News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:04PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 284
Total: 287

ASDA

Started by Twinkeltoes1, 13-06-14, 03:45PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twinkeltoes1

Asda has revealed its plans to trial a new format that will focus on specific categories and reduce space for bigger items that sell well online.
Focus on key categories

The format initiative will be trialled at the end of the year in Colney, Coventry and Grantham. The trial will see the removal of white goods and electrical items in favour of additional space for growth categories such as fresh food, homeware, health and baby. The average size of the three trial stores will be 50,000 sq ft.
Multichannel remains priority

Asda's CEO, Andy Clarke, has said to The Yorkshire Post that there is potential to renew the estate if the trial is a success. 'We are reviewing our large store portfolio and are trialling a new proposition that will land by the end of the year. We'll open three store in the last quarter of this year.

There are clear areas of the business which are switching to online, such as white goods and electricals. We are leading on 'Click & Collect' whether it's from a locker or a van. We are changing the space in stores.

The new proposition stores have to combine the relationship between digital and physical. If it works we'll renew our estate based on these proposition stores. They are the stores of the future.'
George to retain strong store presence

Regarding the store's popular George clothing range, this will continue to have a strong presence in store as shoppers continue to prefer trying clothes on in store before buying. However, it seems clothing will not be merchandised at the front of the store but fresh food as the retailer puts more emphasis on initiatives such as Price Lock and its fresh credentials

happyreturns

Surely as this site is called VLH we should be concerned with matters associated with Tesco rather than Asda,would you not think,maybe your post should be on the Asda site that has just been set up.

tl_ffsc

HR - Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, always good to keep an eye on what the competitors are doing.

jonty

Agree with at TL. Its important to know what 'they' are initiating next as if it works the others tend to replicate.

Mr Grumpy

Always good to read Twinkeltoes1 what the other supermarkets are doing  :thumbup:

Twinkeltoes1

Thank you.HR don't like what other supermarkets are doing in case its better than Tesco, get a life man there is more to life than Tesco.

happyreturns

Not so Twinkletoes1 To be honest I am not particularly interested in Asda not a place I have ever visited, not a place I am ever likely to visit, regardless of their offer, so as I say not of any interest to me.
My point was I thought that VLH was to do with Tesco  what others are up to is not of interest to this site,or so I am lead to believe,  although I am happy to read anything about any of the others,it will  never change my view or shopping habits so, as I say no problem for me.

Faceandgo

i must have been off that day we made hr an admin  ;D

Although this is primarily for Tesco matters, what happens in the industry as a whole may be of interest to our members.
take two cages onto the shop floor? not me i just faceandgo!(Administrator)

Time is too slow for those who wait
Too swift for those who fear
Too long for those who grieve  Too short for those who rejoice  But for those who love, Time is eternity.   -Henry Van Dyke

penguin

I have family in Grantham so visit the store there from time to time, it will be interesting to see the new format and how it compares to some of the new Tesco large stores.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

happyreturns

Quote from: Faceandgo on 13-06-14, 08:02PM
i must have been off that day we made hr an admin  ;D

Now that would certainly be something Faceandgo, wouldn't it.

Twinkeltoes1

Well can I suggest that you visit ASDA, the prices are cheaper and I can honestly say quite a lot of their fresh items are of much better quality, I shop there as its cheaper than Tesco, even with my staff discount.

happyreturns

There is not  a chance in hell that I would ever set foot in an Asda Twinkletoes1 not a chance in hell.

tumshie

I guess you'll just have to believe Twinkeltoes' assessment of it, then.

SensibleSid

HR
You really are "Tesco through & through". Unfortunately you cannot validly judge something as "best", or indeed, as "good" if you do not have something to compare the sample to.
Your myopic view of Tesco is rendered near valueless by your lack of knowledge of what modern supermarkets offer their customers.
If many of the current senior staff and directors of Tesco lack as much industry knowledge as you, it truly explains a lot.

Undoubtedly you will now fire off a salvo of poorly spelled and near incomprehensible postings justifying your admirable support for your ex-employer.
I speak only for myself in saying that you frequently prove what my grandmother used to say. "Empty vessels make the most noise".

What Asda do with a new concept will impact on what Tesco do, or will prove how clever Tesco are by doing something differently.

Blondie1981

I have been lurking around this site for months now.......regularly reading HR's posts......And I really don't understand why you all take him seriously....please, please  "Please do not feed the troll."

If you take a cold hard look at some of the nonsense he posts it will be clear he is nothing more than a wind-up merchant.

Doubtless he will post a smart reply to this....I for my part will not rise to the bait... "Please do not feed the troll."

troll-hunter

Personally I think HR occasionally comes out with some genuinely good stuff and if nothing else the remainder gives use an insight into the T* mindset

Nightmare

Well we're re-fitting in the near future, allegedly(!) & we have it on good authority that our non-food range will be limited by comparison featuring ranges (eg crockery) delightfully displayed with something to say it's available in 'these colours' & 'these patterns' if you'd like to order online here or at home in multiple ways. Staff are to be trained to encourage customers to the direct desk/onscreen catalogue, no longer will we feature 'a bit of everything'.

It seems a nudge towards ordering online. I'm sure it will be marketed as 'customer driven choice' rather than 'no other choice'  8-)

It sounds a good way to keep up with the times & reduce capital sitting around in stock but not so good for the shelf-fillers & stock controllers   :(

mikeyj

Hello,

Argos anyone........?

Babylon5 :-*

SensibleSid

troll-hunter

Oddly enough I agree with you. Unfortunately the other 90% is unintelligible  drivel.

rayinski

To me, it sounds like Asda are trying out the Tesco Homeplus formula that we have, ok we only have around twelve of them dotted accross the country, but maybe they can see how to make it more sucessfull than us?

haventgotaclue

Quote from: happyreturns on 13-06-14, 03:50PM
Surely as this site is called VLH we should be concerned with matters associated with Tesco rather than Asda,would you not think,maybe your post should be on the Asda site that has just been set up.

Tesco will follow infact they're already reducing down TV mods....if one of the big 3 do something the others will soon follow

wheelspin

All I can say about ASDA is their value range closely resembles dog food. .   Not fit for human consumption.

notsofunny

Hey we are a nation of dog lovers,

And im sure if any dog had made a complaint they would have changed it >:D

troll-hunter

I went into the local Asda yesterday morning and there were guys going through the tills with trolley loads of beer and I don't mean one or two cases I mean full deep-trolley fulls. I have never seen that in the local Tesco though the latter does apparently sell a lot of beer. The Lidl across the road from the Asda had Merc's, an newish Audi 4x4 and several other newish cars in the car park. They were customer's cars, I stopped to watch to see who got into them and the drivers came out with shopping.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk