News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 10:46AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 442
Total: 442

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

We have night team and dot com not been told anything yet am just call me at home to ask if my hours on availablity form were all I could do I said yes we normally start at 3 in our store

polar

Oldman, can I assume you put 3am start on your availability?

Oldman

Quote from: polar on 30-03-20, 04:51PM
Oldman, can I assume you put 3am start on your availability?
yes every day

cheesy cob

Got another meeting tomorrow trying to change my hours from what iput down
Think I want redundancy now

Delly

So can anyone tell me why no information  is forthcoming to us.  I was told by the manager that gave the first meeting to give in an availability form.  I would know by 6 April if I was at risk of redundancy,  my shop has nights no dot com.

Mennsa

Meetings should be starting on Wednesday the 1st.

Oldman

Meetings starting Easter week just goes to show it is only us bakery staff that actually care about customers during peak periods

Delly

What happens  if  you are self isolating  for 12 weeks becouse  you have asthma 

Hammer10

They could do it via Skype.

polar

All starts this week, so been told. Meetings being Thursday and Friday.

adamski26

As usual no real facts about anything and just scare mongering. You really think something going to happen thur or fri, Heading into a weekend, and with the ISB colleagues still in consultation, and everyone is in lockdown???? GET A CRIP PEOPLE

polar

Was informed by the person handling it.

jonty

Our store will be using three way calls if those in consultation want a rep present.

heyyouguys

Dolly you will be classed as under long term sick process so meeting will be held over the phone

Baker4life

I think it's a total shambles that very little info has been given to the affected bakers. Can't speak for anyone else but all I know is I have my first meeting next week and changes go into effect 1st May. That's it!!!!!! Thanks a bunch

Hammer10

I shall be making my feeling felt at my meeting at the way we have been treated.

cheesy cob

Said we can have time off to go to interviews .how we meant to get any interviews in this situation it's a joke, looks like going to be forced to change my hours so I have a joe in these unsettling times  (-*-)

lucgeo

Think long and hard...don't act on a knee jerk reaction. These redundancies are due to happen in May? There is nothing to stop you doing a trial of four weeks instore and then taking redundancy, which would take you to June.

If you can't manage on the drop in hours that are on offer, then you are going to struggle.
Is the redundancy package enough for you to have a while off to look for something more suitable.

There are still companies advertising out there, on indeed...total jobs etc..you can still have the time off for an online application or telephone interview.
There are benefits and re training packages out there.
And if no joy, you can re apply to Tesco in six months, which will be silly season!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Beanny

Surely with so many people off work self isolating and with so many managers off work that have to do the one to ones with the bakery colleagues the whole process has to be shelved for a number of months until things get back to normal. Common sense should prevail!!

lucgeo

Just read something that seems quite apt...

Those you thought you could not trust in business, now seem to be the only option. Ask yourself, what you would do if they were not an option?? You may be suprised at what you think of doing.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Gymbunny

I went bck to work in Monday  after a wks hols.
I was given a team 5 print out about the bakery changes that stated if you are to be made redundant you could defer until August 22nd and take one of the temp jobs on offer. There was a lot more in the memo, but that was the gist of it.
Was no-one else given this in the ISB?

polar

Iam job matched.... Dammit (sorry to those who need/wanted to stay) looking at reduced range it won't be long, defo a stop gap. Looks like all we make is tiger, split, sandwich, 6pk baps, hotdog, finger, 4pk bap and snack.

Samuel137

@Polar, what hours did you get job matched to? Are you still on skilled bakers rate?

polar

3am, all still the same pay wise. At the moment out of 7 only 2 left.

Delly

Polar
Do you have dot com cant remember 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk