Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:15PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,120
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 276
Total: 281

Am I supposed to be off for 12 weeks? conflicting info :(

Started by Freebird123, 29-03-20, 03:09PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freebird123

im off work for two weeks because my asthma is not great and I've been put on two weeks of steroid tablets. My concern is one of the two inhalers I have to take daily is a white inhaler that is a steroid and is on the list on the asthma website as a high-risk category, and together with this and the steroid tablets, I'm considered more vulnerable to Corona Symptoms PLUS now I'm told because I recently had the annual flu jab that again makes me more vulnerable. |But my doctor says if I don't get any letter from the NHS then I'm ok to return to work after two weeks. The 111 services didn't even think I should isolate for these two weeks until I told them I worked in retail and they changed their minds when I explained I couldn't social distance from customers at that time (near on impossible with panic buyers!). I'm worried that I'm getting conflicting info from all directions and not sure to isolate for two weeks or tell Tesco it will be longer. If I have no letter that means I have to go back and put myself at risk again? I have no symptoms of the actual Virus but just can't find out where I stand regards my health. Can anyone advise on here?

ps stay safe all xx

Jonathan1970

Quote from: Freebird123 on 29-03-20, 03:09PM
im off work for two weeks because my asthma is not great and I've been put on two weeks of steroid tablets. My concern is one of the two inhalers I have to take daily is a white inhaler that is a steroid and is on the list on the asthma website as a high-risk category, and together with this and the steroid tablets, I'm considered more vulnerable to Corona Symptoms PLUS now I'm told because I recently had the annual flu jab that again makes me more vulnerable. |But my doctor says if I don't get any letter from the NHS then I'm ok to return to work after two weeks. The 111 services didn't even think I should isolate for these two weeks until I told them I worked in retail and they changed their minds when I explained I couldn't social distance from customers at that time (near on impossible with panic buyers!). I'm worried that I'm getting conflicting info from all directions and not sure to isolate for two weeks or tell Tesco it will be longer. If I have no letter that means I have to go back and put myself at risk again? I have no symptoms of the actual Virus but just can't find out where I stand regards my health. Can anyone advise on here?

ps stay safe all xx

I say you should be off for the 12 weeks paid absence from what you say.

Look at the guidence for vulnerable and extremely vulnerable people in the link mollymoomoo posted.

You fall in
Under 70 and receives a flu jab on medical grounds for your Asthma.

Jonathan1970

Oh and your doctor is wrong letters are for the extremely vulnerable not the high risk vulnerable and shouldnt say you should be at work.

RandomJim

If you can get a doctors note to prove you’ve had the flu jab this last year
Have been hospitalised
Or are on their list of steroids
You can be off.

But if you don’t .. like me ... you can’t take the 12 weeks ... which I think is a p-take ... asthma is asthma ... government says if you are “INSTRUCTED” to take it you should qualify ... tesco changing things to suit them yet again.

Quote from: Jonathan1970 on 29-03-20, 05:03PM
Quote from: Freebird123 on 29-03-20, 03:09PM

ps stay safe all xx

I say you should be off for the 12 weeks paid absence from what you say.

Look at the guidence for vulnerable and extremely vulnerable people in the link mollymoomoo posted.

You fall in
Under 70 and receives a flu jab on medical grounds for your Asthma.

Freebird123

Thanks for all your advise , I cant view that link soon our tesco because its saying my account is suspended!  :'(

mieles

What about us that have kept working and Tesco going over all these weeks?
We have older or younger loved ones!
There are DEfINATLY p**s takers taking advantage of the situation!!! Hashtag ANGRY!

Mrsholdentightly

Anyone know how you stand if you are a carer. I've been told to take 12 weeks off got a letter because my son has leukemia. Obviously he can't take care of himself as he's a toddler. Tesco say I can take it but unpaid 🤷🏼‍♀️ but asda are paying carers the full 12 weeks off....

Mollymoomoo

Quote from: Freebird123 on 29-03-20, 06:50PM
Thanks for all your advise , I cant view that link soon our tesco because its saying my account is suspended!  :'(

Get your manager to log on in front of you then you can both see what it says. You should definitley NOT be at work!

Mollymoomoo

Quote from: mieles on 29-03-20, 07:54PM
There are DEfINATLY p**s takers taking advantage of the situation!!! Hashtag ANGRY!

Who are you angry with? The vunerable or the p**stakers? 

Freebird123

MIELES that comment better not be aimed at me! This is a hard enough time with EVERYONE having concerns about work, loved ones, old or young. I have genuine concerns , in my situation it's most definitely not a pisstake! Cant speak for others actions obviously

surlaroute

Quote from: Freebird123 on 29-03-20, 10:25PM
MIELES that comment better not be aimed at me! This is a hard enough time with EVERYONE having concerns about work, loved ones, old or young. I have genuine concerns , in my situation it's most definitely not a pisstake! Cant speak for others actions obviously

the "pisstaker" notion is built into the toxic tesco fabric, it's not new. I feel it even when I take my honest sickies that always take me a fraction over the allowance becasue I only work fri/sat so it's impossible for me to take one day off without going over. We have the allowance, we should be allowed to take it for any reason without inquisition. If anything, the allowance during a pandemic should be even more compassionate. I'm livid at this company right now, on top of general pandemic anxiety.

Welshie

Quote from: Mrsholdentightly on 29-03-20, 08:25PM
Anyone know how you stand if you are a carer. I've been told to take 12 weeks off got a letter because my son has leukemia. Obviously he can't take care of himself as he's a toddler. Tesco say I can take it but unpaid 🤷🏼‍♀️ but asda are paying carers the full 12 weeks off....

I think carers can only take the 12 weeks as unpaid . My husband has "terminal" cancer and I am now off as a lifestyle  break . My store has been amazing and would have told me if  there were anyway they could have authorized it as paid . I know this due to other  things they have done for my husband (also a colleague) and I that they didnt have to do .
I hope you get something sorted for your son , the fear of carrying this virus home to someone on cancer treatment  is mentally crippling and I really feel for you .

Jonathan1970

Quote from: mieles on 29-03-20, 07:54PM

Dont you get 10% extra every hour you do and the pick of the products when they come into store,
I think stopping at home with a increased risk of illness is not a p**stake as you call it, its saving themselfs from illness.
Id rather be at work to be honest, but my medical illness says not to.
I really dont know how anyone can take advantage of been at higher risk of illness.
You have made yourself look to be a berk with your bad thinking of ill people in worrying times.

Dogsbody

Agree with Jonathan 1970. I have a life long chronic disease which I would rather live without. I'm staying off not only to save myself but also to save the NHS from having to treat me. It's not a p...take, everyone that is off has a reason to be off, it's not something you can just conjure up.  It's very sad to hear Colleagues turn on one another. Look on the brightside if there was a competition for a ventilator  the young and normally fit would be at the top of the list and we poor chronically Ill wouldn't even get on the list.

lucgeo

Oh dear...worrying times bring out the best and the worst of people.

From what I understand, if your illness is not on a list classed as being vulnerable, you can't get paid leave for 12 weeks. You have to produce a medical letter of statement to qualify, no letter, no exemption.

Now I have been amazed by some in my old store...some of the usual shirkers are giving it their all, even the ones who do qualify for exemption are turning in, and the store is supporting them by keeping them working in areas behind the scenes as much as possible.

I seriously doubt anyone is doing it just for the 10% and first pick.

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Pimpernel19

Quote from: surlaroute on 29-03-20, 10:31PM
Quote from: Freebird123 on 29-03-20, 10:25PM

the "pisstaker" notion is built into the toxic tesco fabric, it's not new. I feel it even when I take my honest sickies that always take me a fraction over the allowance becasue I only work fri/sat so it's impossible for me to take one day off without going over. We have the allowance, we should be allowed to take it for any reason without inquisition. If anything, the allowance during a pandemic should be even more compassionate. I'm livid at this company right now, on top of general pandemic anxiety.

Amen, the company stripey shirts will Aways try to bring absence from work down to percentages, even thru coronavirus... Shame on you tosserco! We all mistrust you, that is because you are historically draconian in your approach to sickness! Humans get sick, fact! show more concern to humanity and not your billions of profit, Deep down you know you are being w#nkers!.. and you are do don't you!?

Freebird123

I've just spoken to a doctor at my surgery who's told me that just because I've has the flu jab it doesnt make me a member of the vulnerable list . The steroid tablets  I'm on are not working either hence why I rang them but she said I now have to ring 111 and not her . So having asthma breathing issues and the flu jab does not constitute me qualifying for the vulnerable list with one organisation but will according to  another? No wonder there are people putting their health ar risk when the info out there is all over the place ! :(.

blueberet

Was your doctor referring to the extremely vulnerable list? These are the ones that should be shielding and will be on a list to get support from the local authority, (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19)

With your condition it sounds like you are part of the group that are recommended to be particularly stringent in following social distancing measures, (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults)

As per Coronavirus 19 March 2020 update on ourtesco anyone on the second list should be given the 12 weeks off paid with 2 as holiday.

Jonathan1970

Quote from: Freebird123 on 31-03-20, 10:51AM
I've just spoken to a doctor at my surgery who's told me that just because I've has the flu jab it doesnt make me a member of the vulnerable list . The steroid tablets  I'm on are not working either hence why I rang them but she said I now have to ring 111 and not her . So having asthma breathing issues and the flu jab does not constitute me qualifying for the vulnerable list with one organisation but will according to  another? No wonder there are people putting their health ar risk when the info out there is all over the place ! :(.

You fall into the 12 week paid absence , take it

Blackcat3

They are saying you need a letter from the doctor or recieved a letter through the post it's not consistent what is been told to staff

Mark calloway

I'm a registered carer for my disabled wife and my two kids who are on a clinical trial. Would I qualify for time off? To be honest I'd rather be in work,I've got my pride. Sadly at least one in our store is taking the p**s. He's taking as much time off as possible so he can finish his decorating and play baby games on his Xbox

Preacherpauly

Quote from: Mrsholdentightly on 29-03-20, 08:25PM

So how do you pay your bills if you cant work and have to take it unpaid. Asda doing the right thing, tesco are not.

Preacherpauly

Quote from: Mark calloway on 31-03-20, 03:18PM
I'm a registered carer for my disabled wife and my two kids who are on a clinical trial. Would I qualify for time off? To be honest I'd rather be in work,I've got my pride. Sadly at least one in our store is taking the p**s. He's taking as much time off as possible so he can finish his decorating and play baby games on his Xbox

How is he taking the p**s? Does he fall in to the 12 weeks off category or taking unpaid time off, Or is he just calling in sick and taking advantage of the situation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk