News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:24AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 287
Total: 290

DotCom Shift Change Trials

Started by helpme, 16-06-19, 05:29PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gomezz

I may have missed it but what about such shifts meaning you are legally only allowed to work one day then one or more days off before you can work again?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

madness

no that leaves 12 hours between shifts, which is legal.   

gomezz

That is true but you would still be working more than eleven hours in a rolling 24 hour period which is not legal.

FarmerFred

Quote from: gomezz on 24-03-24, 09:42PMThat is true but you would still be working more than eleven hours in a rolling 24 hour period which is not legal.
Not sure that's correct, plenty of businesses run 12/12.

gomezz

My apologies.  I got my mental arithmetic wrong and was applying the current rule of thumb that if you work an evening then you can only work the morning or afternoon of the next day not both (based on existng shift times).  Finishing at 9pm makes all the difference.

madness

Quote from: gomezz on 24-03-24, 09:42PMThat is true but you would still be working more than eleven hours in a rolling 24 hour period which is not legal.
They are not counting lunch. so its 11 hours of pay in a 12 hour clocked in/out shift. Runs the whole thing very tight though.

sonic8610

And if someone breaks down towards the end of their shift in the middle of nowhere then that throws a spanner in the works.

madness

cant drive the next day. if recovery is needed youre not driving just working a longer shift.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk