News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:52PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 286
Total: 289

Investigatory

Started by dfl, 04-01-17, 05:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfl

Hi,
I've seen several comments here where people are asking if they should be given notice to attend an investigatory meeting, some say no letter or notice is require but i also noticed Loki on here who seems extremely knowledgeable and helpful posted that there should be a letter sent giving at least 24 hrs notice, does anyone know what is fact on this subject.

Thanks.
DFL

Expressdude2016

Hi DFL 

No there is no notice nor a letter required for an investigatory meeting as this meeting is a fact finding meeting. You can find out about it all at ourtesco in people policies section.  The person accused of wrong doing may ask for further time or meeting as can the person doing investigatory. Time scales are to do it within 14 days however may take longer.

https://www.ourtesco.com/working-at-tesco/people-policies/job-career/disciplinary-2016/

https://cdn.ourtesco.com/2016/05/Investigation-checklist-May16.pdf

dfl

Section 5 of the checklist is as follows:-

Send a letter inviting the colleague to an investigation meeting (24 hours' notice)

Comments ?
DFL

Expressdude2016

Only comment is I have egg on my face and an idiot.  Yes letter and 24 hrs notice is given

dfl

Sorry didn't mean to pick you up on that if that is how I came across, just noticed it upon reading it. Very grateful you took the time to reply. Thank you and have a nice new year.
DFL

dfl

If investigatory involves a complaint against a colleague and there had been more than one occasion, no witnesses, colleagues word against member of public, outcome in my honest opinion should be no action and this is where it gets interesting, an investigatory is decided on the balance of probabilities and I get that, whether I agree with it or not is a different story.  However if tesco take word of public over employees isn't the employer then breaching an actual contractual term with the employee of the duty of care type.
DFL

sep1985

Quote from: dfl on 04-01-17, 05:24AM
Hi,
I've seen several comments here where people are asking if they should be given notice to attend an investigatory meeting, some say no letter or notice is require but i also noticed Loki on here who seems extremely knowledgeable and helpful posted that there should be a letter sent giving at least 24 hrs notice, does anyone know what is fact on this subject.

Thanks.

In line with new policies, you MUST get a letter inviting you to attend an investigation meeting stating the time and place and who it's with

avfc82

A colleague of mine has been given a letter giving her notice of an investigatory meeting but the meeting has been arranged on her day off?  Is this allowed and if she agrees should she be paid for her time at the meeting?

Expressdude2016

It should be held in work time. Yes if they agree they should clockin and make sure they get paid. I would tell them no and it must be re arranged for her contracted shifts.

avfc82

Thanks,  should the meeting be held within a time period.  The incident happened 3 weeks ago?  But also in this time she has been off sick for 3 days and also on holiday?

Expressdude2016

Theres no specific time period for commencement of investigatory but should be as soon as possible but holidays and sickness would be mitigating circumstances for delay. Once started it should be completed within 14 days. see link below

https://cdn.ourtesco.com/2016/04/02164645/Disciplinary-Policy-Jan17_V3.1.pdf

Cheekymonkey007

Hi express dude ... seems like I'm stalking you, but, lol - do you have any link to show that any holidays owed after April are to be carried over ...I can't see any 🙄
Cheeky monkey

Expressdude2016

LOL   Nope but because you return mid march then it would not be possible for you to take your holidays and as your not on it at end of march then they wouldn't pay it so they should carry these over. Best speak to your SM or APM..

Cheekymonkey007

Cheeky monkey

Expressdude2016

Cheekymonkey007

Thanks ... again, I really value your input on here, more than this David 1 .. whom everyone raves about! X
Cheeky monkey

Expressdude2016

Cheekymonkey007

Your clued up .. ? We obvs only leak what we are told but I'm sceptical about this DM removal express dude .. I've been told 100% it's going, but is it just to make uncertainty and newbies jump ship???... which would not create the ideal redundancy package for Dave, most deputy I know In express are transferred from bigger stores trying to get to SM
... the funniest bit for me is the SMs who know nothing about their store -and will
Now have no DM to blame it on ! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🎂
Cheeky monkey

Cheekymonkey007

Anyone in this position ?
Cheeky monkey

BossHog89

I need some advice. One of the other team supports at work is getting investigated. One of the checkout staff made a complaint against him, the DM and SM reviewed his entire shift and wrote down every little rule bend he made throughout the day. This reviewing of CCTV was done based on a verbal complaint, then only afterwards with a big list they took the complaint formally with a note taker. Is any of this allowed?

optout

It is not acceptable.

contact/complain here for maximum effect

https://ico.org.uk/
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Daredevil

Cctv must not be used to review performance etc.Security and protection purposes only !

Equalizer87

Tell them to get the ICO involved as provided in a previous post. Tell them the entirety of the breach and the fact your colleague is being investigated with the footage.

£250,000 fine if it's proven to be the case and a sore arse for the SM responsible too.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

JL

Investigatory  ;D

Let Tosco prove your guilt  :D

Katvalo

I'm in need of some clarity. I was invited to an investigatory meeting with less than 24 hours notice, I was then sent a WhatsApp message later that evening telling me the time of the meeting needed to be changed. I never received a letter for this. Now I know this is against investigatory process but what I'm unsure of is during a meeting when it's adjourned is it now the investigating manager and note taker that now need to leave the room as this also didn't happen. It's now gone to a disciplinary meeting and I feel that the whole process hasn't been completed correctly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk