News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:39PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 296
Total: 300

Vision Express

Started by solarish, 11-07-18, 03:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarish

I work in tesco staff restaurant and I was TUPE over which was bad enough but now I find tesco staff are getting Vision Express big discount voucher which I dont receive now but on my badge it says Tesco Elior and as Elior pay my wages I dont qualify now.  I have got my glasses from Tesco for many years but needless to say I will be going elsewhere

solarish

rest of message

for many years needless to say I will not be getting my new ones from Vision Express

his scots tie

The vouchers for vision express are transferable and 2 vouchers in each book.  Can you not get one off a Tesco staff member.  Still wrong not to give you a booklet though.

Duracell

Quote from: solarish on 11-07-18, 03:16PMI work in tesco staff restaurant and I was TUPE over which was bad enough but now I find tesco staff are getting Vision Express big discount voucher which I dont receive now but on my badge it says Tesco Elior and as Elior pay my wages I dont qualify now.  I have got my glasses from Tesco for many years but needless to say I will be going elsewhere

Yes as said ^, do you have a family member working for T, voucher is extended to family also.  How long is the voucher valid for.. haven’t actually seen one YET.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Cara

I have tried to compare the cost of Vision Express v Specsavers (variable focals). It’s not easy, but I would check out other opticians offers to see if it is as good a deal as it sounds, especially if you want 2 pairs. I am not convinced it is.

his scots tie

Think vouchers are valid till end of year

Disappointed 64

Vouchers valid to December 2 vouchers per book free eye test plus half price glasses or sunglasses

JL

Duracell

Really! I thought the full price 2 months ago was a rip off, but half price may compete with what my usual prescription with T would be less 10%. Obviously dependant on what extras the voucher covers IF any.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

brucie

vision express definately rip off. my 2 pairs varifocals 1 reactolites 1 sun-glass £650, specsavers £350 Asda £228. so if you had 50% off your still paying over £100 more than asda.

Mark calloway

I agree,they are still too expensive. I get mine from Specsavers.

Mystic topaz

Definite rip off ,just having 1 pair re-glazed  £114 varifocal £75 adaptive in the sun £50 re-glazing charge =£239 elior gave me £30 voucher I also have privilege card for life and vision express wouldn't let me have Tesco vouchers.

londoner83

Unfortunately as you no longer work for Tesco you no longer qualify for Tesco staff benefits. Being TUPE'd really isn't great.

JL

Quote from: brucie on 11-07-18, 10:04PMvision express definitely rip off. my 2 pairs varifocals 1 reactolites 1 sun-glass £650, specsavers £350 Asda £228. so if you had 50% off your still paying over £100 more than asda.
??? :D

Nomad

Not sure where they spend their revenue as Vision Express are poorly equipped for those in wheelchairs.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Biglove

Do we get discount and or free eye tests with vision express at Tesco?

Preacherpauly

Are eye tests still free for tesco staff?

gytha_ogg

Yes, and 50% off the total cost.

Villager No.6

Are you sure about the 50% off? I had an eye test this morning, which was free, and have just paid £194 for frame and lenses which was full price. Was in full uniform, before I paid with my debit card I went to use my colleague card (for the points) and was told it wasn’t accepted as they’re a concession not Tesco.
Have I been “robbed”?

barafear

Maybe they thought you wanted points?

anyway - I followed the link someone posted and it takes you to a page on ourtesco where you can print off various vouchers incl 50% glasses.
Must be presented along with colleague card at time of purchase.

gomezz

I tried Vision Express once with the discount and it was the worst experience of getting new glasses ever.  The prescription was slightly off and the frame choice was awful and the pair I picked broke soon after I got them.  Went back to using a local independent.  Costs more but eyes are too important to skimp on.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Welshie

When it was Tesco opticians , my Dad had the worst glasses ever and within a month he had been back several times and ended up with a full refund and giving glasses back . Stick with specsavers , always get great glasses and service there .

lucgeo

Vision Express, regular feedback from colleagues being, twice the price, half the quality and bad customer service.

I tend to use the local independent opticians. May be slightly more than specsavers etc...but it keeps locals in work, and it's not like being herded around like sheep.

My one and only time I went to a big optician outlet, I waited in a queue to be seen, waited for assistance on choice, was offered every option under the sun, including having my hearing tested, which I thought I needed when they gave me the total price, after all the little extras were added on!! NEVER AGAIN!!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Redshoes

When it was Tesco opticians it was the best service and price. It all depends on the optician you see, not the company they work for.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk