same password

Ok just me then, Can you access and get me the contact No?

Thanks

Paul

picktocube

I think this is the one 0845 301 07 14

Ancient

Ta,

I will give it a go tomorrow.

Paul

Kaizer_Sauzee

Hey sorry to change the subject here, but i saw noone had wrote in this one for a week or so, its just i wanted to make a new post to the all departments board about something which happened but cannot see where i can start a new post? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

edwardian

you need to be a VLH supporter hun.  its costs very little then you get so much more

http://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?page=3

glscotslad

Quote from: CarGirl on 17-05-10, 01:36AM
Hi I sell Tesco Car Insurance, just to clear up the Car Insurance queries....

OK, You're right the staff discount is exactly the same as the online discount ...15%, so if you've had a quote on the website, thats the cheapest price. The interest free instalments for staff is no longer available for new customers (but older customers who had this will still get it at renewal)
We used to do 12 flat monthly payments for staff but this has also been stopped, it's a deposit and 10 instalments on the first year.

We do price match for staff BUT this has to be customer led, so if you simply ask 'Is that the cheapest?' we have to say yes and that's it BUT if you say you heard we price match etc....and mention the offer then we can match another quote.

I think it s*** if i'm honest! Personally I wouldn't buy car Insurance from them, we've always got calls holding, they're closing call centres so it's only going to get busier, all the staff have a chip on their shoulder and will probably speak to you like s***! And the staff discounts are a joke!

P.S Please don't have a go at us, we're only consultants, we want it to be cheap as much as you do because we're on commission, we're not in control of the prices or how long people are holding. We're just RBS monkeys!

Can I just respond to this post, only just seen it.

The Car Offer has changed and is actually much better than it was before!

- Up to 15% Clubcard discount
- Up to 10% when you buy online
- Whatever the latest offer is i.e. if its a Gift card you get that too
- 10% Staff Discount

Yes, they removed the 12 months interest free, as the overall offer is much better for everyone and only the people who took interest free payments benefited!

They haven't closed call centres, they used to be ran by RBS, they're now 100% tesco staff in them and in fact, Tesco created 1500 jobs opening them. the staff are great on the phone, as I took my car insurance out with them and the prices are really really cheap! try them and I bet they beat your current insurer hands down.

I work for Tesco Bank, so it upsets me when people post rubbish like this. The offers we're putting on for staff are actually really really good, with more products coming in the next year!!

Cheers and thanks for listening!

ETUKL

so does that mean you get 35% discout for being a staff member (15% clubcard, 10% online, 10%  discount card)

Nomad

Cheap is not always best (in fact it rarely is).

Rubbish is replacing a stolen set of car keys & leaving the owner to pay for them to be programed, and someone out there has a set of keys to the car. Should have had a new set of locks.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

The Mrs

Quote from: ETUKL on 11-03-11, 08:50PM
so does that mean you get 35% discout for being a staff member (15% clubcard, 10% online, 10%  discount card)

"Discounts are applied consecutively in the order shown and are subject to minimum premium. For the online and Clubcard discounts at least 10% of eligible customers will achieve the maximum disount. Discounts exclude Tesco Legal Guard Cover or Breakdown Cover."
Taken from the benefits site.

It doesn't say what the minimum premium is.

Say premium is £200.
-10% online in first year = £20
£180 x 15% clubcard discount = £27
£153 x 10% staff discount = £15.30
£137.70 to pay

In this example you'd be getting 31.15%

Renewing in following years only gives you the 10% staff discount so if the premium stayed the same in year 2 you'd pay £180.

So no, you don't get 35% discount.

glscotslad - can you tell us what the minimum premium is?

As Nomad has said, cheap is not always best. I have had terrible experiences with Tesco car insurance where they were absolutely no help at all, I'll never insure with them again - not because of cost but because of the awful service.

trigger

Mines up nxt wk 2.2 150 sri vectra,all the usuals. tesco quoted 400 fully comp,every other 700+,i insured with asda,there quote 800+,get "£$d,im not a boy racer.

I'll shop around next yr...

Halifax,cover all the breakdown,very good on a current account,i broke down on the m4,picked up within 30 mins,poor golf towed of to a destination of my choosing. :d: :d: :d:,cover may coincide..
BRING ON THE WELSH HA HA HA.GRAND SLAM 2008.
VOTE UKIP.

ableseaman

glscotslad post,
be careful when looking at these wonderful figures, it may be a good deal for your first year but after that you will be ripped off by buying Tesco car insurance.
ALWAYS check out the car insurance comparison sites ie gocompare/moneysupermarket/comparethemarket.
I have just realised this as my car insurance was due last month with Tesco, they quoted me fully comp with all the extras and full RAC coverage under their finest/premier insurance for £380. That was with 8 years no claim entitlement as well.
Gocompare got me with Marks & Spencers (yes M&S) only difference was an extra £50 excess, total charge £251.32
a saving of £128.68.
Thanks for looking after your staff again Mr Tesco, every little bit helps

therm

do tesco insure CAT D cars ?

JCZY

Tesco are c**p for renewl quotes.  My first year quote was very good, then renewl quote was up 16% from £1,152 to over £1,300 a year!

Rang up, and asked how that could be, my wife and I had both turned 26 this year, my wife who was the named driver had 4yrs no claims, and myslf 2yrs, so how could they justify this rise, if anything we should be cheaper.

Demanded to speak to someone higher, and eventually I beat them down, it gone down by £12 a year.  Absolutley rediculous

adspackman

I think Tesco and other insurers hope to rely on people just paying the renewal price without question and so inflate it accordingly. I suspect there are people out there who will pay it because they got a good deal the first time and assume that it's a good price or simply because they can't be bothered with getting quotes even though that takes half an hour maximum these days.

Other Tesco insurance products are the same, good deal the first year and then expensive renewal prices.

glscotslad

Hi there

I would give you the minimum premium if I knew it, but I don't work in pricing.

As for other providers giving you a better quote, yeah, they often will, as ALL Car Insurance companies give you their best price in the first year, as you get additional discounts. Just the same, as we give you an extra 10% in year 1.

However, that said, you'll continue to get the Clubcard Discount ongoing and you're 10% staff discount on renewal.

As for the service aspect, I used to be with Tesco years back too and had the same problem. The big difference now, is we own the product / call centres etc now, 1000 of our own staff (on the phones, 1500 in total). Not RBS, as it was previously.

I'm not gonna brainwash you all and say you must buy from Tesco, but the prices are generally good and i'd try them as a first port of call, or try them after you've gotten a price from everyone else, then compare.

Don't forget to enter or give your Privilegecard when you get a quote, as this drives the Clubcard discount and the staff discount! (both of these are ongoing, not just in your first year)

Cheers

gl

Storck

Do we get discount on pet insurance?

Just about to get a cat and think I'd better get some insurance for when it gets ill.

glscotslad

We do and it's cheapish too, shop around then compare the price you get for staff.

The benefits site:

www.peopleattesco.com

username: tesco
password: mybenefits

has all the details and you can get a quote!

adspackman

I suspect I already know the answer to this, but it's worth asking just in case. Does the staff discount apply only if the member of staff is the main driver or can they be a named driver on the policy and still get the discount?

As for the pet insurance, all of my pets are insured with Tesco and they do offer very good prices. Thankfully I've never had cause to try and claim though, so I can't comment on the service in that regard.

Anne

Don't know about Tesco specifically but most insurance companies offer staff discount to the employee or a named spouse/partner. Either of them can be the policy holder or a named driver.

glscotslad

Quote from: adspackman on 19-03-11, 09:50PM
I suspect I already know the answer to this, but it's worth asking just in case. Does the staff discount apply only if the member of staff is the main driver or can they be a named driver on the policy and still get the discount?

As for the pet insurance, all of my pets are insured with Tesco and they do offer very good prices. Thankfully I've never had cause to try and claim though, so I can't comment on the service in that regard.

As long as you both live at the same address, you can use your staff discount on a policy, if it's:

- in your name with a partner on the policy
- in your partners name, with you as the named driver on the policy

Just remember when you take out the quote to enter your privilegecard and employee number in to the quote and buy page.

Hope that helps?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk