News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:46PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 296
Total: 300

Questions for distribution

Started by grim up north, 20-03-24, 07:39PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last hurrah

Quote from: Nightproduceworker on 27-03-24, 08:19PMwhat about picking and stacking of cages? How many does it take to load 64 cages for double decker. I know it's done on speed, why the cages come packed and absolute mess, which yes can be due to loading onto the lorry and travelling in the lorry. How many hours contracted to staff work to pick these cages?
It's difficult to say really. Fresh is picked very differently to packaged:

Packaged (grocery, non food, bed etc) is all picked by store. One colleague takes cages on a LLOP and drives up and down lanes of pallets picking into those cages what they are told to pick. One cage will only be picked by one person, and the time will wholly depend on what product they are picking. H&B will take a long time, crisps or toilet roll very little time.

In Fresh cages are laid out in a big u-shape where each store has its own 'lane'. Pickers there will walk around that layout with a pallet picking stock from their pallet into a cage. That means a cage of yoghurts or ready meals could have 50-100 different people pick into it (which is why fresh cage fill and stacking will be worse than you should see from grocery - it's very very difficult to pin down who is poorly stacking).

On average, a site will do 200,000 cases per day at a pick rate of 175 cases per hour which means they would use somewhere around 1,150 hours to pick it.

If I had to take a rough guess at the time to pick all of the stock for that 64 cages, I'd say somewhere around 9-10 hours total.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk