News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-03-24, 11:10AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 37,969
  • Total Topics: 622
  • Online today: 117
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

The Hub

Started by beentheredoneit, 13-08-19, 04:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucgeo

Dear god, could that be any more ambiguous  8-)

Is he on the backdoor, or does he deal with sending stock back, either by courier or Tesco delivery van driver, such as high value, plastic wrapped cages. He must do something that requires a signature, doing his job.
Get him to speak to a rep for guidance, or if not in union, a fellow colleague with a bit of nowse about them. Ask for time before the meeting, to view any footage they have, so as to prepare for the meeting.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

johnnybravo

That's the thing, he doesn't remember having to verify signatures in his job. He's a shop floor worker but does help dotcom and the tills when asked. The only time when he remembers dealing with signatures is sometimes when people use credit cards and they have to sign the receipts. No handling valuables or something like this...
That's so unfair to treat people like this, especially the ones who are proudly doing their job properly. He has colleagues which constantly cheat when taking breaks and going for fags alot etc and no one bothers them. Also there is a shoplifter's heaven there, the camera people never catch them out.
Thanks.

lackofinterest

too busy watching staff to worry about shoplifters!!

King1999

The hub.....so what's it doing to stop shoplifters not heard anything.....the fact that you can't touch them anymore says it all.Carry on nicking, we will just persecute staff trying to do the jobs of 5 or 6 people.Stinks just like 100% of everything they do now.

whatajoke2019

What was he meant to have signed for but 'apparently' didn't?

lucgeo

I think if it's coming from "the hub" it's possibly a routine, rather than a credit card signature, which is rare, when was the last time he had one off them, and even then I'd imagine it would be a store issue, rather than a hub surveillance.

It may be something as simple as signing, or getting a receipt signed, for a staff purchase. It's an uneccesary worrying time for him, with all the cloak and dagger involved, I would suggest he prepares himself, and gets a rep arranged, then take it from there. But my advice would be he asks to see any footage they have, prior to the meeting taking place.

whatajoke2019

My understanding with The Hub is high risk/high value areas automatically detect a presence and record said person/people within that area until they leave again.

Then said footage is reviewed and the SM is emailed a copy of the video, along with the 'allegation' of why it needs to be investigated.

Assuming it's something as simple as not signing a receipt for a colleague purchase then it feels somewhat draconian; I imagine there are a fair few times when people have forgotten but it doesn't mean they are walking out the door without paying.

Theodore

Cashiers have had hub interviews about not checking signatures properly when taking card payments. He'll get a warning and be told to be more careful in future.  I doubt it was a one off.

Nomad

Are there still those who make card payments requiring a signature ?  I thought it was £30 or under swipe if over enter PIN.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

whatajoke2019

Nomad if you have a valid medical reason as to why you can use Chip & PIN you're able to get a swipe & signature card from your bank or building society; I imagine some foreign credit and debit cards also revert to a signature when used for payments over here in the U.K and Ireland.

There's also the possibility to sign for your transaction if the PIN terminal fails to read the chip three times but I don't know if that's longer the case.

Splat

Yes, tends to be foreign cards. The problem with that is that most people don't bother to sign their cards either so it's difficult to verify!!

Welshie

Most fuel cars still require a signature.

Redshoes

All speculation just now but I have heard of managers getting into trouble via the hub over waste prints. Waste needs to be seen and signed for before it goes in the waste cage.

Nomad

Thank you gentlemen for enlightening me Re: signatures.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

lucgeo

Err...Nomad, do you want to rethink that, before you get a stiletto hurtling your way  8-)

[admin]My bad, ladies & gentlemen. :-[[/admin]

whatajoke2019

It's true in terms of waste being visibly verified by a manager and checked off in front of the camera before being thrown away.

Given the smell of some of the waste cages you'd have to be pretty damn determined to dig through that to find stuff you've nicked to take home at the end of the shift!  ???

Fuel cards requiring a signature reminds me of my PFS days, long before Chip&PIN became the 'norm'; we had a spate of finding e Top Up cards in our 24 hour pumps-couldn't work out why until I tried one one day and it turned out to be skimmed fuel cards that had been copied across  :thumbdown:

Rumblerumble

Is the hub being installed in the PFS
Our.PFS staff have run of the mill, sit on till, eat sweets, drink coffee and play on their phones

alf

The audicity.

Siwel123

to be honest I don't see the problem in them doing that if all jobs are completed and there's no customers.  After about 7.30 our pfs is pretty dead so I don't begrudge them chilling out once they've started the cleaning routines.

forrestgimp

Quote from: Rumblerumble on 24-09-19, 09:23PM
Is the hub being installed in the PFS
Our.PFS staff have run of the mill, sit on till, eat sweets, drink coffee and play on their phones

It didnt go into ours and there are no plans to put it in.

Jobless

Quote from: King1999 on 19-09-19, 10:41PM
The hub.....so what's it doing to stop shoplifters not heard anything.....the fact that you can't touch them anymore says it all.Carry on nicking, we will just persecute staff trying to do the jobs of 5 or 6 people.Stinks just like 100% of everything they do now.

True!

BinnieBob

Anyone know how the hub identifies people by name and knows their login numbers for checkouts?  Seems odd to me.

Redshoes

They don't need to know your name. They can just identify a time and date where a transaction is over/short. Might have pictures of people but I gather it's close up of hands and till drawers at checkouts. This will tie in with stores overs/shorts normal tracking. This is probably where the name is highlighted. Stores investigate and track anything +/- £10 anyway, this is not new, they always have done. The new part might be CCTV verification. Some stores look at CCTV anyway, mostly its done for high value or simply strange. Can see if colleague victim of scam too so can be used identify customer deliberate scams but again this is not new. So, the tills identify a till short to an individual transaction, the hub don't need to know people's names but the information they pass to store will enable stores to know who it is.

BinnieBob

Just had an investigation myself, they read the statement from the hub, which gave my log in number which then was linked to my name. I asked how they would know that, and was just told it's very clever. (Which I took to mean they don't know). It wasn't related to a till short, or anything else to do with working on checkouts.

forrestgimp

They obviously have access to the back end system and can find out from the time and date what your login number is and its a short step to getting your name from that. As for the close up of your hands and till draw....... Afraid not it shows everything including the items being put on the belt.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk