News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:44AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 279
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 280
Total: 283

Investigatory

Started by dfl, 04-01-17, 05:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duracell

You don't really need advice if you are leaving soon anyway.

Also Given that the policy mentions you "may" be managed as a persistent offender with out going into a long winded post, 2 occasions which both have questionable circumstances are not persistent and the policy goes on to say Failure to supply a fit note at all after 28 days would result in witdrawl of CSP but doesn't mention any other punitive measure.

What's the worse that could happen?

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Father D. Byrne

I'd just like to say that I already have a copy of the notes. They were given to me after the investigation. My question is whether I am allowed to share them with other managers and with the union if I make a report against other people who were in the meeting.

Father D. Byrne

Quote from: Duracell on 18-09-18, 11:38AM
You don't really need advice if you are leaving soon anyway.

Also Given that the policy mentions you "may" be managed as a persistent offender with out going into a long winded post, 2 occasions which both have questionable circumstances are not persistent and the policy goes on to say Failure to supply a fit note at all after 28 days would result in witdrawl of CSP but doesn't mention any other punitive measure.

What's the worse that could happen?

You're right, but when you have managers that I do, you feel obliged to take action. Even if I am leaving, they can do this to other colleagues in the future, just as they have done in the past. I know that isn't my problem, but this matter concerns me personally, so I'm not letting them get away with it (without going into too many details here).

Exactly. There's not much that can or should happen and after the meeting itself, I feel like I'm being targeted personally.

Father D. Byrne

Quote from: Nomad on 18-09-18, 10:03AM
I always made written requests for any documents I felt I needed and were entitled to (perhaps some I was not), never accept a verbal reply request in writing/reply in writing is the correct way.

Evidence/notes can be shared with anybody you feel could assist your case.

Okay. Thank you and everybody else above for letting me know what to do. I greatly appreciate it.

Thedogdidit

We have a new store manager he's had history of going after woman
He has now gone after me I reported him but I feel like I'm being blamed
Was asked how I acted how nice I was to him could I have gave off the wrong idea

This is a  married man with three kids and I'm gay
Any place or idea where I should go to get help as this place is trying to hide the fact
This man is a serious creep that keeps getting protection for higher ups

Redshoes

Quote from: Thedogdidit on 15-02-22, 11:19PM
Was asked how I acted how nice I was to him could I have gave off the wrong idea

Any place or idea where I should go to get help as this place is trying to hide the fact

A very difficult situation for you. There are several routes you can take but it depends on how you feel about the people you talk to. It sounds like you don't feel confident in a manager within store raising on your behalf so you need to either go higher or to protector line.
If you report to a manager within store make sure it's documented, have union with you. The union will support you with this regardless of if you are a member or not.
You could go to your group area personnel but most people don't even know who this is.
Then, there is the protector line. As I mentioned before. There should be a notice board in the back and there should be a poster on this board giving you contact details for the protector line. The same board might hold details of the group personnel manager too.
You need to make sure you feel safe in work and if you don't, go sick pending investigation. You need to request revoking the three days unpaid as the reason for you absence are within store.
As part of the process you will be asked what you want to happen, if there are any witnesses, what evidence you have. If you have any messages sent to you, keep them. Others that work with you may have witnessed but feel different about it. That is their interpretation and not yours. They will still be talked to. The important thing is how it has made you feel, how a witness feels about it is almost irrelevant.
Nothing is pre-judged. There is never a conclusion before investigation but it's black and white facts.

Redshoes

Protector Line
Protector Line is a 24/7 independent and confidential service, where you can raise concerns about wrongdoing, unethical or illegal activities in the workplace. Your concerns will be looked into by an impartial Tesco manager and this may lead to an investigation.

If your concern is related to pay, holiday or any other People Policies then Colleague Help is best placed to support with these. You can contact Colleague Help by clicking here

Your Line Manager should always be the first person you talk to if you have a concern. However, if you feel you cannot speak to your Line Manager, their Manager or a People Partner, you can contact Protector Line.

You can remain anonymous if you feel you need to, but you should always provide as much detail as possible to help our internal teams investigate on your behalf.

Freephone: 0800 048 8958

Web: protectorline.ourtesco.com 

spike_pkh

Protector line is a bunch of c**p. Our store manager got reported for certain things they were guilty of. A manager came in and interviewed some people as part of an investigation, arranged a second round of interviews with selected people, never showed up and said they would be rearranged, and then it was swept under the rug.

NightAndDay

Quote from: Redshoes on 16-02-22, 09:40AM
Protector Line
Protector Line is a 24/7 independent and confidential service, where you can raise concerns about wrongdoing, unethical or illegal activities in the workplace. Your concerns will be looked into by an impartial Tesco manager and this may lead to an investigation.

If your concern is related to pay, holiday or any other People Policies then Colleague Help is best placed to support with these. You can contact Colleague Help by clicking here

Your Line Manager should always be the first person you talk to if you have a concern. However, if you feel you cannot speak to your Line Manager, their Manager or a People Partner, you can contact Protector Line.

You can remain anonymous if you feel you need to, but you should always provide as much detail as possible to help our internal teams investigate on your behalf.

Freephone: 0800 048 8958

Web: protectorline.ourtesco.com

Many managers fail at the "impartial" requirement of investigations, especially now with the advent of whatsapp manager group chats, many cover everyones backs, the only time they don't is if the manager isn't part of the clique.

Seen it happen to many times as I was in the chat back in my managerial days.

Batmanjo

Quote from: Thedogdidit on 15-02-22, 11:19PM

If he already has a reputation and is married take a grievance out against him and then let his wife in on his problems as he may need some counselling.

Batmanjo

Quote from: spike_pkh on 16-02-22, 11:06AM
Protector line is a bunch of c**p. Our store manager got reported for certain things they were guilty of. A manager came in and interviewed some people as part of an investigation, arranged a second round of interviews with selected people, never showed up and said they would be rearranged, and then it was swept under the rug.

Totally agree,and the person making the complaint may with hold their details but they will definitely be know by the unsub when they are investigated. I have been there and stood up to the SM it led to an even worse outcome  :o still not over yet as it is ongoing.   

horatiocain

Always get the constant logged with the protector line, even if the result is useless, even worse than it once was.
Then message the ceo of Tesco with your complaint, that normally get some traction.

But it's a joke across this company  its an old  boys club mentality

lucgeo

So if the colleague puts in a grievance against the store manager, is it still the case that it automatically goes out if store to the area P.P? Therefore the SM nor any other manager can approach or attempt to speak to that colleague regarding the grievance?
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

horatiocain

A grievance against a store manager can be heard by any other level 3 trained manager, they got rid of the old hierarchy system so fewer complaints ever got to the people who actually do anything about them, you can always demand in your grievance that a senior manager take up the jnvestigation.

neil210

Hey everyone.  Bit of advice needed.  I have an investigatory into taking products, setting them aside and purchasing them on my break later on in my shift.  Apparently this is a breach of the "shopping policy" but I cannot seem to find this on the list of colleagues policies.  Has anyone any idea as to what this policy might be?  Thank you.   

Jackwarda

I think more members on here with the knowledge and experience of this will help or offer advice.
I don`t think this issue is in peoples policy now or training, induction[this needs to be checked] It could be a Store or SM policy.
But either way, take someone in meeting, Union Rep or someone knowledgable
- Is this the first time or do they know its been done more.
- I think it is frowned on for setting asside items especialy yellow labeled.

if you did not know about the policy, which I think they may say is unfair to customers! and no one ever showed or explained to you about the policy and is first time, maybe you get a smacked hand, but I hope someone on here can help, or seek advice.

lackofinterest

a few years back we were read this bovine excrement policy and we all had to sign it. if you havent signed anything then plead ignorance. they can't discipline you for something you didn't know was wrong. make sure you don't go in the meeting alone though no matter what!! they don't want staff to have any perks but it's ok for certain customers to steal booze day after day. they're welcomed with open arms >:(

lackofinterest

One of the many reasons I don't shop at tosco. I'd rather pay full price elsewhere than give them any money.

lucgeo

Quote from: neil210 on 25-05-22, 03:26PM
Hey everyone.  Bit of advice needed.  I have an investigatory into taking products, setting them aside and purchasing them on my break later on in my shift.  Apparently this is a breach of the "shopping policy" but I cannot seem to find this on the list of colleagues policies.  Has anyone any idea as to what this policy might be?  Thank you.

Were the products reduced to clear, special offers or in the reduction chillers. Then they can class that as restricting availability for the customers, especially as in reductions, the customers pay more than you after your discount!

If they were full priced, and not limited supplies, then it's not worthy of investigation UNLESS....you had moved them from the shop floor sales area and stashed them in a quiet area elsewhere, especially if they were high value!

If you are honestly ignorant to the policy, do not recall having signed off any training then you tell them that!! You also ask them to show you were this "shopping policy" is to be found in the policies for people, as you have been unsuccessful in locating it!!

I'm unsure it is Tesco written policy, but many stores operate this policy mainly due to the above scenarios, or some colleagues stash stock and then forget about them, which cause book stock errors!

Take a rep in if you're a union member or a trusted colleague, especially if they ask do you want a rep!! Contrary to what they say, colleagues have, as your chosen representative, the same rights as a union rep and should be afforded such as in the right to speak, ask questions and take notes, but they cannot answer for you!!

Redshoes

It is breach of policy, it triggered a Hub investigation in a store near me.

lucgeo

8-) Can you point the poster to where the policy is written, as that is their question  ???

whatajoke2019

In terms of Reductions there is the Colleague Shop Shopping Guide in Tosco Help which tells you what is and isn't okay for that kind of stock.

I do vaguely recall signing a sheet of paper a few years back around putting things to one side to save back for later. I take some things with a massive pinch of salt but a couple of years ago one chap in our store was dismissed because they'd breached said policy.

Mind you... amazing how many Managers demand to see a signed receipt but will happily leave their paid for shopping out the back, complete with receipt... unsigned  :D :D :D

lucgeo

What's also a joke, is managers expecting to be shown receipts for items brought in for personal use, consumption.

If they don't just sell own brands, then don't expect colleagues to produce a receipt for branded goods in their possession or lockers!! Many buy packets of products to use whilst in work, some are in lockers for weeks on end, so an old receipt for the same product should suffice, or no receipt if bought elsewhere, which makes the whole thing pointless really ???

Redshoes

If using Clubcard.
Colleague Shop – Any colleague with a Colleague Clubcard can collect free surplus food from our reduced-to-clear cabinets one hour before closing or after 9pm in our 24-hour stores. Items can be taken to the checkout and scanned through as normal, with the cost of the item removed at the end of the transaction after using your Colleague Clubcard. To obtain Colleague Shop discount, you should take reduced price items from the shelf and buy them immediately at the till with your Colleague Clubcard. You cannot take reductions off sale and then purchase them later when Colleague Shop discount is active.

If not using Clubcard, where do you think you will find it saying it's ok to go and shop during the time you are being paid to work.

It's easier to track using Clubcard but by taking items off sale you are preventing others from the opportunity to buy and you are shopping during paid work time so it's two offences. By using Clubcard it becomes three as you also benefit from the Clubcard savings.

lucgeo

8-) so that's the policy section that dictates the use of colleague shop and reduced items  :thumbup:

So if neil210 has put aside a non reduced product, for purchasing en route to leaving the store at the end of shift, is there any policy which directly covers this scenario, in as much as 'no colleague must put any product aside for later purchase at any time'?

Indeed, it's was always a verbal understanding in the store I worked at, but never rigorously followed, as all colleagues up to SM would have their hidey holes for mainly RTC hardware! Or there would be a flurry of activity as someone clocked a hugely discounted product, usually a pricing error or serious overstock, and colleagues raced to purchase before HO realised their mistake!
It was a perk of the job, but occasionally a memo would go round saying not to, as stashed items would be found forgotten about! But I cannot recall ever being shown it as policy, or it mentioned in any training  ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk