News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:15AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 274
Total: 277

Food Stock Managers

Started by beentheredoneit, 01-10-19, 08:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lackofinterest

if you are offered a similar role without loss of hours or pay and same shifts then they don't have to pay you redundancy. if they can only offer mickey mouse hours and/or shifts you don't want then dismissal would be unfair. in my opinion you'd win at a tribunal. redundancy not offered for one reason and one reason only.

[admin]Edited. Nomad[/admin]

stockstaffreduction

Quote from: coffeemate on 09-10-19, 08:54PM
There will be no offer of redundancy. If after 6 months you have not accepted another role you have been offered you will be dismissed from the company.

I would be very interested to know where you have obtained this piece of information from.
There are still a good number of Food Stock Managers who are not prepared to move.
I can see the People Team busy in 2020 attending a large number of Employment Tribunals.

Paranoid pariah

See now I'm a Stock and Admin Manager and have had this conversation with my manager and have been told it's me going. Very Fishy

DJL

Quote from: coffeemate on 09-10-19, 08:54PM
There will be no offer of redundancy. If after 6 months you have not accepted another role you have been offered you will be dismissed from the company.
Totally incorrect, both legally speaking and company process!

The offered role must be 'suitable' as mentioned, a tribunal would find in favour of the complainer

Redshoes

In the metro structure change people were job matched. If you turn down the job that was offered you did put yourself into the category of being dismissed. It was accept the job you have been offered or not. It was not a choice off accept this or one of the other roles that are available in the store or area.
With the stock control manager change, are they tracking jobs as they come up and are turned down? If you are being monitored on this I think it's unfair, the job is either gone now or not and as soft change implies it is not forced. Until it's forced you can not have not moving held against you but if you really don't want redundancy you should not try and cling onto a job you have been told is going.

NightAndDay

Tesco has been caught out in the "soft structure change" arguement before where an employment tribunal decreed that not only was the consultation process and disciplinary metered out for not accepting tye changes ridiculous, but the the addition of the responsibilities of another management role added to the existimg one going through the change did not meet the definition of "soft structure change".

As for rejecting jobs offered to you, the law still has the last say on this, specifically around "reasonable" redeployment.

Mildew

Quote from: DJL on 10-10-19, 07:06PM
Quote from: coffeemate link=topic=17075.msg233771#msg233771
date=1570650875

The offered role must be 'suitable' as mentioned, a tribunal would find in favour of the complainer
I now have a grievance pending a hearing on this situation.

Wirey2020

[gmod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/gmod]

Any idea who is hearing it? People partner or lead people partner?

Mildew

[gmod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/gmod]

Waiting to hear . ...

coffeemate

This information is correct, I have been informed by the people partner. Yes Tesco have to offer you a suitable alternative but all team manager roles are suitable as long as they are within a reasonable distance.

Wirey2020

Diminishing of workload ?
In my PLACE of work (not the wider business) ?

stockstaffreduction

Have you had this conversation recorded on paper?
If my People Partner said this to me, I would want it recorded in an meeting with my union rep present.

Quote from: coffeemate on 11-10-19, 10:16AM
This information is correct, I have been informed by the people partner. Yes Tesco have to offer you a suitable alternative but all team manager roles are suitable as long as they are within a reasonable distance.

Srgd2170

Quote from: Mildew on 11-10-19, 08:17AM
Quote from: DJL on 10-10-19, 07:06PM
Quote from: coffeemate link=topic=17075.msg233771#msg233771
date=1570650875

I now have a grievance pending a hearing on this situation.

Who have you taken the grievance out on out of interest and how did you word it??

DJL

Quote from: coffeemate on 11-10-19, 10:16AM

No they are not!!  Just to be clear, what you are suggesting is a manager should be made to do any manager role, because they are classed as a 'manager?'

I would like to point out if this was followed, a tribunal would find in favour of a complainer should an alternative not be deemed as 'suitable' as it is individual to the person, not the role!  You can't say somebody who works days can be 'suitably' made to work nights, or even twighlight for that matter!

Away and have a work with yourself!

lucgeo

8-) along the same lines as a CA could only be job matched to their own department, even though their contract would state they are a CUSTOMER ASSISTANT. Then they had the choice to apply for alternative roles within the store, or other store's vacancies, or take redundancy. Same principle, but different standards for management ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

NightAndDay

The 4 main criterias a judge will look on is Pay, location, hours of work and differences in the role,  for pay and location, unless the employee is willing to move further away from home to work, then any longer commute would likely mean increased cost on travel and less time to spend at home, where possible, the employer should look to re-deploy current employees to other stores equidistant or closer to where they live, they should not be out of pocket on either pay or location.

Hours should both be the same as is in previous role and should not conflict with an employees availability (if it does then further probing would be made to ascertain why said employee is unavailable, if it's for a reason such as not wanting to work lates, then the judge won't look favourably on that.)

The last criteria is the one that Tesco is trying to hornshoe in as "soft structure changes" if the judge were to be presented with role packs of the previous role and new role. They would deem the additional responsibilities of a now redundant manager role being added to another managers role is not a "soft structure change" (I've not seen this phrase being used anywhere else before it does seem that it's just Tesco trying to get out of paying people redundancy).

Likewise other aspects such as skilled elements of responsibilities etc will also be taken into account on whether the role is suitable.

Wirey2020

Anyone been offered/forced into the Stock & Admin role?

fatboy

Can you be made to work hours outside you're availability window.

lucgeo

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

In the loop 1.

Been told recently the job is now merged into one. I'll wait for redundancy thanks.

Wirey2020

Sc666

How is this an informal soft change with the role going and no redundancy being offered?

biggerpicture

I really don't understand why it's not a redundancy situation.
I'm in the same situation and don't want another department or a different shop.

Wirey2020

For those of you who are unhappy or feeling forced and pushed..request to fill in a legal pack from the union.

DJL

Said it before, will say again, along with the others who have noted the same facts following their conversations with store manager;

The role is being removed
The 'affected' managers are being given a lengthy opportunity to apply for another role
Nobody is being forced, if they are, every conversation must be recorded for tribunal claim
The 'affected' managers will be offered 'suitable' alternative
        This 'suitable' alternative is down to the persons circumstances
        A manager will not be given a manager role for the sake of 'being an manager'
After the 6 month timescale those left will be asked to leave

Wait it out, no need to contact legal professionals, this will just cost a fortune
if you are in the union leave, what good are they to managers?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk