Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-06-18, 08:37PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 76946
  • Total Topics: 1600
  • Online Today: 129
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Pay rise  (Read 81811 times)

Hammer10

• Know All
Re: Pay rise
« Reply #425 on: 12-11-17, 04:12PM »
Time for stores to have the vote back for pay rises.Not left to 12 people who are probably in tesco pocket.

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #426 on: 12-11-17, 04:26PM »
It will never happen. It's sewn up too well for Tesco to let that go back to the stores.

Would be easier going back in time and sabotaging the Partnership agreement.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Hammer10

• Know All
« Reply #427 on: 12-11-17, 06:14PM »
Totally agree let's pray for a good outcome in the next fortnight.

Rodney

« Reply #428 on: 12-11-17, 06:34PM »
Yes it was so it works out at 1.8% for the legacy contract  and 2.1% for the new contracts. Considering inflation is running at 3% I think this offer is pathetic.

I think you will find it is more than 2.1% for new contract

Warehouse would be more than 2.5%

New drivers would be close to that as well

Is it not right to bring everyone in line?

belfast driver

« Reply #429 on: 12-11-17, 06:49PM »
They'll never bring everyone in line. Divide and conquer is how this company works.
4 out of 7 will do me

Rikki666

« Reply #430 on: 14-11-17, 06:46AM »
What about the skilled payments due to be spoke about this week ,

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #431 on: 14-11-17, 09:11AM »
Avonmouth DC used to be one of Tesco top DC's . Not any more. It's a shambles. No staff . No morale. It will fall apart at Christmas for sure. And why . Wages are poor and staff are leaving in droves. Competitor DC's around Avonmouth are paying more so Avonmouth cannot recruit. Dave Lewis and Matt Davies really do need to get there head from up there backsides and get a grip with the real world.

Yes Avonmouth is sinking more and more. No one want to work there as everyone around pays much much much more. But one positive is that we are receiving small fresh delivery to our store :D. Produce (3 aisles)  is literally empty in some mornings. Grocery delivery  is not affected that much but fresh is worst than bad.

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #432 on: 14-11-17, 12:58PM »
It will never happen. It's sewn up too well for Tesco to let that go back to the stores.

Would be easier going back in time and sabotaging the Partnership agreement.

I don’t think it’s impossible, if I were in retail and enough members pushed for it I would escalate it through the process, it’s a privilege that the partnership Has been given, like everything else if it no longer serves a purpose then it can and should be revisited. Times, processes, legislation have evolved significantly since the right was handed to the partnership.

The partnership itself looks at other historic principles and practices that are no longer practical for their relevant reasons, premium/overtime payments, contract types, multi skilling are all being revised to move with the times, the approach has to be consistent, if enough of a majority want it revisited it should be. If enough are persistent in pressing, how could revisiting the principle at least be denied?

You have a process that brings to the table ideas or principles of change to agreed historical practices that may have only been conceived by one or two or may be even a dozen senior managers, it is discussed and agreed even though tens of thousands may be negatively affected.

Yet it is believed that if tens of thousands of people have a concern about a historical practice that concerns the position of a statutory right and that a historical agreed practice is becoming too damaging to those it concerns, it some how can’t be changed because it is historically agreed!!!

The Irony !!!!

Changes are being made because Historical argreed practices have now become too costly!!!!

The principle concern that historical practices have become too costly is rife! It is a major player in decision making, it is already being practiced, it is already a grounded and practiced mentality.

It’s all about focus and direction.

So on that principle and when discussed in the same context as other calls for change to that which is historically agreed, they would be hard pushed to deny at least a revisit to the historical agreement of where the consent to agree should now sit.

The process would have to listen if it was pushed hard enough.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #433 on: 14-11-17, 02:22PM »
And people have been talking all the while about "pushing the process" through yet it gets nowhere. Exactly the reason why Tesco would never offer up the Partnership Agreement to be amended, it's works too well for them and there is no viable opposition against it.

Distribution have an invaluable right to vote on Pay and it seems that the process may well work in this Sector however it is all but non existent in the store format.

The only way (and it is my opinion) to bring the Partnership Agreement towards any amendment/abolition is physical action eg. Unofficial strikes. This proved to get a reaction in Ireland (although balloted through Mandate) and it would be the only way to get it in the UK stores.

« Last Edit: 14-11-17, 02:24PM by Equalizer87 »
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

redcar renegade

• Know All
« Reply #434 on: 14-11-17, 06:10PM »
 Middlesbrough D.C Had a pay brief today oooh we got two choices which are:
23.5p from July backdated then another 1% from march  or
23.p for 2017 then 28.2p for 2018  guaranteed.

Rodney

« Reply #435 on: 16-11-17, 10:46AM »
Avonmouth DC used to be one of Tesco top DC's . Not any more. It's a shambles. No staff . No morale. It will fall apart at Christmas for sure. And why . Wages are poor and staff are leaving in droves. Competitor DC's around Avonmouth are paying more so Avonmouth cannot recruit. Dave Lewis and Matt Davies really do need to get there head from up there backsides and get a grip with the real world.

Yes Avonmouth is sinking more and more. No one want to work there as everyone around pays much much much more. But one positive is that we are receiving small fresh delivery to our store :D. Produce (3 aisles)  is literally empty in some mornings. Grocery delivery  is not affected that much but fresh is worst than bad.

So if Avonmouth is not at the right rate for the area what would the shop floor accept this year? Put a number on it?

Retrokid

• Smart Arse
« Reply #436 on: 20-11-17, 01:00AM »
Tesco pay team told reps they acknowledge rate in area in warehouses is over 10 pound an hour. Asdas are well over that. Avonmouth warehouse get paid £8-96.
Company acknowledged they are well over £1 an hour off other dcs in area but they offer 20 odd pence. Right insult. They did up it slightly more but then reps said they screwed old drivers over on overtime rates so drivers would block any vote anyway. Old tesco staff couldn't care less as they have protected pay from Chepstow. It's a right mess. Can't ever see pay claim being settled. And they wonder why they can't keep new starters.

dazzle

« Reply #437 on: 20-11-17, 02:48AM »
Does anybody know the hourly rate or salary for hgv driving  at Reading dc I  see jobs advertised

Rigger

« Reply #438 on: 20-11-17, 05:13AM »
£11.51 at the moment

Rodney

« Reply #439 on: 20-11-17, 07:38AM »
Tesco pay team told reps they acknowledge rate in area in warehouses is over 10 pound an hour. Asdas are well over that. Avonmouth warehouse get paid £8-96.
Company acknowledged they are well over £1 an hour off other dcs in area but they offer 20 odd pence. Right insult. They did up it slightly more but then reps said they screwed old drivers over on overtime rates so drivers would block any vote anyway. Old tesco staff couldn't care less as they have protected pay from Chepstow. It's a right mess. Can't ever see pay claim being settled. And they wonder why they can't keep new starters.

Well there are two statements you made in your reply above that are totally untrue so I guess your reps are leading you up the garden path instead of letting the shopfloor decide on the deal

Retrokid

• Smart Arse
« Reply #440 on: 20-11-17, 01:53PM »
Not been led up garden path Rodney. Offered 2.5 % now. Plus extra 19p an hour and 1% next march if union recommend it. If they don't it's back to 2-5% so im right 20odd p an hour. It's not good when Tesco say you should be over £10 but your not having it. Also guys on protection pay from Chepstow are protected for life until pay catches up. Some of the guys I work with have hundreds of pounds protection so new starters will never catch up. Totally unfair . Divide and conquer workforce. I asked my reps to put offer on union board for staff to read. Was told they cannot as statement that came from director after pay talks states not to be broadcast. Director don't even want staff to know what's being offered. If information is wrong then that's company fault. Keep staff updated and put on notice boards.

baldeagle

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #441 on: 20-11-17, 02:16PM »
Dagenham rejected 2.5%. Thurrock accepted 3% these two DCs  about 6 miles apart.Divide and conquer?.  Welsh-Hugh after 40 years of work I have never heard of a pay deal being put on a notice board for all to see.

Retrokid

• Smart Arse
« Reply #442 on: 20-11-17, 03:11PM »
Baldeagle pleased you accepted your pay rise. But I doubt your on. Paltry 8-96 an hour. Why did Thurrock get more than Dagenham if they're only 6 miles apart. That's divide on conquer. Or  was it a case Dagenham are on more money than Thurrock and the extra was used to make up the hourly rate so both depots are on same hourly rate.
What is hourly rate in Thurrock and Dagenham?
« Last Edit: 20-11-17, 03:13PM by Welsh-Hugh »

baldeagle

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #443 on: 20-11-17, 03:50PM »
Cant give full details, I worked at another DC. Most staff at Thurrock would be on more than Dagenham!. But Dagenhams rejection as I understand it was based on not getting parity with other depots. Sorry I missed a NOT out of my last post you should be seeing your full offer in writing.

Retrokid

• Smart Arse
« Reply #444 on: 20-11-17, 04:06PM »
Your right there. Never known pay talks before where company don't want talks to be broadcast. Apparently that demand came from director dealing with Avonmouth.
Where Tesco have messed up this year is some bright spark in distribution hierarchy told DC's where they should be compared to other DCs in area. Then by the way your not having it. Some aspiration rate or something. That has really p"""""d DC's off. If that guy is still in a job I would be flabbergasted. The monumental c**k up of all time

dogslave

« Reply #445 on: 20-11-17, 05:00PM »
I left in April from Chesterfield when they finally put us out of our misery. Best thing that could have happened to us. Plenty of jobs out there and I am on more money than Tosco paid. When in the new year they shut more dcs look forward to working somewhere better and take the redundancy.
Used to a go place to work, now one of the worse places to work.

js0378

« Reply #446 on: 20-11-17, 07:07PM »
Does anyone know the skilled rate pay yet please ??

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #447 on: 20-11-17, 08:48PM »
Skilled?  ;D

Rodney

« Reply #448 on: 20-11-17, 10:36PM »
Dagenham rejected 2.5%. Thurrock accepted 3% these two DCs  about 6 miles apart.Divide and conquer?.  Welsh-Hugh after 40 years of work I have never heard of a pay deal being put on a notice board for all to see.

Thurrock never accepted 3%??

Rodney

« Reply #449 on: 20-11-17, 10:38PM »
Not been led up garden path Rodney. Offered 2.5 % now. Plus extra 19p an hour and 1% next march if union recommend it. If they don't it's back to 2-5% so im right 20odd p an hour. It's not good when Tesco say you should be over £10 but your not having it. Also guys on protection pay from Chepstow are protected for life until pay catches up. Some of the guys I work with have hundreds of pounds protection so new starters will never catch up. Totally unfair . Divide and conquer workforce. I asked my reps to put offer on union board for staff to read. Was told they cannot as statement that came from director after pay talks states not to be broadcast. Director don't even want staff to know what's being offered. If information is wrong then that's company fault. Keep staff updated and put on notice boards.

Tesco has never said you “should” be on £10....plus looking back at your post, you said Tesco screwed old Drivers? In what way?