Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
15-12-18, 09:07PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 81724
  • Total Topics: 1708
  • Online Today: 137
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 75
Total: 78

Author Topic: New Tesco advert.  (Read 7351 times)

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
Re: New Tesco advert.
« Reply #50 on: 14-11-17, 08:31AM »
When I first watched advert , I just saw lots of people going to friends houses for dinner celebrations and general festivities . Just lots of people , only when all the controversy started did I notice muslin guests . Do people actually look for things to take offence at now , there is enough division in the world at the minute why shouldn't we celebrate our differences ? I love to go to occasions of different faiths , countries or cultures , why shouldn't other people ?

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #51 on: 14-11-17, 09:10AM »
Agreed  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

@ notsofunny

You are talking out your backside. There isn't an obligation to go to Church at all, if a Church leader says you must it is simply their opinion. Their own book says you can worship where ever.

Yes the Armed Forces have mass where ever they can and that is a perfect example of how the Christian faith don't need a church building to hold ritual.

Actually Christ was baptised by an Angel from heaven if you believe the Bible.

As for the British values bit I'll clear that up for you. You talk of having to believe Christian Values making you a Christian, then to be British you must live by British values then ( if we take your thoughts on how you classify yourself).
There are Christian who  call themselves Christians yet never stood in a Church or live by the values but identify themselves as such. What right have you to declare someone isn't a a Christian if they consider themselves such??
« Last Edit: 14-11-17, 09:24AM by Equalizer87 »
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #52 on: 14-11-17, 09:13AM »
 :thumbup:

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #53 on: 14-11-17, 09:54AM »
Just lots of people , only when all the contraversy started did I notice muslin guests
I cannot even seen any obviously Muslim people in that advert.   8-)
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #54 on: 14-11-17, 01:49PM »
Agreed  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

@ notsofunny

You are talking out your backside. There isn't an obligation to go to Church at all, if a Church leader says you must it is simply their opinion. Their own book says you can worship where ever.

Yes the Armed Forces have mass where ever they can and that is a perfect example of how the Christian faith don't need a church building to hold ritual.

Actually Christ was baptised by an Angel from heaven if you believe the Bible.

As for the British values bit I'll clear that up for you. You talk of having to believe Christian Values making you a Christian, then to be British you must live by British values then ( if we take your thoughts on how you classify yourself).
There are Christian who  call themselves Christians yet never stood in a Church or live by the values but identify themselves as such. What right have you to declare someone isn't a a Christian if they consider themselves such??

Thanks for the back side remark ... 8-)

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #55 on: 14-11-17, 02:03PM »
Your welcome  :thumbup:
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

OpShunned

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #56 on: 15-11-17, 09:08PM »
Focus shifts from Tesco as christians are up in arms over the news that Greggs have replaced the messiah with a sausage ;D :D :D >:D >:D :( :o :( roll

Greggs has apologised for a Christmas advert that replaced the baby Jesus with a sausage roll in a traditional nativity scene.

The offending image shows the Three Wise Men surrounding one of Greggs' trademark sausage rolls, rather than the newborn Jesus.

https://news.sky.com/story/greggs-sorry-for-replacing-jesus-with-sausage-roll-in-christmas-advert-11127675
« Last Edit: 15-11-17, 09:09PM by OpShunned »

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #57 on: 15-11-17, 09:19PM »
@OpShunned we are becoming a more humourless society with each passing day. I for one found the Greggs pasty nativity advert was very amusing. :( :( :( :(
The worlds me lobster

OpShunned

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #58 on: 15-11-17, 09:29PM »
Is the Greggs' sausage Roll becoming more venerated in secular  society than the messiah?

Judging by the waistlines of many it could certainly be a topic of discussion.

I imagine the three wise men bringing gifts of flaky pastry, sausage meat and vegetable oil  8-)

Mary and Joseph, themselves devout steak-bake worshipers at the oven side. 

Mackey01

« Reply #59 on: 16-11-17, 12:23AM »
Sorry not related but can anyone help i cannot work out how to post a new thread!!

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #60 on: 16-11-17, 06:28AM »
^ You have to be a supporter to be able to post your own new topics - http://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?page=15

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #61 on: 16-11-17, 08:25AM »
Just another example of people looking to be "offernded".

I have to agree with Mexicopete, humour is just being ducked out of daily life.

If a sausage roll was being venerated it is a problem?? Is a religion worth more veneration when blood has been spilt in it name?

Can't remember the last time a Sausage Roll caused a conflict  ;D

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #62 on: 16-11-17, 09:50AM »
I agree, something like this would not have caused an issue amongst Christians in the past, seems to me some people are simply jumping on the ‘offended’ bandwagon, nothing more than pretentious virtue signalling - interestingly, it is Jews who really should take offence since presenting the messiah - a Jew - as a pork product really isn’t on, yet Anti Semitism UK have declined to comment. So I don’t think it’s Christians who are offended, I think it’s just the usual moral crusaders who believe they are acting on everybody else’s behalf.

PETE_M

« Reply #63 on: 16-11-17, 12:22PM »
From what I've seen on twitter, those offended are either the 'professionally' offended or those wanting to stir up sh*t.

The ones who really don't like the Tesco ad seem to have rather strange shallow bios and odd tweeting history, lots of alt-right brexity tweets but nut much normal stuff. While they claim to live Nottingham, I suspect its a bot operated by a friend of Putin lol.

On the other hand, those with a more 'normal' twitter feed seem to have opinions ranging from "its only a bl**dy advert" to "so now your complaining Muslims are integrating/why cant they enjoy Christmas"....

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #64 on: 16-11-17, 01:00PM »
I agree, something like this would not have caused an issue amongst Christians in the past, seems to me some people are simply jumping on the ‘offended’ bandwagon, nothing more than pretentious virtue signalling - interestingly, it is Jews who really should take offence since presenting the messiah - a Jew - as a pork product really isn’t on, yet Anti Semitism UK have declined to comment. So I don’t think it’s Christians who are offended, I think it’s just the usual moral crusaders who believe they are acting on everybody else’s behalf.

Doubt there is much pork in a Greggs sausage roll mind Ovasees. ;) ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D
The worlds me lobster

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #65 on: 16-11-17, 01:17PM »
 :D :D

fargone

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #66 on: 16-11-17, 02:51PM »
Greggs wouldn’t have run an advert at Ramadan, featuring Muhammad.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #67 on: 16-11-17, 07:35PM »
I've always found that the P.C. brigade, are usually a humourless bunch, who speak for those who aren't really bothered, because they don't have an interesting enough life of their own, most have very plain features, few friends and appalling dress sense :(
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #68 on: 16-11-17, 08:08PM »
"they don't have an interesting enough life of their own, most have very plain features, few friends and appalling dress sense"

Other than that their nice people  ;D  :)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #69 on: 16-11-17, 08:22PM »
I was being P.C. I really wanted to say, boring, ugly, lonely and drab, but I didn't  :-X :D
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #70 on: 16-11-17, 08:46PM »
Yeah and if they are managers you omitted lazy and fat from your list @lucgeo. :-X :-X :-X
The worlds me lobster