Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-12-17, 06:22AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 73678
  • Total Topics: 1612
  • Online Today: 83
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 85
Total: 91

Author Topic: General Condition of Stores  (Read 5348 times)

chris9997

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
General Condition of Stores
« on: 13-06-17, 03:11PM »
There may be increased profits/sales but just recently have noticed the overall bad condition of some expresses  eg floor tiles damaged and repaired with yellowed stripped tape broken inbuilt fridges with bits missing some items such as these can only be fixed by the company however equally some stores are badly run rubbish on floor very poor cleaning routines (staff having a nice chat though)

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
Re: General Condition of Stores
« Reply #1 on: 13-06-17, 03:22PM »
I think every store is suffering. My old store has a massive crack in the delivery yard with a large slab of concrete moving freely everytime  a wagon drives over it. It was there before I left and it still there now.

The warehouse floor had pot holes in it, so everytime you pulled a cage over one the whole thing nearly went over on top of you.

And the general stripping, labels, rusty shelves etc. Probably the same as everywhere else.
« Last Edit: 13-06-17, 03:24PM by Equalizer87 »
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

tonygunk

« Reply #2 on: 13-06-17, 06:06PM »
There is loads of mould on the back of one of the shelves I fill.  Its been there about three years it's really disgusting.  I should really clean it ;D

BrownEyedGirl

« Reply #3 on: 13-06-17, 06:58PM »
My store is looking very worn at the moment, there is a disgusting smell coming from the pet food aisle as well, I'm not going looking for it though.   8-)

OpShunned

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #4 on: 13-06-17, 07:37PM »
Do you smell a rat Browneyedgirl?

stockrotateman

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #5 on: 13-06-17, 08:27PM »
Our store had a very light refit on it's ten year anniversary, no new shelves for grocery, no new fridges for chilled or frozen dept's,they breakdown a lot.

OvaSees

• Know All
« Reply #6 on: 13-06-17, 09:07PM »
Our store is worse for wear and getting even worse over time. Staff have asked for new shelf stripping and been told there's no money for it as we can only order essential stuff like cleaning solutions in case we get an audit. On the one occasion stock control did actually order some it never turned up, they were told it wasnt available (it turned out the order was never approved because the Compliance Manager was off sick and only they had the password or something). Since nights went the shelf cleaning rota has all but vanished, I admit it wasnt that great anyway but they simply dont empty shelves for proper cleaning on twilight as the customers are in - a manager told one of the new twilight team to prioritise filling gaps so that way they wont have to be cleaned lol Freezers and fridges rarely if ever get emptied for clean as its a nightmare to do on twilight with customers in and the rota for this is way off track, no wonder they keep breaking down, there are often pools of water in the aisles where fridge drains are blocked because they havent been emptied and cleaned for so long.

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #7 on: 14-06-17, 12:04AM »
There may be increased profits/sales but just recently have noticed the overall bad condition of some expresses  eg floor tiles damaged and repaired with yellowed stripped tape broken inbuilt fridges with bits missing some items such as these can only be fixed by the company however equally some stores are badly run rubbish on floor very poor cleaning routines (staff having a nice chat though)

I don't know which area you work in, But every Group in and around the area  I live, have had  refits , I have seen at least 25 refits in the last 6 months , and Maintenance is Far far better than it used to be,

And if you are having problems with cleaning it due to Your manager not doing the Audit each week as it should be , Having said that I would say its more about how the Staff and Management keep things clean them self's, rather than any problems due to cuts,,

Thevamps

« Reply #8 on: 14-06-17, 01:49PM »
My store is filthy,you can't even scan the labels through the stripping its that bad.Its on all aisles and shelves its embarrassing.Ive never known this company so bad as it is at the moment in 25 years service,just waiting for my redundancy hopefully sooner rather than later.

JL

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 14-06-17, 02:19PM »
Condition?

whores drawers  :)

stockrotateman

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #10 on: 14-06-17, 03:03PM »
Notsofunny, where do you work north or south.

silverBlade

• Regular Pain
« Reply #11 on: 15-06-17, 02:43PM »
There is loads of mould on the back of one of the shelves I fill.  Its been there about three years it's really disgusting.  I should really clean it ;D
so why don't you clean it then?

JL

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #12 on: 15-06-17, 02:48PM »
silverBlade

You do it or shut up  ;D

Spongbob

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #13 on: 15-06-17, 04:18PM »
My store is falling down roof leaks fridges breaking down tiles broken it's freezing cold,  going back to the thirties in working conditions.

LiveMyLife

« Reply #14 on: 16-06-17, 02:59AM »
Our bakery shelves are completely f***ed, if you take a tray off like 2 of the brackets supporting the tray fall out because the holes where the ends go in are so bent and worn out.

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #15 on: 16-06-17, 04:54AM »

inside the m25 area,, But I have also been to 7 express stores outside m25 area ,, when I say done meaning striped to the bare bone and refited, new every thing , Never seen so many done in 1 year , and have no problem ordering things like striping , in fact all Expresses told to do floor walk every day and change any that are broken,, so if any Express is having problems like striping or cleaning its down to the SM and the new shift leaders not doing what they should be  8-)
Even the 4 or 5 main stores I shop in are always full and clean

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #16 on: 16-06-17, 04:59AM »
so why don't you clean it then?

If its been there 3 years that shows that the problem in that store is not new  ???

chris9997

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #17 on: 16-06-17, 09:38AM »

inside the m25 area,, But I have also been to 7 express stores outside m25 area ,, when I say done meaning striped to the bare bone and refited, new every thing , Never seen so many done in 1 year , and have no problem ordering things like striping , in fact all Expresses told to do floor walk every day and change any that are broken,, so if any Express is having problems like striping or cleaning its down to the SM and the new shift leaders not doing what they should be  8-)
Even the 4 or 5 main stores I shop in are always full and clean
There a lot of Expresses in the area where i live and a couple of superstores and a couple of extras and over time the last 6 months because i drive all over the area have been to most of them none have been refurbished desite the dire need for it,and if there are express who have had a refit it must be for a reason maybe expecting a royal visit from MD or DL.

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #18 on: 16-06-17, 10:48AM »
I would not be able to say why they have not done any in which ever area you live in. But I have never seen this many been done at this rate .. And and like I pointed out cleaning and things like striping are down to store standards And AM job.

JL

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #19 on: 16-06-17, 11:07AM »
Maybe they are doing them up so that they can sell them off to allow the Booker deal to go through.

stockrotateman

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #20 on: 16-06-17, 02:51PM »
I'm just trying to get a picture of what groups and areas that drastic is concentrating on.

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #21 on: 16-06-17, 02:58PM »
Maybe they are doing them up so that they can sell them off to allow the Booker deal to go through.

In which case it would be every store inside the M25 area, which I don't think will happen, and the planing that goes into them takes a year.  I see this as a country wide plan since I am getting told that even groups outside the M25 have had loads refuted.

Call me

• Regular Pain
« Reply #22 on: 18-06-17, 11:17PM »
It's not the store that needs a refurbishment it's the management  come to my store see it to believe it . No I won't tell you where I work because I'll have another let's bloody talk meeting  (-*-) (-*-)

Tosco Drone

« Reply #23 on: 23-06-17, 11:33PM »
Some of the newer express stores look fine but our store looks dirty and very tired. If i didnt work there would i shop there NO

toscozombie

• just tell us the truth
« Reply #24 on: 23-06-17, 11:56PM »
Our store is a large extra with a very busy dot com and large foot fall of customers taking a lot of money and in a prime location with new houses going up all the time, it is disgusting.  The fridges are falling apart and grocery looks tired and dated, we should have had new fridges years ago then it was cancelled so they are well over due, shelf edging held on with plastic ties.

Yet an express in town, not that old has had a complete refit, I just wonder why, is it because we are on prime land.  Maybe they plan to sell this off so not bothering to invest in the store, is it because they are not bothered as still taking good money.  Many of us think something is afoot but if you ask all we get told is we take far too much money to ever shut, same as those disillusioned staff who say nights will never go we are too profitable, seem to have heard that before.
Vintage worker