News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

25-04-24, 02:41AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,408
  • Total Topics: 638
  • Online today: 556
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 475
Total: 475

Hypothetical Question

Started by Nomad, 20-05-05, 12:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fargone

The bottom line is that people can't voice an opinion.

redragon

Quote from: gomezz on 17-10-10, 12:36PM
Ah!  The *old* new handbook.  I thought you meant there had been a new, new handbook.

New, dont think they know the meaning of new.  Refurbished maybe, but never new.  I would bet that the "new" one is made from refurbished "old handbooks".

Boo

I havent seen a new handbook since 2003 and it was out of date then  :(

takes me all my time to get a wage slip

parmoking

hi guys wonder if you could help me can't seem to see how to start new thread anywere on my page.

but issue I have is as follows:

I am on prolonged sick at the moment caused by tesco, and also have a GRIEVANCE in with over 20 points ranging from (DIGNITY AT WORK, SYA, LACK SUPPORT WHILE AT WORK AND ON SICK SYSTEMATIC FAILINGS ON SO SO MANY ACCOUNTS THAT I HAVE ONLY SCRATCHED THE SURFACE HERE)

I can never ever see myself working for such a poor company again.

I have the Unions solicitor involved but would prefer to negotiate myself, options I have come up with so far are:

1. Severance package including compensation with a compromise agreement ( do tesco do such a thing)
2. Financial compensation for illness and Suffering plus pay to be made up from SSP to full pay for all months been ill. (yet again not sure if tesco would do that)

be interested in your thoughts options, that may be available or if you have any feedback on employees whom have similar story

for obvious reasons can't go into specifics or location etc etc

Union stance is got a rock solid case though

thanks guys

[admin]You can start new topics (and many other things) if you become a supporter (less than 4p a week). This topic is not suitable for your question(s).  Nomad[/admin]

Egg Head

parmoking Tesco will not terminate your for long term sickness until ALL grievances have been aired

Occupational health will refuse to assess you until these outstanding grievances have been resolved

I feel that your expectations will not be met regarding the extent of the "damage" done to you by the company.

Once the lawyers get hold of it you will find that the law is totally unfair as they deal in cold hard facts & Tesco have an excellent legal dept that will know you & your employment history very well. ou will be surprised at what details they will throw at you

Personally I would go for a "no win - no fee" firms....as the union prefer to settle early so they can say they gained x amount of compensation for their membership.  (this is my personal opinion)

hope all goes well
ps - the process will also take years to resolve - this is a tactic that the company use..even ignoring all communication from your solicitors until the matter is put in front of a judge...when they will ask for more time

justbeenrsed

if my depot were to realise who i am on here can they sack me for what i write.?
i will not s**g staff off or be abusive to staff on here but just to be truthful.
i would just like to know if the depot have the right to view the users on here?..
i wish to state i only wish to check we are safe to say how we feel we are treated.
if i feel a certain person/manager is being unfair can i just use initials?
thanks

Nomad

If you defame/libel a person or a company and they can prove that you have, then you would need to be prepared to shoulder any consequences, and if they are able to prove that they have suffered a financial loss then the consequences could be considerable.

Truthful, in the event of any civil/criminal action you must be able to prove that what you consider the truth is in fact the case.

Anyone can view VLH, but can only see what you can see (or less).

Initials, VLH is not intended for members to try to identify on the net those persons they disagree with at any particular time, 'my manager' or 'a manager' is sufficient. If you do not wish to be identified why would you think it fair to be able to partly identify them.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

fargone

Judge a man by his questions, rather than his answers.

Hyacynth

>:D >:D I,m wondering if anyone can help me please.  I've done 20yrs with T..co. having worked Days/nights, and during that time have don e most jobs except checkouts  I am now on nights.. We had some problems in our store about 15mths ago when there were 4 people about to retire.  the Mgr on Nights and our P.M. made their lives awful. picking on them by saying "you,re 2 slow". you,re not completing the job properly, everyone else seems to manage on your aisle, what cant you.?? etc.etc. well now I,m comking up for retirement, and my aisle is being checked to see if I,ve missed anything on the top shelves, apparently I dont inspire my Night Managers confidence, and I,m hard of hearing, so when the crappy music blares out at night (I,m right under a speaker) I take my hearing aids out. I,m now  told why arent I answering when shouted down the aisle, when I explained the situation , no apology, nothing..  Am I being intimidated, or am I being Paranoid and just feeling that I,m being picked on.,.?? thanks for anyone.s help.  Oh our Night mgr has been heard to say " t6he trouble with our Night time is that there are too many oldies and fatties ;!!  :D :D

anfield

performance is managed on an individuals "capabilities". if u feel your performance is being questioned ,ask for a union rep . if u feel intimidated ,ask for a union rep .if u feel managers are using immoral practices to get rid of staff ,ask for a union rep . That's what u pay them for .do not allow yourself to be pushed out before u retire

Hyacynth

Metal Mario

Regarding the Social Media Policy;

As per the current policy, "Treat people with respect and avoid speaking negatively about other people, companies or organisations."

Has anyone found the ambiguousness of this troublesome?

If, God forbid I were to enter a heated debate possibly using profanity and insults with a random Internet person could the company discipline me as breaching this policy even if tesco had no bearing involvement or mention in said altercation?
In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

hesketh

If you were identifiable as a Tesco employee, then probably.

destine456

A copy of a letter/e-mail sent to The board of directors yesterday..... (Dave Lewis/Alison Horner/Jill Easterbrook & Mike Mcnamara)

I am a manager at Tesco Teesport, at the Teesside Distribution Center at Middlesbrough.

I have worked there for a number of years and now urgently need to advise yourselves of the serious problems that are apparent at the site, specifically on Night Shift. Day shifts are also affected in similar ways, but I work Nights and can only vouch for my experiences, even though talking to colleagues, day shifts have the similar faults.

We are currently being actively encouraged to provoke staff verbally, by senior management. In an attempt to deal with individuals who are currently being supported via support plans due to varying ailments. This is to ultimately obtain a violent or verbal response and enable the removal of these staff under gross misconduct. Personnel are unable to deal with the increasing number of fit notes / support plans due to work related stress. They simply bury their heads in the sand, hoping the issues at Teesport will go away.

You need to speak to individuals on night shift (see below) at Teesport who will give you clear and concise reports of this ongoing intimidation.

NAMES WITHELD

mexicopete

There is no way that that the above post could possibly be construed as Bringing the company into disrepute. However the comments and actions of senior team at Teesport most certainly do bring the company into disrepute and those making these comments should be dealt with accordingly by Mr. Lewis, this in turn should lead to their instant dismissal in my opinion. Of course they could only be following the instructions they have been given from the gods at H.O. ??? ??? ???
The worlds me lobster

crabbit

Is big girlfriend still shift manager there ?
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

talesin

I would always advise everyone to be careful what you say, but if it came to libel the company would be required to prove they have suffered loss or detriment as a result of your words and actions and proving the company had been brought into disrepute could be tough for them.   The Tesco handbook (which is part of your t and c's) is a beautifully vague document which would be a delight to Barristers and Solicitors everywhere, guaranteeing them hours of well paid discourse.   Whistle blowing is covered by law and some very specific legislation.  Generally slagging people off and identifying them in public (apart from those who live and die by their public persona)....how rude, you should always give someone the right to a verbal punch up first  ;).  But having an opinion, I believe we all have a right to that.  I would be fascinated to know to what extent all those leaving the company by redundancy are gagged and bound by the paperwork we sign.  I believe you are required to give up all right to legal action against the company, but I'm not sure how enforceable that actually is (the whole unfair contracts and other rights under enacted legislation thingy). 

usernamehere

I realise this is an old thread, but I just found it searching for something for a colleague of mine and wanted to add this resource to anyone else that stumbles across this.

If you are looking for information on Settlement Agreements (the new name for Compromise Agreements) then there is a awful lot of information here (possible) more than you need: http://www.settlementagreement.org

[admin]Not sure that what you have posted has any connection to "Hypothetical Question". Nomad[/admin]

snowyowl

Sadly Destine 456 you have just confirmed that which has been widely rumoured following a major meeting several Mondays ago. It is said (from a reliable source) that this was an "ambiguous directive" from Head Office at that meeting. Again, sadly I think all you can do is what you have done, send a Grievance directly to Head Office although I fear what good that will do. Following all the problems that place has suffered over the last few years it seems Head Offices preferred course of action is to mime whilst the choir sing. In the mean time I do hope you have told the night shift Managers you will take no part in this what must be illegal action.

tiptop

if this is an example of dave lewis mission statement of repairing the mistrust between managers and colleagues then TESCO have a very very very very very long way too go... (-*-)

fargone

I think that a lot of these managers need to remember, that if they end up being physically attacked by a member of staff, then no one is coming to their rescue.

snowyowl

I wouldn't condone violence as a resolution as that would be just helping them to achieve their goal.
I believe this DC has from day one  had a culture of bullying and it has throughout remained unchecked. It's evident that the senior management can act as they wish with impunity and I don't believe that anyone is more bullied than the team managers. Fearful of been further bullied I believe they just do as they are told to avoid the long conversation with regards to their long term prospect with the company. 

mexicopete

Quote from: tiptop on 28-08-16, 06:57PM
if this is an example of dave lewis mission statement of repairing the mistrust between managers and colleagues then TESCO have a very very very very very long way too go... (-*-)

Could not agree more tiptop. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The worlds me lobster

snowyowl

Forget getting the colleagues to attack you, can there be a legal way of "managing somebody out of the business?" and if this is going on as it apparently seems to be going on what are Tesdaw doing about it?

Justjohn

Quote from: Nomad on 20-05-05, 12:36AM
Would be grateful for all your learned opinions. No wise cracks or jokes (they will be deleted), stick to the point please.

Hypothetical  ??? : if a person posts on here or on the public side a post that criticises the management and their way of doing things, and/or the way they have been treated by management.   Should they be subject to disciplinary action.

Also: In your opinion what const*tutes bringing the company into disrepute.

Nomad ( Webmaster )

yes they can, and cases have gone to court and ruled in the Employer favour . The company has the right to protect itself and its employees. just because someone on social media said something about a company or employee does mean it true

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk