News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

24-04-24, 12:36PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,402
  • Total Topics: 637
  • Online today: 317
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 204
Total: 206

Hypothetical Question

Started by Nomad, 20-05-05, 12:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaycloth

There is a danger with sites such as facebook. Users forget that their posts can be read by people that they don't know. Some posters have put posts on their pages that are plainly stupid. As an example...a poster announced where they had left their house keys, so that the person they were posting to could feed their pets, whilst they were on holiday... 8-)

The Mrs

bloodhound

Such vast amounts of money being paid from one financially sound company to another.
I would have sympathy if the compensation had to be paid to something worthwhile like a UK charity.
Truth be told, I think nobody should be above the Law.
If libellious behaviour is against the law, then why should any body, company, or organisation be above it?

Jaycloth

Libel, an untruth, which could affect the standing or future profits of the libelled company. The lawyers get rich. Hardly anyone else cares and the staff usually bear the brunt of any financial penalty. There has to be a fairer, less costly way of settling such disputes, not based on how large a companies war chest is.

almostlost

Quote from: nomad on 20-05-05, 12:36AM
Hypothetical  ??? : if a person posts on here or on the public side a post that criticises the management and their way of doing things, and/or the way they have been treated by management.   Should they be subject to disciplinary action.

Real question, if your site manager posts something on facebook should it be reported ? and how would you expect it to be dealt with ?

Chairswan

I would speak to your Pm about raising a grievance as this sounds like a dignity at work issue.
If I knew someone commented about me like this regardless of how & when they say this then violence maybe in order.  >:D  
Sorry but that is just so insensitive.  >:(

Storck

In store it was on Team 5 about a year ago saying anything said on Facebook etc could be used to bring disciplinary action so surely that would count for managers as well.

It should be reported and then an investigation happen followed possibly by a disciplinary. I got pulled due to when I was off sick I had put I was at a BBQ. I had a broken ankle and sat there with my leg up with a couple of nurses there but I still got called into work about it. When I explained they dropped everything and I deleted everyone from work off my friends.

almostlost

I think I might first submit it anonymously

almostlost

It was reported (anonymously for now) via email to the PM last wednesday, Im still waiting on a reply.

almostlost

It got sorted :)

adspackman

Good to hear. Thanks for updating us all.

The Mrs

adspackman

They'll be in for it if they are ever caught out though!

bloodhound

IF they ever catch them......

almostlost

Has it been removed ? I searched facebook for it and couldnt find it :(

Chubbychaser

At least this individual is doing the right way about it by going annon, I wonder how long it will be until they are caught because in a way unless someone confesses to doing it or manage to give away their email addy, it's going to be a long wild goose chase for powers above.  :o   In a way you do have give credit to this indidvidual for being so brave, even if fellow colleages are being insulted, but then again we don't know the whole story of what goes on in this store, it could be just BS from a nerdy checkout chappy/chick who's still currently living with their mom that has plenty of time on their hands to insult the imperfect world of dispondent personell who look downwards to them.
However the uberdooper management comment does sound familiar.  :d:

Raster2

OK lets get to the point, if you post info on here tesco will READ IT, you must make sure what you post can be proved and you can support your claim, you can expect the big guns to put LOTS of pressure on ya, which they will do.

They do it to bigger fish than GAs so expect the same response.

Raster 

Nomad

"you can expect the big guns to put LOTS of pressure on ya, which they will do."

Only if a post is libelous or defamatory. The law grants everyone the right to free association to discuss issues and exchange opinions.

And VLH does all it can to preserve your anonymity.

Talking of libelous, I seem to remember a case not long ago where a judge ruled that an honestly held and expressed opinion was not libel, but just that an opinion.

But my memory may be failing me  :o
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

redragon

The new handbook is out and gives details about what you can and cant post on the internet such as Facebook, twitter and the like.

We had someone halled into the office about posting on the internet and told to remove it.

gomezz

Quote from: redragon on 16-10-10, 03:36PM
The new handbook is out
In what way "out"?  No sign of any such thing here.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

adspackman

Do you mean the updated handbook that was given out with payslips a few months ago?

Superyaps

Yes, the 'new/updated' version of the handbook states that, any bullying or bringing the company into disrepute via social networking sites, would be dealt with via disciplinary means etc.  Was brought out approx 6-8 weeks ago now :)

fargone

It's the Khmer Rouge of retail.

gomezz

Ah!  The *old* new handbook.  I thought you meant there had been a new, new handbook.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Jaycloth

Fargone. Do you mean they're leaving their staff Pol Potless?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk