Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-10-17, 06:42AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 71679
  • Total Topics: 1561
  • Online Today: 109
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: ADM 2017; Union subs go up 2p per week from july 3rd (comments)  (Read 5119 times)

optout

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
page 33 of Arena mag.

"ADM AGREES
SUBS RISE

Delegates voted overwhelmingly to increase the subs by 2p a week meaning Scale A members will pay £2.36 and Scale C will pay £1.49 a week from July 3."

I think we just paid for the buffet.

Did your delegate ask your opinion, or are they all just 'winging it'?

Have the lunatics taken over the asylum?
 >:(

If we work it out that increase means approximately extra revenues for the union of £1 per member per year, or £100,000 pounds per every 100,000 members. I wonder where that extra money will go?

I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
Came out of usdaw when they agreed to cuts in premiums Feb 2016.

laughinggravy

Me too scots tie. They can stick their union. And that's coming from someone who was brought up to respect what unions can do, and has always been a member of a union.
Two opinions are better than one, especially when one of those opinions is mine

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse

Someone's got to pay for the Labour party Election costs, then the Pay rise this year for the Union workers ,  ???

OvaSees

• Know All
Makes you wonder if they supported the minimum wage so they could take some of it off us in increased subs.

TheViking

• VLH Supporter
In that case they better have got us at least a pay raise that covers the current inflation rate.. Fat chance of that me thinks...

Buckfizz

• VLH Supporter
Please tell us we are having a pay rise too  :D

Tornado

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
page 33 of Arena mag.

"ADM AGREES
SUBS RISE

Delegates voted overwhelmingly to increase the subs by 2p a week meaning Scale A members will pay £2.36 and Scale C will pay £1.49 a week from July 3."

I think we just paid for the buffet.

Did your delegate ask your opinion, or are they all just 'winging it'?

Have the lunatics taken over the asylum?
 >:(

If we work it out that increase means approximately extra revenues for the union of £1 per member per year, or £100,000 pounds per every 100,000 members. I wonder where that extra money will go?
Union it is just a symbol and a place for new opportunities to get good life. I am not saying that all people in that organizations are accommodated to that good life and ignoring the workers battles as there are people in there they still have the spirit of fighting for the worker's rights because it is their job and they do not forget they are workers as well, and they are being paid to fight for Justice and Dignity for workers in the workplace but most of them are just only an Elite with a different name.  It would be nice to see unions being taken to Tribunal by workers and being accused of negligence and indifference. 8) 

rage

I just cancelled my membership. Very quick and easy. That works out as a nice £100 pay rise/ year

Star69

I just cancelled my membership. Very quick and easy. That works out as a nice £100 pay rise/ year

You'll probably lose that 9 quid per month when taxes go up, so not a pay rise for long probably i'm afraid to say  8-)
« Last Edit: 21-06-17, 09:03PM by Star69 »

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
Still £100 better off though.Why give it to tosco and usbore ? A waste of money

snowyowl

• Smart Arse
Star69, his scots tie will still be £100 better off wont he/she? you must work for Tosco's in accountancy do you?

Star69

Well, £100 better off than if he was still in it, but not actually £100 better off when taxes go up, which sadly they are going to.

Btw, I agree though that the union is not worth paying into so well done  :thumbup:

rage

If taxes went up, I would be even worse off, including the small rise in membership, it's a hole I can't afford in my pocket

Star69

Yeah, its a real sad state of affairs for everyone and perfectly understandable, rage.  Working class are getting squeezed left right and centre.   I don't care how pretty a picture right wingers want to paint of their being a National Living Wage coming in soon.  Eveybody who works for this company deserve better treatment.  I've seen so many good friends and colleagues leaving because of how things have been going in recent years. 

Living wage, my arse!

stockrotateman

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All

Tom Hardy

• Regular Pain

snowyowl

• Smart Arse
I don't think taking yourself out of the Union is purely about the money, I think the biggest benefit is knowing that you have made a statement of independent thinking and hopefully if more colleagues join you we may get free from this charade. Usbore are without doubt taking your money (and Tosco are charging you for the privilege) under false pretenses when clearly they are nothing more than Tosco's b*tches.  >:( >:( >:( 

Arizonarugby

• Know All
If the union actually was doing a good job then the rise in the union fees could be justified, but unfortunately they aren't . Let's ask the question how many jobs have they saved since DD and his cronies started wielding the axe .... and the answer to that question is ABSOLUTELY ZERO " the next question would be how many of the premiums or contracted hours  have they protected .... again the answer is ABSOLUTELY ZERO and finally under the tenureship of John Hannet have pay, coditions actually deteriorated... ABSOLUTELY YES

darklighter

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
Cancelled my subs yesterday, they can go get stuffed!

snowyowl

• Smart Arse

Usbore will continue to do "absolutely nothing" because they are so deeply embedded in and reliant on Tosco. It's not that they are not backing or supporting you, they are clearly backing and supporting Tosco. Judge them by their record, until there is an on mass departure from membership they will not change their behaviour.  >:( >:( >:(

TheViking

• VLH Supporter
I'm out of the union, but what options do we have for joining another union, that might stand up to Tesco when negotiating pay and conditions.  I've seen to many good people leave in the past few years and all we are replacing them with is students who don't hang around.

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
I don't think taking yourself out of the Union is purely about the money, I think the biggest benefit is knowing that you have made a statement of independent thinking and hopefully if more colleagues join you we may get free from this charade. Usbore are without doubt taking your money (and Tosco are charging you for the privilege) under false pretenses when clearly they are nothing more than Tosco's b*tches.  >:( >:( >:(

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The worlds me lobster

Scruff

• Regular Pain
i think everyone needs to leave the union, hit them in the pocket

Arketti

How do you leave the union? Can you do it online at all or does it have to be done through store? Thanks