News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:20PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Pandemics & Tesco's policy

Started by Orangutan, 24-02-20, 09:51AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadHairDay

Hope someone could clarify Tesco’s policy. I was told to go home due to being in a high risk category. I was informed by two managers I would be allowed out of my home for excercise  and for buying food but it would be frowned on if I was seen in a pub (before they were shut). I had a phone call today from a manager who gave me the impression I was not allowed out for any reason. I am now afraid that on my eventual return to work I will have a disaplinary because I was seen out buying food or walking in the playing field (I don’t have a garden)

lucgeo

That is correct...if you are in the high risk category you should not be leaving your home.

Look on the NHS website guidance for people who are in the high risk category.

However, rules have drastically changed over the last week or so, therefore when you first went off, it may well have been acceptable to go out to exercise or get shopping in. You should  explain, on your return, that you followed the managers' advice at that time, and was unaware of any update in restrictions.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

BadHairDay

Dg

Hi wondering if anyone can shed some light for me on self isolation and holidays.
I self isolated last week as my wife developed symptoms so I've to take 14 days paid absence, I had 2 days holidays booked which fall in the time when I'll be self isolating. I've added the section from the new policy below. My manager has told me if I was to cancel the holidays the days would then be coded as sickness instead of paid absence.

Any help would be appreciated

What if a colleague who is self-isolating and is due to take holiday, or is on holiday, then develops
symptoms of COVID-19?
For colleagues in self-isolation, our normal sickness holiday policy applies:
• If a colleague is on holiday and they notify the store that they have symptoms of COVID-19 or
the need to self-isolate with others in their household, their holiday still stands and is coded. If on the date they are due to return from their holiday they need to go into self-isolation, they
would need to notify the store on the day before
• If a colleague is in self-isolation and is due to take holiday, the holiday can be rescheduled at a
different time and should not be coded as holiday

heyyouguys

Dg yes they will be coded as sick so you can take them at another time

Dg

Quote from: heyyouguys on 31-03-20, 10:45PM
Dg yes they will be coded as sick so you can take them at another time
Thanks asked my union rep and we weren't sure whether it would've been coded as sickness or paid absence since the self isolation was supposed to last 14 days

heyyouguys

If its coded either way it will override your holiday you booked off so to be taken elsewhere

Dg

Quote from: heyyouguys on 31-03-20, 10:58PM
If its coded either way it will override your holiday you booked off so to be taken elsewhere
Yea I get that part, but its more that if it gets coded as sickness then it will trigger absence review etc and their not sure if it will still be paid under the self isolation.
Just going to leave the holidays there as they are seeing as I've gotten 2 weeks off with pay

dotnochance

Stop spreading misinformation ffs
NHS website states “The advice for people who may be at increased risk from coronavirus is the same as for most other people.

You should only leave the house for very limited purposes:

shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle â€" alone or with members of your household”
Your managers are wrong. Telling people to stay indoors is completely dangerous! taking 12 weeks and staying indoor without any exercise is a recipe for disaster, and completely against what the nhs has clearly stated

lucgeo

To whom are you referring giving out misinformation? 8-)

If it was I?...the poster stated they were at "HIGH RISK" not increased risk. Suggest you read the NHS guidelines again, take your time over the big words, and get YOUR facts right FFS!!

Hammer10

Is it not time to only fill at night and bake at night and only serve via self serve and a few staff in days in full PPE .

dotnochance

Quote from: lucgeo on 01-04-20, 10:24AM
To whom are you referring giving out misinformation? 8-)

If it was I?...the poster stated they were at "HIGH RISK" not increased risk. Suggest you read the NHS guidelines again, take your time over the big words, and get YOUR facts right FFS!!
I like how u tried to be patronising and said “take your time over the big words”
And yet u didn’t read the point I was making for ”increased risk” information!

lucgeo

My apologies...your post was so random as to be difficult to understand??

Your opening sentence was claiming some poster had deliberately misled others by providing false information?? Yet in your haste, you omitted to actually make clear to what or whom you were actually referring?

So I have quickly browsed through every post, but am unable to find any other relevant to a manager telling people they are not allowed to leave the house, apart from BadHairDay's post.

You say you were making the point of "increased risk" information, but again in reply to who's specific question asking this, is again confusing?

You complete your rant stating your "managers are wrong!" Nope, still not seeing any other post relating to your answer.

I'm sorry if you found my statement "take your time over the big words " patronising, but then again, I know how to spell a simple 3 lettered word like "you"

Tinkerbell1234

Hi can anyone help i am self isolating due to coughing i am having alot of problems with the store manager I have messageed the PM asking to move to another store temp has I dont feel save going back can i ask to go to another next monday until they sort something out as i dont want to go back for my safety :'(

NightAndDay

You'll need some solid evidence for your fear of safety I'm afraid., if there's no prior grievances, documented issues etc pertaining to such then your transfer to another store will be privy to what is available, just like everybody else.

lucgeo

Your post is quite ambiguous for people to answer, and obviously you can't go into details...
Do you still have symptoms which require you to remain self isolating?
Are you due back in work on Monday after isolation, and your symptoms have cleared?
When you say," you don't feel safe?" Do you mean with contamination from the virus, or some actual sort of threatening behaviour from the manager?
If you do contact your PM, these are the sort of questions you'll be asked.
Are you a union member, if so, speak to them about your concerns.
If you are genuinely concerned about your return, then you should self cert for a week, and try to get the assistance you need. Either by speaking to your doctor or a union rep.

Tinkerbell1234

Its complicated cant say much on here due to the manager being aware of information regarding previous manager he is making my working life hell and constantly shouting at me and putting me down I've always been told start fresh in another store but felt i have done nothing wrong  and gave them proof . I want a fresh start which was one of the options i was given  and thought why so hope i can just go or let me work in another until something comes up

NightAndDay

You can grievance being shouted at as a violation of dignity at work, outside of statutory breaches, this is one of the very few areas managers can end up in deep doodoo for.

lucgeo

If the offer of moving to another store was offered, then obviously you have a strong case for being moved now. Reading between the lines, it would seem that this manager is in a retaliation against you, for some misplaced loyalty to another manager who was probably disciplined due to proven complaints from you.

As Nightandday Day has stated, if he shouts or makes derogatory comments to you in front of others, then it comes under dignity at work grievance, which is immediately taken out of store, and the manager is unable to make any contact with you.

Tinkerbell1234

Previous manager dismissed just feel like hes judged me and wants me out yes the recomendation they gave one was to move to another store for a fresh start  hes not put me on rota for next 4 weeks so obvious not needed

lucgeo

Take a photo of the rota, it holds in good stead to prove that you are being treated detrimentally, by being ignored just to create a tension between you.

Tinkerbell1234

OK will do, I messaged the manager to ask who I email to to be taken out of store as I was given the option to have a fresh start and would like that now,  and that as I'm not on the rota next 4 weeks it won't affect the store, he has completely ignored me.

NightAndDay

Remember to get physical evidence of the various misconducts enacted by your manager, it will make it harder for the PM to sweep it under the rug.

Tinkerbell1234

That will be hard its always when on our own even when he was on holiday the manager popping in was doing the same hes friend been a nightmare why cant tesco start listening to colleagues not just managers and the lies tesco allow managers to bully because they dont lusten

NightAndDay

If your store has the hub or a robust enough cctv system, you may be able to use that as evidence if he uses hand gestures or other body language that makes it clear that he's communicating in a way unbecoming of a manager. Just get the dates and times and make a note of cctv spots.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk