News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

26-04-24, 01:33AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,902
  • Latest: Adrian
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,414
  • Total Topics: 638
  • Online today: 513
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 490
Total: 491

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duracell

Quote from: nightsboy on 06-02-16, 09:32PM
I agree that the previous compensation lump sum should be taken out of this calculation but then it will still work out less than my new salary after the payrise. it seriously isn't me being greedy, its me asking a question, even if people are saying its in the black and white, it isn't right.

I see it as renaging on what was previously agreed. Or orchestrating a way out of it.

And if this change had been in the cards amist the TL situation then all those affected were misinformed, but they could hardly say. Go to this but it won't last 12 months. Your JNC really don't have many if any scruples do they, have they no concept of what is reasonable.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Red Rock

Greetings,

Thought this would happen, individuals starting to take pot shots at each other, is this the way we treat and respect each other? 

I'm not effected by the loss of night premiums or Sunday double time, but could. Anyone take a cut in their earnings?  Compensation will not last forever.  These individuals may have mortgages and family to support; so please have some dignity and respect by not adding fuel to the fire.  They are at the end of the day our colleques. 

I for one will not be making unwanted comments on here about their feelings and future actions they may wish to take against the company or union.

Duracell

Red Rock, I agree.
I am unaffected, but I see this as a test, this is the start of a process to a consistant rate applied to all regardless of Time of day, week or the number of hours worked.

It will have an impact on all staff.

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Morris999

Duracell I think your wrong about this being a test but right about the it being the start of a consistent rate applied too all.

The test was the pension changes last year and as well all rolled over had our bellies tickled and took it, they now believe they can do anything they want.
If we will not fight something as big as the pension change that affects every colleague then they know we won't fight anything that they throw at us, especially changes that only affect a minority of colleagues.

Call me

Well I have just one thing to say mr tesco don't just give me a  stupid payoff to come off my double pay on Sundays.   Pleeeessse make me redundant please I beg you  amen

Duracell

I respect any opinion that challenges my opinion.
However I repectfully disagree that the pension was "the test".

The old scheme wasn't a contractual right providing the, new legal right "a company pension scheme" is accessible, which it is.

The level we had was a benefit if it was over and above the legal minimum, which the new is.

A change to a contract between the individual and the employer is a totally different ideal. It is enshrined in legal formalities and rights. YOUR right to agree or deny to a change in YOUR contract being key.

The pension never took away your right to "access a company pension". As that continued.
A deal, that denies you the right to agree or disagree to the change or removal of a contractual term is to be fair entirely different.

Duracell.

BANDERSNATCH

Quote from: Expressdude2016 on 06-02-16, 08:38PM
Quote from: claden on 06-02-16, 08:20PM
Quote from: nightsboy on 06-02-16, 06:58PM
that's my point Claden, between jan15- dec 15 I was on team leader rate, however it states that it will be based on current rate which I believe cant be right since its a FACT I was on team leader rate from jan15 to may15???
I was told categorically it was based on your take home pay between jan 15 - dec 15 including any overtime earned, so I would imagine your T/L rate will be taken into consideration, it is not based on your 'current' rate it's based on your take home pay between those dates specified. Against whatever a years salary under the new rates is in. Hopefully they don't try to rip off all the T/L by moving the goalposts for them, good luck.

Where is the like button when you need it ? My sentiments exactly. :thumbup:

Claden it is on the ga rate. Speak to your union rep as it is printed in black and white in there pack they have. Why would they base it on a false figure.You have already been compensated for steeping down from Team Leader last year. Its now just greed from you guys. Pathetic yet comical.

nightsboy

Quote from: Morris999 on 06-02-16, 09:37PM
Quote from: nightsboy on 06-02-16, 07:39PM
nothing greedy about seeking out everything you are entitled to from a company that I have been with from the start like yourself, if u never had the balls to work your way up the ladder, and not get a payout yourself, then that's my fault is it??????good day sir!!!

I have to ask, how old are you actually?
If you've been with the company from the start how was it working with good old jack in 1919 on the market stalls?
Or was it in the first shop that opened in 1929?
Are you the oldest person in the uk? If so hello Gladys, clearly Tesco's pensions performance over the past 90 odd years hasn't been kind to you😊
no I was humouring someone who had wrote the same actually!!u know, sense of humour or SOH depending how old u r u may not get it!i am 40 if u must know, and was f***** over last year and now this year too, so yes I bloody well am gonna try and get everything out of this sh**** company while I can

nightsboy

Quote from: Duracell on 06-02-16, 09:27PM
If you are currently being compensated for previous losses, shouldn't that compensation be taken into account in the current compensation calculation, otherwise your previous loss will be compounded by the new loss, and because of this not compensated as agreed.
been thinking about what u meant, and yes in May we received a lump sum payment to cover 2 years salary at team leader rate, so for 26 pay packets(13 each year) we could divide the lump sum by 26, add it to our monthly take home and still be receiving what we would have been as team leader. With this new loss, we will not be taking home what we would have been so yes u r totally correct, not being compensated as agreed!!good thinking!!!

BANDERSNATCH

Great , now we are getting somewhere . The financial support package is based on how staff are IMPACTED by the changes to premiums etc . Clearly your T L pay is not impacted because as you say , you are in effect still being paid as a T L due to your step down payment . Therefore the only impact on you would be any loss of pay due to premium changes based on your working patterns as a GA . Sorry we got a bit tetchy there but I'm glad the penny dropped. :thumbup:

nightsboy

Oh no my friend, I now feel I am even more affected because the terms of my two years lump sum is now being affected by this further cut, meaning they owe me in my eyes lol

BANDERSNATCH

I wish you well with it but I can't get my head around your logic however we will maybe have to agree to differ and put it down to different interpretations of the policy .

Morris999

Nightsboy, yes sense of humour!
it was intended to lighten the tread, clearly missed on yourself!

claden

Quote from: nightsboy on 07-02-16, 10:57AM
Oh no my friend, I now feel I am even more affected because the terms of my two years lump sum is now being affected by this further cut, meaning they owe me in my eyes lol
If you're contracted for Sundays at double time then you will lose money from July so they absolutely owe you money. Your 2 year payout was based on you earning x amount for 2 years now you won't be earning that.

Expressdude2016

Nightsboy I hope you get all you deserve. You clearly are the mastermind of Tesco and deserve your lump sum payment. It would be funny though if after all this thinking and moaning you get nowt. Please keep us all informed.

formerscoboy

At least nights boy you will be well versed when they cancel nights next year and make all night managers redundant as well as staff. Good luck to you.

nightsboy

Your parents must be so proud of u..........

Night Owl

I am sceptical, of T's move to reduce night premiums along with reducing overtime and double time payments for long serving colleagues. If the intention is to scrap night fill in a large majority of stores in the not too distant future then any redundancy offers would also be greatly reduced by the reduction in premiums.
Also the latest pay settlement states that in future night premium will only increase in line with market conditions. How many night jobs are advertised at the moment with little if any extra pay for working nights?
I also know our group has several unfilled night team manager vacancies. Perhaps if DL and MD tried a few months on nights they would realise why these vacancies are difficult to fill. In my store day managers always leave on time, if they do any extra hours they always take it back as tl. We night managers are expected to do around 2 hours per shift extra unpaid and if we complain are reminded our contract states 36 is the minimum we are expected to work.
>:( >:( >:(

Equalizer87

Night Owl

I wouldn't do the two extra hours per shift. If days don't do it then I wouldn't either. If they want to kick off about it, then put in a claim of discrimination  against night workers.

If the contract states it's 36 hours minimum then state this should also be the case with the day managers. Any kind of discrimination  is unlawful and can constitute a breach of trust in your employer.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Morris999

It would be hard to prove.
I know in every store I've worked in all managers work more than the minimum 36 hours without even realising it most of the time.
7.5 hours 5 days a week comes to 37.5 hours, you will be hard pressed to find a store where the managers all take there early day.
you would also have to prove that all the day managers are not completing their job roles within the 36 hour minimum working week and they are not all green performers.
Some of the job role packs are quite specific and if the manager is doing everything in it regardless of what you think they should be doing on there department or what state the store is in then again you'd be hard pressed to prove that your being discriminated against on those grounds.

Equalizer87

Simply, do the 7.5 hour shift you are meant to do. Go home and that is that. If they are saying you have to do more hours just because you are NIGHT STAFF, that's pretty easy to prove.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Morris999

It's not as simple as doing a 7.5 hour shift then going home!
If you a CA or T/L then yes go home!
A managers contract and terms and conditions are different!
You are paid a salary for the job you do, which is a minimum of 36 hours per week!
It's nothing to do with days vs night managers.
in his store the day managers might be able to complete their job roles in 36 hours, where as the night managers may not for a variety of reasons!
Maybe the day managers are also unable to complete their job roles in 36 hours but couldn't give a s*** and maybe they aren't green performers because of it!
we have 2 managers in my current store who every day without exception go bang on time every day.
Ones department is spot on never any issues the other is always a shambles, one gets a green review the other is amber and moans every day about it, but do they stay 1 minute extra to turn it round, not a chance.

If the night managers have completed their role in the morning then go home on time, there's nothing they can do about it, however if they haven't then yes they would be expected to sort it out!
It's as simple as that for all managers!

anais

Does anybody know if the managers are affected by double time on Sunday ?

Equalizer87

Is that the same T&C's that get used on GA'S who work late and get told they have to stay till the job is finished with no extra pay???

If your willing to let Tesco roll over you and not stand up for yourself in regards to working practices, then stick to it. If not and you believe it's wrong that day managers can walk out at their leisure and nights have to "stay till it's finished", fight it.

Night Owl

Main problem is our lead trade manager. He insists the moment of certainty rests with the night to days handover at 7am. So we are told this that and the other are not done, due to sick calls, checkout calls etc at 10pm. But come 7am and the morning handover, we are expected to handover a store that is 100%, regardless of any sick calls etc. Even when we do achieve our lead trade manager looks to find fault, labels not exactly to the left, clip strips, cleaning etc. Not that they are ever 100% at 10pm.
Days and night managers are a mix of blue, green and amber performers. Lead day trade manager just pulls rank and regularly hands over on his late nights unfinished tasks, like fresh and grocery split not complete.
Seriously thinking of a day role after 15 years on nights, just to get a normal work life balance again. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk