News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-03-24, 07:37AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 37,969
  • Total Topics: 622
  • Online today: 90
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 79
Total: 82

DotCom Shift Change Trials

Started by helpme, 16-06-19, 05:29PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tambrath

If any thing like the last pay review they gave with one hand then took with the other . Market supplement went down in my store . But still pile on the work . It's getting to a point the van are falling to bits dirty inside not enough time to clean them morale at a all time low . But the managers walk around in rose tinted glasses 

willie2018

don't forget they wont even supply things to clean your van if you have the time to do it in my store the vans everyday now have more trays than they can hold in the ambient

rogerthedodger

Will be 50/50 I guess some will love it others won't, but less headcount uniform etc has to be a bonus for the company

NightAndDay

There's a point where less headcount will directly effect revenues in a negative way, if the new system and remuneration package in place isn't an attractive enough proposition to attract or retain employees, then the company will have to rely on using their existing resources for overtime, it will get to a certain point where the operational integrity will be compromised leading to the inability to service the customer, which will lead to the customer looking at competitors (Sainsburies, Amazon, Ocado) for the service depriving Tesco of that revenue stream. This will lead toTesco doing one of 2 things, paying competitive rates and offering better conditions or withdrawing from that section of the business to "go back to basics".

rogerthedodger

All anybody's talking about in my store! Imagine something has to be said soon

rogerthedodger

Other bizarre situation is you can't finish at 10pm and start 9am but can do a 9am to 10pm shift????

fatboy

Find it very strange that no one has posted any further details on this subject. If there's people out there doing these new shifts/hours you'd have thought there would have been more facts posted.

driverdave

From Our Tesco

Dot Com Drivers – Update from Meeting 1
It has been highlighted to the project team that the Summary from Collective Consultation Meeting 1
only included information on the rolling rota for the Customer Delivery Driver rota pilot, and did not
include information on the second option of a fixed shift pattern. To clarify, there are two rotas
available to colleagues – a rolling, 4 days a week, 44 hours per week rota, and an alternative rota that is
able to accommodate colleagues on a part-time basis all the way up to 44 hours, working set
shifts/days per week.
N.B. This is an update only and was not part of the discussion during the collective consultation meeting on the 20th August 2019.

blueberet

Quote from: rogerthedodger on 06-09-19, 01:27PM
Other bizarre situation is you can't finish at 10pm and start 9am but can do a 9am to 10pm shift????
It's to do with duty time exceeding 11hours in a 24 hour period, i.e 6pm to 10pm = 4 hours, 9am to 1.15pm = 4.25 hours 2.15pm to 5pm = 2.75 hours and that's your 11 hours so the 5pm to 6pm part of your shift is illegal before resetting at 6pm.

The 9am to 10 am is fine since 13 hours - 2hours for breaks = 11hours with the 24 hour period resetting at 9am the next day. 

VladPutin

Quote from: NightAndDay on 04-09-19, 02:08PM
There's a point where less headcount will directly effect revenues in a negative way, if the new system and remuneration package in place isn't an attractive enough proposition to attract or retain employees, then the company will have to rely on using their existing resources for overtime, it will get to a certain point where the operational integrity will be compromised leading to the inability to service the customer, which will lead to the customer looking at competitors (Sainsburies, Amazon, Ocado) for the service depriving Tesco of that revenue stream. This will lead toTesco doing one of 2 things, paying competitive rates and offering better conditions or withdrawing from that section of the business to "go back to basics".

Dot Com are a waste of time, space and money. With any luck, even the morons at head office will finally understand that and shut it down completely.

Tambrath

Dot com is run by Morons  from the top down.  Tesco like to get there pound of flesh rather then being open about there plans.  Christmas round the corner so only going to get worse.

cddriver

Quote from: driverdave on 06-09-19, 10:10PM
From Our Tesco

Dot Com Drivers – Update from Meeting 1
It has been highlighted to the project team that the Summary from Collective Consultation Meeting 1
only included information on the rolling rota for the Customer Delivery Driver rota pilot, and did not
include information on the second option of a fixed shift pattern. To clarify, there are two rotas
available to colleagues – a rolling, 4 days a week, 44 hours per week rota, and an alternative rota that is
able to accommodate colleagues on a part-time basis all the way up to 44 hours, working set
shifts/days per week.
N.B. This is an update only and was not part of the discussion during the collective consultation meeting on the 20th August 2019.
Can't find this, can you link it please?

I take it that's the first official confirmation unless I missed something.

driverdave

https://www.ourtesco.com/people-changes/stores/latest-updates-2/

Brings up a page where you can download the details of several collective consultation meetings.

cddriver

rogerthedodger

Going mental in my store, all anyone is talking about.  Lots of confusion and upset people.

Madgerry

Anything further on this ? How's it going in the pilot stores ?

Villager No.6

Starts on 1st October but resentment toward 8-8 rolling shift colleagues by 9-10 ones has already started at my friend's store. The 9-10 think they're going to be doing more than the rolling shift.
8-8 are to go out twice a day in two 5 1/2hr waves, 8-1.30, 2.30-8 and obviously max weight of 860kg means in all likelihood max 17-18 drops/wave as now on a morning 4hr and afternoon 5hr shift.
9-10 go out three times so possible 15-16 drops in wave one, 9-1, 4hrs, 12 drops in wave two, 2-5, 3hrs and another 15-16 drops in wave three, 6-10, 4hrs.
Time will tell if it is this way.

Denbis

If this is a pilot starting on Oct 1st in these 4 stores, anyone know how long the pilot is for. Month, 3 months or more?

fatboy

The pilot in the 4 stores started ages ago. Dont know where the Oct 1st date has come from.

Villager No.6

Fatboy. My friend's store is one of the four Pilot Stores and they're starting the new hours on 1st October.  It couldn't start any earlier because of the notice period requirement for contract changes and redundancy notice.

gomezz

I have seen someone mention that the new shift system is not intended for stores only running a few vans eg six.  Anyone know anything about this?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

fatboy

Not personally heard this but it would make sense. Would also be interesting to know how many Van's the pilot stores are running.

Villager No.6

Friend's store has 16 vans that go out in two waves of 8.

Villager No.6

Well 2nd day in and just heard from my friend that the drop numbers guessed at in post 141 are true.
9-10 shift drivers aggrieved that they are doing at least 10 more drops/day than the 8-8s.
8-8s are getting 16-17 first wave and 16-17 second wave so max of 34.
9-10s getting 15-16 first wave, 10-13 second wave and 15-16 third wave so max of 45.
A few 9-10s already saying they're knackered and one saying they're going as soon as they get another job.
Cover for holidays and sickness supposedly coming from drivers doing overtime, some 8-8s happy to do it, no 9-10s are.
There's a board up in the staff area asking if any existing colleagues have "Ever thought of becoming a Customer Delivery Driver?" They're looking for existing colleagues to multi skill for O/T and earn an extra 68p/hr skills payment.
Shame they made so many skilled drivers redundant recently, they could've done that........

fatboy

Surely having such long driving shifts will lead to fatigue and risk more accidents as the drivers will be knackered after a few 12/13hr shifts at the wheel.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk