News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:33AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 293
Total: 295

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkles76

What's not happening m360? Management redundancy or the switch for team managers to shift leaders?

fatboy

M360. Are you aware of any upcoming changes to dotcom? Thanks

StinkyPoo

The question is when will people in store actually be informed there are changes occurring?

Mickymouse1962

M360  what is going on with security was told today they dont have hours so will be replacing with agency

King1999

They are probably going to wait for brexit to hit before anymore big changes,they will just have to watch Aldi and Lidl go from strength to strength......envy the green eyed monster I said years ago in a managers meeting we need to take a note of what they are doing everyone in the room said no we don't.Typical arrogance,lost too many friends because of that attitude the grind, continues lets hope we all get what we want in the future.

King1999

Don't get either why experience matters all of a sudden,stock control and merchandising hasn't been right since last May too keen for a short term fix.Pisses me off,pay your experienced staff more they are more than worth it.👍and somebody admit they were wrong.Yeah right.

Dougall

M360 has provided a sound insight into future changes and does so in way that does not offend people with generalisations and opinions just because they no longer work in this sector. M360 does not also elaborate on themselves to the extent that like some do they sit from a position of "armchair critic " and "I know best " which currently gets posted on here .

Monkeyman

Mickeymouse can i ask you who gave you this information about Tesco security please. I was told on Monday there has to be no changes to Tesco security guards

mike360

Sparkles76, they're pretty much the same thing. If you were going to replace a manager's role with a shift leader, you would have to offer redundancy (which the vast majority would take instead of being paid less)

Stinkypoo, unless you get asked to change your hours then you probably won't be.

Fat boy, I've listed the changes for Q1 on page 16

Mickeymouse, security hours are store specific so it will be individual to your store

King1999

A lot of people know best ......experience no short cuts to it.

Wirey2020

M360....surely stock managers will not be made to wait until after Q1???

Bonny Heather

Hi M360  Wondered if you'd have any answers for my question please.
Can Wage Clerks expect big changes this year or even redundancies ? 

mike360

Om12nv, for what?

Wirey2020

The informal move of stock managers was initiated back in September and based on the paperwork provided it was given a timeline of 6 months to find alternative suitable role...but if that doesn't happen and the six months is up.....?? The 6 months is up in February according to a previous post!! So that we'll within Q1

mike360

They'll keep asking you to move roles and offer alternative local vacancies.

Beanny

Hi m360, any information with regards to extra stores that trade 24 hours but don't have dot com reducing their trading hours to closing their doors at 12pm and opening up at 6am? This would obviously save on security and front end staff.

Mildew

The first informal meeting of food stock control managers clearly stated the likelihood of formal process after six months,  following a second informal meeting after three months.

lucgeo

M360...good to see you're back...lets hope this time people just take on board what you say, use or don't use the information you provide, without trying to call you out for proof. :thumbup:
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lucgeo

@Mildew

Are they following the agreed timescales? Did the second informal meeting take place after three months?
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

mike360

As time goes by your store manager will be under more and more pressure to find you a suitable vacancy.

I very much doubt there'll be a pay out in the next few months.

Mildew

Good luck to them enforcing a move into a vacancy on an informal basis.

NightAndDay

Dougall, there are retail consultants and SMEs that don't work in front end retail anymore, their job is to analyze data based on trends caused by a number of external factors such as Brexit, industry 4.0 and alternative business models, you underestimate the level of expertise and insight these people bring. It is extremely short sighted and foolish to not give any weight to their words of wisdom.

Long gone

In Tesco there are no words of wisdom. And to the comment about if management were made redundant it would cost billions. Getting rid of all managers and paying them off would cost no more than 10 million. Or knowing Tesco they will just start firing everyone for some ridiculous reason so they don't have to pay out

Redshoes

As you are "Long Gone" you are not in a position to say that someone else who has consistently given reliable information is wrong.
M360 has said huge cost to finishing all managers and the figures are probably right.
They also said that there are issues with retaining shift leaders and this is also correct. Just in my local area this is a huge issue. It was and is an issue in express stores and has continued to be an issue in metro.

Dougall

I give weight to their words of wisdom....just not yours

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk