Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-10-17, 07:49AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 7596
  • Latest: FF2017
Stats
  • Total Posts: 71743
  • Total Topics: 1563
  • Online Today: 121
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Pay Review Meetings  (Read 76112 times)

claden

• Smart Arse
Re: Pay Review Meetings
« Reply #375 on: 19-06-17, 10:13AM »
The court case is the first step on Tesco staffs fight back I honestly don't think they will cut anyone's bass wages on the next pay review. Maybe removal of time and a half for bank holidays and the first 3 days sick pay as that doesn't actually impact anyones 'guaranteed' monthly wage but Sunday premium/market supplement/ location pay or any other premiums we currently receive as part of our monthly wage I'd be shocked if they touch until after November. Of course if they win the case then all bets are off and God help us next year.

chris9997

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #376 on: 19-06-17, 11:12AM »
If there was to be any significant change ie: loss of premiums I think we would have been told earlier, like last year.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #377 on: 19-06-17, 11:21AM »
They cant cut location pay they only pay it when they cant get anyone to do the job because every other place at that location pays more, skilled jobs like bakers and butchers/fish mongers

So if they do no one will do the job.

claden

• Smart Arse
« Reply #378 on: 19-06-17, 12:19PM »
If there was to be any significant change ie: loss of premiums I think we would have been told earlier, like last year.
I tend to agree with you

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #379 on: 19-06-17, 12:26PM »
Some night workers lost in the hundreds of £'s in the last premium cut, I'd say that is significant, and they lost it with several weeks notice.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

chris9997

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #380 on: 19-06-17, 12:33PM »
Some night workers lost in the hundreds of £'s in the last premium cut, I'd say that is significant, and they lost it with several weeks notice.
i think the last premium cut the loss of 10 till midnight and sunday premium there was several months notice given i seem to remember.

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #381 on: 19-06-17, 01:37PM »
No, I seem to remember  it being announced in May and by August payday it had all taken effect. Not really a great deal notice at all. Thankfully I'd left the company just before it, but clearly remember most of the night team were absolutely livid at how quick it had happened.
« Last Edit: 19-06-17, 01:40PM by Equalizer87 »
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

JL

• Smart Arse
« Reply #382 on: 19-06-17, 01:39PM »

Even if the company didn't have wages to rise, a pension deficit, too many managers or fines to pay the chances are tech advances would force us all to take cuts in hours/pay if our roles are not sc**pped completely. I am surprised they are taking so long to get driverless trucks rolled out and don't have a crew of robots dragging the cages onto the shop floor being mindful to the customers and giving advice. The customers could talk to the robot and they could have a screen with every product from every aisle (updated regular) so that GAs don't have to walk round every aisle with the customer to locate an item because it has has moved. It would be a shock to see the amount of customers opting to speak to a machine instead of a GA or one of the new school management and in some instances who can blame them.  :)

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #383 on: 19-06-17, 01:45PM »
Tesco couldn't  afford the robots even if they were available.

I get the feeling they lining up for a Morrisons style deal, wipe out all the premiums in favour of a higher average of pay,  then hoping the Night shifts will gradually leave of their own accord.

JL

• Smart Arse
« Reply #384 on: 19-06-17, 02:00PM »
As I said a few post back I think all premiums will be slashed. The pounds lost by the night crew will be the penny rise for the majority/day staff. Getting the same pay as the day shift will add more strain on the the night workers making them to go.

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #385 on: 19-06-17, 02:13PM »
I agree, the aim will be to pressurise the night teams into leaving saving a fortune in cushion/redundancy payments.

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #386 on: 19-06-17, 03:07PM »
Tosco and Drastic Dave are not stupid.If they do nothing chances are in 2020 if the min wage comes in at £9.00 ,most staff will get a 60p to 70p enforced pay rise.But if your one step ahead of the game give them that 60p 70p pay rise now and to pay for it take away premiums.

claden

• Smart Arse
« Reply #387 on: 19-06-17, 03:08PM »
No, I seem to remember  it being announced in May and by August payday it had all taken effect. Not really a great deal notice at all. Thankfully I'd left the company just before it, but clearly remember most of the night team were absolutely livid at how quick it had happened.
It was announced on 6th February and implemented from 3rd july 2016

claden

• Smart Arse
« Reply #388 on: 19-06-17, 03:10PM »
Tesco couldn't  afford the robots even if they were available.

I get the feeling they lining up for a Morrisons style deal, wipe out all the premiums in favour of a higher average of pay,  then hoping the Night shifts will gradually leave of their own accord.
Do Morrisons have a night shift?

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #389 on: 19-06-17, 03:29PM »
Yes, Morrisons do have night shifts.  Both large Morrisons  stores near me have them.
« Last Edit: 19-06-17, 03:32PM by Equalizer87 »

Hammer10

• Know All
« Reply #390 on: 19-06-17, 03:36PM »
Would not be a pay rise if we lost our premium would be a loss to me of 45pounds a month with no pay rise and I only do 3 hours a night 5 days a week .12 to 3

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #391 on: 19-06-17, 03:42PM »
But for large parts of the company it would be a rise. Remember  the last rise affected only 15% of the workforce in lost premiums, which they painted as great thing (not for the 15% who lost earnings) as 85% saw a rise. That's the way they will paint any cut to premiums.

Hammer10

• Know All
« Reply #392 on: 19-06-17, 04:04PM »
So nights screwed yet again.

OvaSees

• Know All
« Reply #393 on: 19-06-17, 04:27PM »
Any 'minority' is screwed again, that's what Tesco defines as 'fair' in it's pay deals now - everybody is a drone, we'll all be getting the same no matter what we do. Ultimately, that's what the minimum wage will deliver too so this is a step towards it before it comes in rather than having to change after it does.

BrownEyedGirl

« Reply #394 on: 19-06-17, 04:37PM »
As I said a few post back I think all premiums will be slashed. The pounds lost by the night crew will be the penny rise for the majority/day staff. Getting the same pay as the day shift will add more strain on the the night workers making them to go.

Agree with you JL.

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #395 on: 19-06-17, 05:00PM »
For about the last 10 years in distribution ,the agency staff are on the same rate of pay regardless of what shift they are working. Unfortunately at the moment there is a never ending supply of people who will work these shifts .

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #396 on: 19-06-17, 05:10PM »
A few staff in my store have said they will drop hours once the living wage comes in, as they will be able to earn the same money doing less hours.

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #397 on: 19-06-17, 07:54PM »
If they are allowed to drop hours, please bare in mind to do so means a contract change, if that is going to happen I would much rather see them come to you requesting than you go to them, experience tells me you proving wanting gives them the upper hand.
« Last Edit: 19-06-17, 07:55PM by Duracell »
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #398 on: 19-06-17, 07:58PM »
For about the last 10 years in distribution ,the agency staff are on the same rate of pay regardless of what shift they are working. Unfortunately at the moment there is a never ending supply of people who will work these shifts .

The supply is starting to struggle, talking with some agency staff the disparity with pay back home is getting reduced, it is becoming less attractive to become disjointed from their family and culture for the reducing disparity.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #399 on: 19-06-17, 08:06PM »

The supply is starting to struggle, talking with some agency staff the disparity with pay back home is getting reduced, it is becoming less attractive to become disjointed from their family and culture for the reducing disparity.

Oh I know,ever since Brexit vote ,the agencies near to me had a big drop in people signing up each week .