News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 01:08PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 281
Total: 288

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar

Union dropped a email. Can't copy it as its disappeared but all on track. You can differ it back till 22 August, and join the temporary ranks. Obviously job would depend.

Longtimeserved

I was looking to copy the email , like you say its disappeared.

Baker4life

So if union have dropped an email I take it Tesco will tell all affected staff from tomorrow!!!

Notmyname

We've been told official today that they are still going ahead with the changes it has not been put back or on hold
Redundancy will still be on the  2 of may but you will have a choice to stay until August 22 I think, but on another department,if needed you would be asked to work in the bakery

cheesy cob

Can u take voluntary redundancy

jonty

No you can't.

Mennsa

No voluntary redundancy as it may upset people who don't get it.

Jethro

So still get redundancy pay end of May, but then get the option sign temp contract til end of August?

polar

No, wouldn't thought so. More like, finish May, go temp. The end of August receive redundancy. But could be wrong of course, strange times we are in.

Jethro

Strange times indeed !!

Notmyname

Yeah if you stay until August that's when you get your redundancy

Baker4life

Suppose depends if you already have a job lined up or not. But I would be tempted to just take the wedge in May

BakerBum

sod that .. email disappeared lol poof ??? has anyone got any actual proof this is postponed or not?

Secret1972

Baker in store was took in today. Its different for packers none was took in

Oldman

Has anyone had 121 meetings yet not ones that are going 100% partbake but those that are just reducing range ? Any info would be great

Delly

No meetings at my shop no information  at all why don't they bring it forward at least for the people in 12 week isolation  i.e. me.
Its unfair to put people in a worrying situation (redundancy) with  what's  going on in the world, at present if people want to be made redundant and enjoy their life while they can then the right thing should be done.  The lack of information is out of order be safe.

cheesy cob

Got a meeting today just been told .2 full time and a parttime jobs one 5am one 8am and a 6pm finish

Baker4life

Cheesy cob what size store you at and are you going part bake or full bake off. So far heard jack s***.

cheesy cob

Superstore going part bake, just doing white

BakerBum

:( Today i have been given the job list for the new roles and i feel sick... they want so much from such little staff.. i need advice, if i've been baking all these years and now they want over half my job to packing. Is that a like for like job or can i turn it down and take redundo

Paulie

Don't worry or panic over your role, just do what you can. Whatever is left just pass onto your manager to pick the pieces.

With the new information coming through can bakers state what type of bakery you are with your job roles just to help others have a clearer picture with different types of bakery set ups.

lucgeo

Quote from: BakerBum on 26-03-20, 12:04PM
:( Today i have been given the job list for the new roles and i feel sick... they want so much from such little staff.. i need advice, if i've been baking all these years and now they want over half my job to packing. Is that a like for like job or can i turn it down and take redundo

It all hangs on whether they're saying you've been job matched?
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

BakerBum

scratch store going white only, and yeah im being matched to the hours avail .. its just about 50% of what i would be doing is just packing stuff where as now i barely pack anything

Quote from: Paulie on 26-03-20, 12:24PM
Don't worry or panic over your role, just do what you can. Whatever is left just pass onto your manager to pick the pieces.

wouldn't that mean im not suited to the job then though and they would have the grounds to manage me and say you should be getting this done because this guideline says that it should only take this long ?

lucgeo

If you've been job matched, then redundancy is not an option.
The time allocating for each task, is never right, and if you are struggling to acheive it, there are a number of options.
You may find that the feedback from most stores is that the tasking is unachievable. Is the new role specifically giving timescales for each task. e.g. Baking 8-12, packing 1-5? If that is the case, you would adhere to that rota...therefore if a baker was on holiday, they should not ask you to cover that shift instead of the packing shift, as, I am of the belief, that would be against the redundancy guidelines, as they have declared that you are not required for that shift so they would need to cover it with overtime. It could be reviewed after six months.
There is also the capability study request.
Also a conduct V's capability meetings.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Jethro

Has anyone else heard about those who have received their redundancy calculation being given the option to stay a few months then ? all quiet in our store.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk