News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:51PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

DotCom Shift Change Trials

Started by helpme, 16-06-19, 05:29PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatboy

One of our driver trainers confirms things all the time but they never happen 8-)

rogerthedodger

Anyone got even the slightest clue what's happening??!

blueberet

This is Tesco, I don't think anyone has a clue whats happening.

We must all be getting close to that yearly driver training session, maybe we will find out more then.

fatboy

That's not happened In our store for the last 2 years.

helpme

Nor ours. But you know the saying,

You can fool all the people some of the time,
and you can fool some of the people all the time,
but you can't fool all the people all of the time!

After all the stories the last few years they won't face the drivers and admit it was all rubbish.

blueberet

You're missing out, the trip to the boozer down the road once its all done is a fantastic way to spend the afternoon.

Jimmer

Word on the street is there will be some sort of announcement in week 23.

kaled78

with .com due to go bagless, and picking hours being cut, perhaps they are going to allow extra time for each drop, but I doubt it.

fatboy

Apparently extra time is built into bagless shops now. Never noticed it though.

Shafted

Quote from: kaled78 on 17-07-19, 04:52PM
with .com due to go bagless, and picking hours being cut, perhaps they are going to allow extra time for each drop, but I doubt it.
There will be no extra time at the door for when we go bagless. There will be new budgets etc for dot com in week 22 with heat maps being updated. Pick rate targets will increase and pickers will need to achieve them.

fatboy

Shafted. Why do you say there will be no extra time at the door? People cant unpack their shopping as fast if it ain't bagged so it will take longer. If extra time isn't allowed, I can see deliveries further into the runs being late or even brought back.

Shafted

The information provided says so. Customers will have plenty of communication in advance so if they don't want shopping in their house it says to encourage bags or boxes at their door and not leave trays behind.

Shafted

Quote from: fatboy on 18-07-19, 09:49AM
Shafted. Why do you say there will be no extra time at the door? People cant unpack their shopping as fast if it ain't bagged so it will take longer. If extra time isn't allowed, I can see deliveries further into the runs being late or even brought back.
Are you a driver? You will be briefed. It talks about supporting us to give a positive spin on this, save the planet, be environmentally more friendly etc, get managers to phone unhappy customers.

Paupers wage

The current pay differential between a picker and driver is 43 pence, from September the difference increases to 68 pence so waiting for customer to unpack boxes is being allowed for pay wise.

High turnover in both pickers and drivers to the extent that click & collect flyers were put in order boxes to I guess avoid capping due to lack of staff. Some young pickers jumping ship to checkouts for assumed easier life, as pickers are the most monitored in stores, can't talk, go to toilet etc etc.

From the end of this month Asda getting rid of bagged picks so Tesco hardly leading the way for helping the environment, and of course pick rate will sky-rocket.
Picking not a place for the middle aged.

cddriver

Asked a driver trainer about this and yes it is happening.

fatboy

The trials maybe going ahead but they need drivers willing to work these shifts to make it work. I know from talking to drivers in our store that there will be very few. Could need massive recruitment to fill these positions.

des

Can't keep driver's at my store at least 20 have left in the last 7 months

Jimmer

Quote from: fatboy on 18-07-19, 08:43PM
The trials maybe going ahead but they need drivers willing to work these shifts to make it work. I know from talking to drivers in our store that there will be very few. Could need massive recruitment to fill these positions.
Same at mine, a few have said that if its just 12 hours they wont mind but 4 on 4 off is getting a no from anyone I've spoken to. It is going to be an absolute shambles if they actually go ahead with it

If the problem is just filling the evening runs just hire more drivers that only work the evenings, I rarely have any time gaps as it is I don't see how reducing the hours a van is able to deliver was ever even considered as a good idea for a service where demand out weighs supply. I'd hate to be in the position of whoever came up with this idea when their boss finds out they have lost probably near 50% of their workforce and send their customers to the competition as there are no delivery slots and those that can get slots are laden with late deliveries and constant phone calls as the new workforce cant find their address.

Lobbygobbler

A senior manager told us every store manager has a meeting in wk 23. And now the vans in that wk are going out 30 mins late. Anybody else's have vans going out late next wk?

madness

Quote from: Paupers wage on 18-07-19, 07:25PM
The current pay differential between a picker and driver is 43 pence, from September the difference increases to 68 pence so waiting for customer to unpack boxes is being allowed for pay wise.

High turnover in both pickers and drivers to the extent that click & collect flyers were put in order boxes to I guess avoid capping due to lack of staff. Some young pickers jumping ship to checkouts for assumed easier life, as pickers are the most monitored in stores, can't talk, go to toilet etc etc.

From the end of this month Asda getting rid of bagged picks so Tesco hardly leading the way for helping the environment, and of course pick rate will sky-rocket.
Picking not a place for the middle aged.

Funny how different shops work. Most folk in our store jump to dot com picking for an easy life.  Quite frankly it is the easiest job in the shop.  You're completely ring fenced, as long as you hit your pick target that's it turn up, do work, go home.

Woodybear

Quote from: Lobbygobbler on 29-07-19, 01:26PM
A senior manager told us every store manager has a meeting in wk 23. And now the vans in that wk are going out 30 mins late. Anybody else's have vans going out late next wk?

They're only going out late to brief cdds for bagless shopping

Will training time support be provided for launch?
On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of Week 24 the first vans of each stagger will be scheduled to depart 30 minutes later than normal to help support you briefing your Customer Delivery Drivers.

willie2018

I've been told 4 stores are trialing new hours what stores I don't no

and been told 4 waves with a pattern like this

group 1 7 to 7
group 2 8 to 8
group 3 9 to 9
group 4 10 to 10

no 10 to 11pm drops

dunno how this would work with driving regs

this is not gospel mind just what I been told

gomezz

As far as driving regs go then the 11 hour limit on duty hours means that someone doing a 10-10 one day would not be allowed to do an earlier shift (7-7, 8-8 or 9-9) the next day etc.  Presumably there is still the flexibility to do a part shift (morning, afternoon, evening)?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

des

If tesco can't keep driver's why not take them off these flexi contracts and give them full time hours that way they would stay instead of been messed about on flexi contracts

Villager No.6

Rolling 4 on (44hrs) 3 off over a 14 week period resetting to week 1 at week 15.
8 - 8 with an hour lunch 1 - 2.
Anyone not happy can apply for a fixed hours contract by filling in an availability sheet stating what days/hours they'd be prepared to work. Managers will allocate hours deemed necessary taking into account preferences. Fixed contracts run 9 - 10 and shifts will be any hours between that (max 11).
If you're unable to work the shift offered there's no mediation, it's take it or go.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk