Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:31PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 296
Total: 300

Snakes/rats/mice/spiders etc in Tesco !

Started by Nomad, 14-07-12, 09:57AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SensibleSid

I'd heard that a Pony was £25 and a Monkey was £500.

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

chris9997

i remember some years ago a customer returned a part consumed tesco value chicken saying it was off Dm offered  refund of chicken customer not happy wanted £30 as it ruined the whole meal and wanted the other ingredients paid for to (with no proof) not surprisingly the DM obliged so she kept quite not for other customers to here.

Nomad

Tesco shopper's horror after little girl almost eats 'human fingernail found in marshmallow'

QuoteA Tesco spokesman said: "We set ourselves the highest standards for our products and are always disappointed when a customer is dissatisfied.

"We have strict processes in place to ensure incidents like this do not occur.

I'm sure I've read the above two lines many times over a long period of time, and I'm still unconvinced.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

zarniwoop

See my thread "Cold Chain ? What Cold Chain" ? To get an Idea why !

Metal Mario

As the largest private employer in the country surely most people in the country know or know of someone who works for T and by that stretch have heard stories of how our cold chain procedures, H & S procedures etc are all BS.
In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Nomad

Mother's horror at finding worm like parasite in Tesco salmon

Quote'It could kill a baby or a vulnerable person or someone who already has a condition.

Here's that spokesperson again:
QuoteA Tesco spokesperson said: 'We set ourselves the highest standards for the quality of our food and were disappointed to hear of this incident.
How come none of these spokespersons have a name.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

mexicopete

The worlds me lobster

troll-hunter

Uuuum is "We have strict processes in place to ensure incidents like this do not occur." not a rather odd statement to make?

Nomad

Yes, because everybody knows that they don't work or are not observed.

'strict' = uncompromising
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

zarniwoop

There is T*sco policy.
There is Store policy.
There is the law of the land.

I have recently been in situations where the two former do not agree with the latter !

Nomad

Young mother horrified four month old baby daughter bleeding, shard of GLASS in Tesco nappy
Quote'There should be better health and safety checks and there shouldn't even be glass in the area where nappies and other baby products are being made.

QuoteA Tesco spokesperson said: 'There is nothing more important to us than the safety of our products and all of our factories operate the most rigorous checks.
So repetitive  8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Loki

QuoteA Tesco spokesperson said: 'There is nothing more important to us than the safety of our products and all of our factories operate the most rigorous checks.

As rigorous as they are with Health and Safety in the workplace then.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Nomad

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/maggot-tesco-broccoli-woman-outraged-5958185

QuoteAn outraged woman is refusing to shop in Tesco ever again after claiming to have discovered a maggot on the inside of her broccoli wrapping.

QuoteEating a maggot is unlikely to cause any health problems but could be considered a good source of protein.
that's OK then  :)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/boy-2-could-scarred-life-5987007

QuoteA two-year-old boy may have been left scarred for life by a plaster from Tesco, it has been claimed.

Looks very nasty.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

antico

I would suggest that the mothers ignorance in covering a chicken pox s**b in the first place is what led to the scarring. A s**b is natures way of protecting the skin underneath . to cover it up she used a plaster which prevented the s**b from drying out completely and falling off revealing the new skin underneath. By covering the s**b with the plaster she created the perfect environment for infection to set in and delay healing.

zarniwoop

There is no known cure for stupid.
:-X

Nomad

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jul/13/scorpion-lurking-in-tesco-banana-pack-stings-care-worker

QuoteA young care worker feared she would die after she was stung by a scorpion found inside a sealed pack of Tesco bananas.

Kita Fitton, 20, was at work making packed lunches when she reached into the packet and suddenly felt a sharp pain. When she pulled out her hand, the scorpion fell out, its sting stuck in the end of her finger.

Makes a change from getting stung by the prices.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3169272/Woman-loses-tooth-biting-rusty-blade-food-bought-Tesco.html

QuoteThe metal shard shattered part of one of her molars, causing her to undergo dental surgery.

A Tesco spokesman said: 'There is nothing more important to us than the safety of our products and all of our factories operate the most rigorous checks.'

How many factories do the company own ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Loki

I don't know, but perhaps several in China and India?

troll-hunter

Are those 'our' bags in the mouse video? ............. it's been a while since I have handled any 8-)

Nomad

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tesco-forced-apologise-after-mum-6232235

QuoteA disgusted mother sunk her teeth into a Tesco spring roll and found a metal bolt hidden inside.

Please no jokes about this thread  :)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Loki

SensibleSid

Poor woman was having a bad day. First, something had apparently disgusted her and then, whilst disgusted, she bit into her spring roll and found a bolt.
I wonder if she then screwed her face up?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk