Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 05:52AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,128
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 432
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 417
Total: 419

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowyowl

Some very sad news, hot of the press.

QuoteMan down, Senior Manager, answers to the name of Bawbag's gone AWOL. Any information please keep it to yourself.  :D :D :D

redcar renegade

In the case of Bawbag news on the net is he has started a Proclaimers tribute act singing " I will walk 500 miles".

Jetplane

Asked management today said his on the sick also been told I'm going into DH team great news that Buddy not

Kingkong2015

Heard drastic Dave isn't finished the job cuts in distribution, Belfast and Antrim to get hit again? Security to go? Goods-in to go? Anyone know when?

snowyowl

If these Depots are losing Goods-In and are retaining Goods-Out then they must be closing them!  8-)

bluefish

Hi,
My friend took cushion pay for shift leader but not sure how long she has to work or how to repay if want to leave immediately as she is very stressed with job.trial period is over so i guess she cant take reduandcy now.can anyone help

terra

The company won't take the cushion payment back if she chooses to leave however if she is still in the trial period she can say it's not working and wants to take redundancy

Equalizer87

Stock Control/PI up for the cut in my opinion, they'll simplify the whole thing and try to push some of those hours into Checkout/Replenishment, whilst cutting some hours too.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

londoner83

Once electronic labels are rolled out there will be no need for pi.

Equalizer87

Electronic labels are years away for Tesco, they simply could not afford the implementation of it.

PI will lose more hours as will Stock Control (manager in my former store talked of this at our last knees up) and it appears that word through the grapevine is its happening.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Yorkshire dave

PI lose hours  :D :D they're the only department in our store with endless supply of overtime

Thevamps

Yorkshire Dave your store is very lucky then as you have a manager who actually cares whether they trade legally or not.  After 27 years in pi I'm waiting patiently for my redundancy and have it on good authority the electronic labels will be sooner not later and have been trailing in stores for a while.

Expressdude2016

Quote from: Equalizer87 on 30-06-17, 01:58PM
Electronic labels are years away for Tesco, they simply could not afford the implementation of it.

PI will lose more hours as will Stock Control (manager in my former store talked of this at our last knees up) and it appears that word through the grapevine is its happening.

they are away to start roll out soon. they have been trialling a more cost effective version than one previously tested and has been signed off for roll out.

OpShunned

If you go abroad they have electronic shelf labels everywhere?

This country is a joke.

londoner83

Tesco stores in Hungary have electronic SEL as do multiple other stores all over Europe.

Yes initial cost may be high but you would then only need one computer to do the job currently undertaken by PI in store. Long Term the cost savings would be massive.

OpShunned

After the second world war every other bugger in western Europe moved on. We stood still, regressed and never recovered (except for one square mile of Londinium that made money out of the war at our ancestors expense, in much the same way as they have always done).

JL

Quote from: londoner83 on 30-06-17, 09:30PM
Tesco stores in Hungary have electronic SEL as do multiple other stores all over Europe.

Yes initial cost may be high but you would then only need one computer to do the job currently undertaken by PI in store. Long Term the cost savings would be massive.

What have the Hungarians got to do with the management restructure.  :)

Arizonarugby

No sure how any of this ( electronic SEL) has anything to do with management restructure, but Tesco are miles behind the competition.

Amazon are trialing using RFID (intelligent barcodes) in their brick and mortar stores.

This not only will make PI redundant, but also stock counts and gap scans.

Rolling this technology out to their distribution network, will also have a massive impact (and cost savings ) on their policies and procedures

Jetplane

Sad day yesterday end of an era as last 2 B Shift managers went, B Shift is no more A Shift starts today only god can help us now.

Carparkpothole

What will be the problem that the restructure will cause, in your opinion?

Jetplane

I feel the issue on our shift will be that when we have followed A S gift our shift as always fire fighting to put the shift back on course and a lot of the guys think that because of this it has basically cost our managers their jobs while the other shift have tossed it off but hit the Lois and has Tosco is all about figures this will have been the downfall A S gift managers coming over are the worst of what they had a bully a corrupt unwashed dodgy thief and all the decent ones made redundant not good times But at least DL will get his bonus again

[admin]Predictive spelling ?[/admin]

Arizonarugby

It's (I'm sure) at all depots , it's the t***ers that kissed the senior teams a**e that kept their jobs, the decent guys who went the extra mile and looked after colleagues have gone

redcar renegade

In reply to jetplane accusation that A shift at Middlesbrough D.C seem to drop B shift in the mire,sorry but I couldn't stop  laughing at this statement. Either there is an alternative reality at our D.C or Jetplane needs drug testing. Our Jetplane are you a management stooge with a plan to wind staff up.
When the shifts infight all it does is empower shift Managers like No No &  the Ginger Grinch to dump on us more.

Jetplane

Redcar renegade surely you must have seen the abysmal hand overs from No no whoes instruction is pick pick pick I work a lot on goods in or Tetris as we like to call it when trying to unload a trailer with no spaces but once he goes to the dark side and you are getting hand overs like this you too will see the truth and I am bitter with all the good managers from our shift being stitched up by the corrupt gangsters lead by a certain shift manager who looked after his own

Arizonarugby

So now the axe is now hovering over the heads of the maintenance managers , the new "structure" will mean that that one manager will cover two sites.

Yet again it is a complete mad cap concert, with some managers expecting to cover sites over 150 miles apart .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk