News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 05:58PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,116
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 276
Total: 280

News articles

Started by Nomad, 21-03-18, 10:49AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/tesco-scam-warning-after-customers-14055666

So is it phishing@tesco.com as in the text quote, or phising@tesco.com as in the video ?

Sloppy workmanship  :(
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Nomad

Trouble-hit Ingleby Barwick Tesco brings in sonic alarms to disperse groups of unruly youths

After watching the video I had thoughts of self gratification and mutual back-slapping, not to mention perhaps some really early electioneering and company advertising.

I do though agree with the action(s) taken.

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

optout

Surely they are attacking the tesco staff and usdaw reps of the future with this tech.
I bet the cctv was put outside originally to catch staff smoking on the premises.
As for these officers who will be permanently on the site, as a tax payer, I would like to suggest that tesco pay for their own extra security instead.
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Spaceranger1

Quote from: Welshie on 22-03-18, 03:37AM
In Malahide I imagine it will be mostly Tesco finest sourced locally , it's a very upmarket area unless it's changed greatly since I was last there
I see that Tesco has started to stock Finest Aberdeen Angus beef (-*-) I thought that Aberdeen Angus was finest long before Tesco prefixed it.
Might turn out to be the death knell for Aberdeen Angus >:D Shame as it really is good stuff (-*-)

Welshie

Quote from: Trystan1988 on 14-04-19, 03:05PM
Thought you all may like this

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/business/tesco-boss-dave-lewis-trials-price-cuts-for-loyalty-card-members-n88cfnn5l

We were one of the trial stores for this , trial was for one week . Pos would need to be so much better as it was barely noticeable but offers were good .

Hammer10

So it's all the c**p they can't sell they are discounting.

StoreManager

Quote from: Twinkeltoes1 on 29-04-19, 06:56PM
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/sainsburys-opens-first-shop-no-2811452?fbclid=IwAR1E_A9G6syMyKnoLpry1MYTkdQXZHsBdSENhb5GuUi4q3lz6KIgnaFxrDk

Not good news for cashiers in Retail

It is about time they did something. I am fed up seeing (name deleted) laughing and talking away all shift because the SM says she can't move from checkouts. I wonder what the SM will think of this article. You could fit a small shop into the space unmanned checkouts take up in some stores. They should scrap the checkouts and create a mini cash and carry at the front with best sellers.  Back to basics stack it high sell it cheap without a large increase in man hours.

lordadmiral

his scots tie

Aye, they don't like spending money do they?

lucgeo

Yep, regular occurrence in my old store to have flower buckets in aisles, and other areas, catching the rainwater :o
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Trystan1988

QuoteTesco to launch Clubcard Plus giving customers discounts on groceries, extra mobile data and fee-free spending abroad

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/10049062/tesco-clubcard-plus-discounts/

This just says a lot in my opinion. It'll easily become a loss maker for the company

optout

I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

lordadmiral

No wonder our pay is f***ed. Customers are getting our money.

Nomad

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7576653/JANET-STREET-PORTER-Tescos-Carl-Chloe-vegan-propaganda-ad-leaves-feeling-nauseous.html

QuoteTesco (like all the other major supermarkets) will climb on any bandwagon in the name of sales. If they really cared about the planet they would have abandoned plastic wrapping decades ago, turned off all that lighting in their stores, and built eco-housing over their huge super-stores, many of which were constructed on greenfield sites.

Instead they feed us Carl and Chloe's Cumberland-style sausages. Greenwash of the highest order.

I totally agree.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

alf

Imagine getting this worked up over a sausage, it's like the greggs drama all over again.

Nomad

Her article is hardly all about a so called "sausage" (which in my opinion, and the definition found in several dictionaries, is not actually  sausage, no meat content).

We get ear ache from so many minority sections of society it gets tiresome.  The 'noise' they make is far in excess of their popularity/take up.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

alf

I disagree entirely.

I find it rather easy to either ignore or simply dismiss those who are perpetually outraged, or those who are demanding some kind of change (regardless of validity), or in this case promotion of a sausage.

It's only when tabloids make a mountain out of a mole hill over it, does it become tiresome, how many time have we read "people are outaged over X", or even more cliche "Millennials are outraged over X", only to read the article to find out these "people" are merely a few wankers on twitter who the tabloids went of their way to find in order to make some outrage p**n.

Because that is all this article is, and further more what the likes of janice street porter, piers morgan and others are, outrage p**n and outrage p**n producers. Hell, google piers morgan eating that greggs vegan sausage roll, you'd think he had been poisoned the way he acted.

It's an advert part of a larger advertising campaign that often features meat dishes (so god knows where janet got this idea from "I can't imagine an ad for lamb chops in which Carl serves up free range meat to Chloe. In the current climate, that's a non-starter." the daft cow), so aye if janet wants to lose her knickers over the audicity of tesco recognising a growing segment she should probably add herself to the following sentence "Janet, like Vegans, like cyclists, are sensitive souls".

Nomad

Strange, you seem to get excited over those you " ignore or simply dismiss......".  Do you read them to find the ones you want to ignore or dismiss  8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

alf

Sometimes I totally ignore them, particularly when they are obvious clickbait, the infamous "people are outraged over..."  for example.

In the case of this article, I've clearly read it and decided to dismiss it as total non-issue which Janet is trying to turn into an issue, through pseudo outrage.

Nomad

Not sure how anyone could read the article and come away with the thought that it was about a "sausage".

But we'll leave it there.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

alf

I know what you're getting at, the article is more about vegan propaganda, a minority dictating to the majority etc, and this advert is the latest attempt.

I just content that it's utter sensationalised rubbish.

Nomad

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/perth-kinross/1005952/police-called-after-perth-tesco-worker-handed-bullet-to-manager-about-to-sack-him/

QuoteA disgruntled supermarket employee handed a bullet to his former line manager during the meeting which had been convened to sack him.

David Jones' behaviour caused so much alarm staff at the Tesco store in Perth called in the police to report him.

Perth Sheriff Court was told Jones knew he was going to be fired and warned beforehand that he had "a special present" for his former boss.

Jones, 59, of Grampian Court, Perth, admitted causing fear or alarm in Tesco by presenting Carl Sarrou with a bullet on September 30.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk