News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:57PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 281
Total: 283

Test

Started by Mark calloway, 23-07-21, 05:01PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark calloway

Hi,I'm due back on Monday after isolating due to being covid positive,  do I need to do another test before I go back? I've got a pack of lateral flow tests so that's not a problem.

Halftone84

Why wouldn't you just to be sure ?

WorkingMummy

No you don't need another test. As long as you have isolated for ten days. In fact if you do a test you will probably still show as positive for up to three months. The cough can also carry on for a while but you aren't contagious after ten days
As long as your temperature is ok.

Welshie

Going to be honest, if you were my co-worker I'd be asking if you tested negative before returning.  I wouldn't be insulted if people avoid you when you return , CEO people are back at work and even though they're double jabbed they're still nervous of getting virus as I'm sure everyone is .

StinkyPoo

No need to retest for 90 days unless you develop covid symptoms again!

James1104

Hi sorry to jump on the thread but my self isolation finishes Tuesday at midnight so going into Wednesday, I normally work 10pm-7am but isolation finishes at 12pm, do i have to go into work at 12pm when it finishes ?

StinkyPoo

Technically you can't leave your house until midnight. But in my store they have made people start at midnight.

James1104

Thanks, what about being asked to pick up an extra shift on my day of because I missed one contracted whilst self isolating ?

spike_pkh

They can ask.. many people in my store pick up extra shifts after isolation due to having a nice rest

oldfashionedplayer

Your paid while isolating to begin with, so they could ask but they shouldn't.. And you shouldn't accept unless you want overtime...BUT and I mean BUT make sure they are referring to it as overtime, and not as a make up shift... Otherwise they are screwing you over and owe you money.

Fun girl

Hi am  very worried a work with a guy who is 21 and his whole family has tested positive  but the guy got told by his manager he has to come to work he has only had one vaccine  and still in working with us a don't think this is right as they all stay in the same hose

whatajoke2019

Hi Fun girl,

I've attached this from C0lleague Help-has the person in question taken a test?

Nomad

Not work related, social needs.

How is anybody supposed to test when home tests kits are not available, delivery or collection.

Are others having problems getting lateral flow tests  :question:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

grim up north

They have them at pharmacies if you can get to one

Nomad

Not all of them as I found out, some have run out of them.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk