Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:12AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 286
Total: 290

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfo

Just had email from head office which gives an illustration  fairly similar to my situation in terms of overtime, hours etc. Did you know ?- and this is clever; they look at the overtime you did in 16/17, then assume you will do the same overtime in the year following November 18. They then use that figure to determine how much better off you'll be after November 2018. So effectively they are using the pay rise on hours you may or may not work to determine if you are due a payout.

By the illustration I was sent - by their own figures the pay rise over 2 years is 4.3%.

I've asked that the posters crowing about a 10.57% be taken down in my CFC because I find them extremely offensive.

sfo

Breaking news from Our Tesco weekly bulletin --- WMTY starts on Tuesday - I would urge all colleagues to form an orderly queue.

mexicopete

@sfo...let the massacre commence. ;) ;) ;)
The worlds me lobster

sfo

JL

Quote from: sfo on 13-07-18, 07:53PM
Breaking news from Our Tesco weekly bulletin --- WMTY starts on Tuesday - I would urge all colleagues to form an orderly queue.

Yippee.  :)

Our TM must be looking for a good WMTY he has been trying to butter us up recently.

We might be great but he's an arse

lordadmiral

Yeap again 80% people giving negative feedback and results -95% positive as everyone is very happy from pay cut.

dotnochance

Was told yesterday that all contracted  Sunday staff will be paid time and a half till November now?is this true?

lucgeo

Quote from: sfo on 13-07-18, 07:15PM
Just had email from head office which gives an illustration  fairly similar to my situation in terms of overtime, hours etc. Did you know ?- and this is clever; they look at the overtime you did in 16/17, then assume you will do the same overtime in the year following November 18. They then use that figure to determine how much better off you'll be after November 2018. So effectively they are using the pay rise on hours you may or may not work to determine if you are due a payout.

By the illustration I was sent - by their own figures the pay rise over 2 years is 4.3%.

I've asked that the posters crowing about a 10.57% be taken down in my CFC because I find them extremely offensive.

So their calculations are based on predictive, not definite earnings? Then they are comparing it to a predictive and not definite pay raise calculation of 10.5% which in itself, included a discount on predictive shopping. So it's all assumption and surmising, and no concrete figures?? Doesn't their own handbook state that overtime should never be relied on??

Didn't the government recently stop the service workers (waiters etc..) from being taxed on tips, as it was deemed unjust to tax them on an assumed income??

I would love to fill my trolley with a grands worth of goods and tell em to take it out of my discount, that they predicted I'd get  ;)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Loki

Quote from: Mcardle1982 on 14-07-18, 06:25AM
Was told yesterday that all contracted  Sunday staff will be paid time and a half till November now?is this true?

No official communication on that at all. The 2 year "pay deal" has already been set out.

Who on earth told you that?
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

dotnochance

Store manager, but I also asked my manager and he said it's definitely not true, I'm I'm treating it as not true till I hear more

sfo

Quote from: Mcardle1982 on 14-07-18, 06:25AM
If it's anything like my store - the managers don't know anything about this pay deal and will say anything to get you to shut up and sign the new contract. My manager said I'd get a payment to make up the difference in October! he was obviously flustered after i'd just mentioned constructive dismissal  ;D

lucgeo

Ptobably got mixed up with managers/SMS pay deals....the managers are getting a cushion payment and seem to recall one telling me their Sunday pay rate stays till later in year??
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

his scots tie

23rd September managers lose their premiums, with payout in October.  One rule for one, one rule for another.

Millie

Quote from: mexicopete on 13-07-18, 07:59PM
@sfo...let the massacre commence. ;) ;) ;)
sadly we are in the 3% minority with a pay cut .The 97% of staff that have received a nice pay rise will give a good WMTY. I will still have my say though . Have always kept reasonably quiet over the years but not now . Enough is enough 😡

Paulie

3% minority is way off,  if you at a store with 300 employees only 9 would be worse off. In my department alone, its close to 30/40% are worse off.

Millie

Yes you are right. My percentages are way out !!! 😔

Pedroximenez

Are the managers getting a 'buy out' or a cushion payment? The whole two year pay rise/ premium reduction seems to have been done to confuse the masses. As I see it EVERY Sunday worker will on paper receive  LESS of a pay rise than their non Sunday working colleagues. The 3% who received cushion payments are on paper receiving NO pay rise as the cushion payment is to ensure they are no worse off than before the pay rises began ( hourly rate of £7.62 and time and a half on Sundays) The cushion payment in effect brings you just above that and no more. I accept sadly  that the premiums are on their way out, it's a sign of the times however I wish to see Sunday workers fairly bought out of their contracted premium payments as we were last time and for all workers to enjoy the pay rises equally .The system used this time is unjust and unfair, people in the 3% boat must feel worthless and under valued ( quite literally)

yelsel

Signed up for Leigh and day x the sun premium loss and managers getting cushion payment is the last straw had enough now

yelsel

JL

monsterandmadman

Quote from: trolleyboy96 on 13-07-18, 08:17AM
Why harass your manager??? What can they do? Your store manager maybe, wmty yep, but your I'm assuming in this case team manager can't do a thing about it.

I work in express. I have one manager, other than that, it's then the area manager above him, whom has actually just moved on lol

madness

Quote from: GreenGrocer on 14-07-18, 08:51PM
Aldi here I come.

Lol if you can't hack Tesco you certainly won't hack Lidl or Aldi.

claden

After 16+ years I've decided to move on in some ways I'm quite sad as I've met some really good people. But as a company Tesco are going from bad to worse and this pay cut with no compensation is a disgrace.

JL

There is good people above and below TM and Lead Manager. One or 2 rungs up from GA are usually just clueless ar**h*les who couldn't run a bath.

[admin]I do believe we have all now grasped your opinion of some MM etc, it is becoming boring to read it in so many of your posts. Nomad[/admin]

T.C.1

I am sure when Dave Lewis took over there was some project name to break the backbone of loyal long service staff and replace them with fresh faced kids who cost Tesco a lot less and can make them jump through every hoop!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk