Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:20PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 269
Total: 276

Snakes/rats/mice/spiders etc in Tesco !

Started by Nomad, 14-07-12, 09:57AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Equalizer87

It's nothing to do with being hypothetical, it's about not having a risk that is the result of incompetent staff/managers.

Limiting risk is one thing, but creating risk is a totally different ball game.

It's common sense not to put something sharp into a shoe, simple as that.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

alf

Well obviously you don't put pins into shoes (do we really need to state this) hence it being an accident.

Sure, these parents could have tried to claim based on that accident, but they didn't.

Are Tesco negligent? Well personally I don't think so, based on the minority of the hazard, and the risk being small.
You may disagree, others can too, or some might agree with me, but unless someone wants to report Tesco to the HSE and let them decide, we may as well p**s into the wind.

Equalizer87

If you can't call putting sharp objects or pins into a shoe, where it cannot be seen by any potential wearer negilence, then what is??

At the very least it's a criminal lacking of common sense, but still the injury cannot be justified, hence compensation.

Doesn't really matter if they went through the Sun or solicitors for compensation ( Sun is a smarter option as Tesco hate bad press like the plague). The fact is they would still be owed it for an injury that should never happened.

I don't support the compo culture but it'd nit leaving anytime soon.

The factor of the level of risk, in my opinion, is irrelevant.  The fact that someone had failed to ensure the product was in a fit condition for sale and potential to cause injury and even infections, more than warrants the compensation in anyway it's achieved.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Nomad

Whether accident,deliberate or negligence compensation is still due.

99% of accidents are caused by human action or inaction, compensation is warranted no matter how small the injury or distress.  As I said earlier in part to encourage a search for a solution/alternative.

Quote from: alf on 09-09-17, 02:22PM
Simple accident, someone's just looking 5 minutes of Fame, plus a voucher.
Quote from: alf on 11-09-17, 02:39AM
...... either the parents are money grabbing, overly protective, or maybe a combination of the two
I truly do not understand why anybody would set out to accuse the parents of being money grabbing and/or attention seeking people, particularly when they do not know the person(s) involved.

Quote from: alf on 11-09-17, 11:54PM
..... frankly I don't know where you're trying to go with this " enrichment of the proprietor.", train of thought.
Tesco sold an item it caused an injury, albeit a mild one. The purpose of the offending object in the company makes no difference.
The point being not only did it not need to be near a child's shoe, it did not need to be in the store but it was there for the sole benefit of the company.

Quote from: alf on 12-09-17, 03:15PM
Tesco and retailers aren't expected to eliminate all risk of hazards, it's simply not possible.
They are to manage the risk by taking reasonable steps.
and it is paying out compensation that encourages them to take those reasonable steps.

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

alf

You two are hell bent on the idea that pin was purposely placed in the toe of the shoe.

It. Was. An. Accident.

Was it negligence?
Again I don't think it was, you do, but its not our decision ultimately.
PS factoring the level of risk is actually essential, the greater the risk and the greater the hazard, the more steps the company needs to reasonably take.

You could receive a paper cut from packaging, but no one is going expect any retailer to somehow eliminate that risk.

As for people's opinion on whether they are entitled to compensation, those opinions  are  worthless, it is for a court to decide, but the parents chose not to go that route, so all we can do is speculate.

OpShunned

Not seen so much fuss made over a single shoe since Cinderella's debutante appearance at the ball  ;D

Why did she need a tetanus jab by the way?

No-one gets Lockjaw anymore, not since the second world war and before that when soldiers got trenchfoot with being stuck in waterlogged, rat infested, decaying corpse contaminated trenches.

Just another excuse to cripple the immune system of the young by using them as pin cushions and storing up problems for them later in life.

alf

We can look back and call it pingate.
Or the pinultimate discussion.

OpShunned

Customers are returning to store by the bucket-load with F&F items of clothing being delivered with security tags left on them.

Someone's cutting corners, Drastic?

alf

We've had that, the consequence of having the clothing tagged at source, rather than instore.

Though despite that, I much prefer products being tagged at source, clothing or otherwise. I hate tagging it's so monotonous.

BrownEyedGirl

Agree I hate any sort of tagging its so time consuming.

Nomad

A little unfair to equate a paper cut from packaging to a security tag pin in the toe of a child's shoe  8-)

Do I think it was placed there deliberately, of course I do not, I believe it to be an accident.  Was it negligence, possibly but more likely carelessness.  Does any of the afore mentioned negate the right to compensation, no of course it does not.

I've made my 'point',  Bye 4 now  :)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

alf

Hey I wouldn't disregard papercuts, especially from cardboard boxes, they're painful b*****ds.

Nomad

A Tesco customer was disgusted to find tiny beetles crawling in Porridge oats

QuoteA Tesco customer has posted stomach-churning footage of what appear to be tiny beetles crawling in her porridge oats.

The weevils can be seen crawling through the oats making their way up the side of a white bowl.

Rachel Carter, from Wigan, posted the 20-second clip to Tesco's Facebook page on Sunday after her grandmother spotted the critters seconds before tucking in for her breakfast.

Granny did not get her oats that day  :D
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Video shows a horrified Tesco customer shrieking and gagging after she discovered maggots in a packet of dog food.

QuoteShe posted the minute-long video with the caption: "I just opened this to feed my dog. I feel ill and the smell is disgusting!"

The video begins with a foil packet of the dog food sitting on a counter, and 35-year-old Kerrie can be heard saying in disgust: "Oh my god I feel ill."

I'm waiting for the post "another person looking for 5 minutes of fame or a pay out".
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Equalizer87

It's an economy that Tesco and other supermarkets are happy to fund for the sake of saving face, naturally people will take advantage  of this.

Nomad

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4784771/tesco-shopper-bursts-into-tears-after-finding-dead-mouse-in-her-pasta/

QuoteA Tesco spokesperson said: "We were very concerned to hear of this incident and have fully investigated with our supplier.

"Following extensive tests and analysis, we are confident that the pasta was not contaminated when it was produced and packed, and have given Emma a gesture of goodwill to thank her for her patience while we looked into this matter."

This story reminds me of being on a ship when passengers/crew were hit by an outbreak of norovirus, I lost count of the number of times the ships P.A. announced it was 'most likely' brought on board by passenger(s), completely ignoring the number and frequency of the crew mingling with dock workers and stock delivery drivers at every port of call, a more likely source as it hit the ship on 9th day into a 14 day trip.

Lesson one: if at all possible blame the customer(s)  >:(
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

alf

Sounds like someone was caught out.

To add onto the suspicions, I have to say, that mouse looks remarkably intact for having been decomposing for 2 months.

Nomad

Perhaps another set of test & analysis results going the way of the paymaster.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

OpShunned

Tesco customer finds disgusting 'slimy fish' inside own-brand beans

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4819180/tesco-customer-finds-disgusting-slimy-fish-inside-own-brand-beans/
===============

This is possibly the barmiest yet. A fish like creature in a tin of beans.

Love the way they have painted an eye on a bean like piece of something or another :D :D :D

25p lol.. buy yourself a decent tin of beans ya cheap skate (excuse the fish pun).

Nomad

Woman stunned to find a live GRASSHOPPER inside a bag of Tesco salad

QuoteA live grasshopper found inside a sealed bag of Tesco salad has prompted an investigation, and a warning from wildlife experts.

Shopper Charlotte Inskip was stunned to spot the insect crawling around inside the bag.

apparently MM told her to hop it.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

optout

""I contacted Tesco to report the issue and make it aware of it because it must have quality checks."

says it all really......Ahhh....the gullibility......of the public.

And notice that the reason it is being taken seriously is for immigration purposes, and not food hygiene standards.
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Nomad

Woman 'vomits in front of 200 colleagues' after 'Bushtucker Trial' find in Tesco meal deal

QuoteA woman said she VOMITED in front of 200 colleagues after she was bitten by a live beetle lurking inside her Tesco meal deal - which she compared to her own Bushtucker Trial.

Tasha Howard, a call centre worker from Kirkby was left vomiting throughout the rest of her shift at work after the alarming discovery in a Tesco chicken wrap purchased from the Tesco Express on Finch Lane, Huyton.

A beetle in Liverpool, really what next :)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

I know most of us have seen this or other media reports regarding this matter, but felt it worth recording here.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/26/tesco-ruins-christmas-dozens-complain-rancid-turkey-7185298/
There are a lot of people angry with Tesco right now, saying that they served up a 'rotten, rancid' turkey on the big day.

Social media was swamped with people complaining the meat they bought tasted terrible, some describing it as 'bleach' or 'acid'.

One woman said it caused an argument, as she blamed her husband's feet for the bad smell.

People complaining said they were left with no meal altogether or had to order in emergency takeaways after discovering their Tesco turkeys had gone off.

Some customers abandoned their turkey dinners before even putting the birds in the oven as a result of the smell.

Following horsemeat-gate, green turkeys, 2 Sisters Food Group chicken factory(s) and various other incidents added to the many and varied posts on VLH regarding the food cold chain being broken perhaps it is time the relevant authority took a closer interest in the company.

(Please discuss in news articles )
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Mum disgusted after discovering Tesco jelly she was about to feed her daughter, 3, was covered in mould

QuoteA mum says she was disgusted after allegedly discovering the fruit jelly she was feeding her young daughter was covered in mould.

Amanda Plunkett has hit out after purchasing the Tropical Flavour Jelly with Peaches and Pears from a Tesco store last week.

Must have been stored with the turkeys  :-X
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

FatFraz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk