News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:20PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucgeo

They can't just job match you AND take hours off you!  If they job match you, it must be to your current hours/days contract.
You can be offered protected pay on a drop in hours, but it is an offer, you don't have to accept.
If they can't match your availability, then it is a redundancy situation.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Samuel137

So what will happen if they match your hours but not as a skilled position?
Do you have a choice not to take protected pay?

lucgeo

Scroll back to previous page...Nomad answer # 983.  :thumbup:

Samuel137

Quote from: lucgeo on 28-03-20, 09:46PM
Scroll back to previous page...Nomad answer # 983.  :thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Hammer10

Well all those jobs for one person won’t get done especially when you have bakeries taking 10000 plus .

Oldman

Quote from: Hammer10 on 29-03-20, 12:55AM
Well all those jobs for one person won’t get done especially when you have bakeries taking 10000 plus .
think that's their plan after six months they will decide to either reinstate bakeries or shut completely and go 100% to part bake if they can job match a lot out of bakeries now in six months the cost of redundancy will be a lot less

Hand Made

Has any 1 yet got any information on what the shifts are going to be? The only 1 I think is a dead cert is the 3am start

jgerry

Lucgeo- I was told that if they can match my hours on my availability form then it's a match and that it doesn't have to be my current hours or day off. Is that true?

BakerBum

Quote from: Hand Made on 29-03-20, 12:13PM
Has any 1 yet got any information on what the shifts are going to be? The only 1 I think is a dead cert is the 3am start

sorry i forgot to say...
Colleague 1,    3-5am depending on dotcom..
Colleague 2,    start time as a guide 8am
Pm colleague,  start time as required but shift end time is 6pm

Quote from: Hammer10 on 29-03-20, 12:55AM

and yeah i figured that too, busy times aren't gonna exist now. As the beings from above have packed the shift with so much.. there is gonna have to be a standard amount done daily and that is all .. unless busy stores get more day bakers for constant roll and more retar;d bread, french

Mennsa

I'm guessing 3am starts have night crew and dot com. We have dotcom but no night crew so we've only heard about 5am starts.

Hammer10

Gone will be the days of 16 racks of soft roll and 10 racks of hot cross  .As well as the all the white which some days are 16 bags,8 bags of french.

Secret1972

Does anybody know the new structure for part bake bakeries. And how many hours been offered

BakerBum

Quote from: Hammer10 on 29-03-20, 02:08PM
Gone will be the days of 16 racks of soft roll and 10 racks of hot cross  .As well as the all the white which some days are 16 bags,8 bags of french.

gonna be some empty shelves. But if bakery closes at 6pm .. guess it doesn't matter .. im guessing they are trickling us down year after year until there is no skill and its like lidl/aldi.. semi skill baker is no more so it makes sense for the year on year plan to minimise staff and scratch production

smithers

Canteens all over again

kaled78

with social distancing and fewer customers allowed in during the day,our bakery has lost most of it's sales,and most of whatr they produced last week went to the local food banks,our bakers are like are stuck in limbo,like throughout the company

cheesy cob

Won't be able to take orders on soft rolls when the bbq session starts as will only have 1 Baker making limited amount and limited lines. I guess it will when it's gone it's gone

lucgeo

Advertising for a mechanic technician for bakery and canteen machinery on a temp 6 month contract in my area? Unsure if this is of any significance to the bakery restructuring?

Delly

Dont no about that one?
But I thought  no baker is supposed  to start befor 5am

cheesy cob

Mennsa

Cheesy cob do you have night crew as well?

Delly

We have night crow  and no dot com :

cheesy cob

No night crew or dotcom .we have been informed 5am ,8am and a late but got to be done by 6pm no start time yet on 6pm finish

Delly

So we have night crew  but no dot com
Any news on that we where told no one to start befor 5 am and no one in bakery  after 6pm we were  told this when the news first hit.
I wish people talked more and feed the correct  info it's a worrying  time for all just wont to no what's happening  with jobs

BakerBum

Delly, just read back up this page. I have the sheet in front of me and this is word for word.

Quote from: BakerBum on 29-03-20, 01:45PM
sorry i forgot to say...
Colleague 1,    3-5am depending on dotcom..
Colleague 2,    start time as a guide 8am
Pm colleague,  start time as required but shift end time is 6pm

It will be store specific. dot com will be a factor. The store im from doesn't do dot-com and its gonna 3am start i been told.. so very store specific

polar

Anyone know if there are f/t jobs being matched?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk