Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19-08-18, 02:03PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5859
  • Latest: 100dom1
Stats
  • Total Posts: 79756
  • Total Topics: 1661
  • Online Today: 106
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Booking Bank Holidays  (Read 5037 times)

claden

• Smart Arse
Re: Booking Bank Holidays
« Reply #25 on: 24-03-18, 02:13PM »
Keep in mind if the bank holiday falls on your contracted shift and you work it they deduct the hours you 'normally' work then pay you time and a half. All bank holidays are 'optional' but if they can't get enough volunteers people employed from 2009 (I think) may be asked to work it. It should be agreed in advance.

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #26 on: 24-03-18, 05:13PM »
The sooner Team/Lead Managers learn they can't make people work they might get some work out people.

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #27 on: 24-03-18, 11:33PM »
Keep in mind if the bank holiday falls on your contracted shift and you work it they deduct the hours you 'normally' work then pay you time and a half. All bank holidays are 'optional' but if they can't get enough volunteers people employed from 2009 (I think) may be asked to work it. It should be agreed in advance.

Actually wording on contract and people policies is before 26th Feb 2009 it’s optional but after it is you may be  required to work it if no volunteers ( exception bring Xmas and new year which remain voluntary to all

Jabba73po

« Reply #28 on: 03-04-18, 04:37PM »
I work nights and for 25 years my b/h is Monday into Tuesday
But last night we were told it wasn't a bank holiday as it's now a Sunday into a Monday night?????
Can anyone clarify these changes as nobody told us. No shock there.

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #29 on: 03-04-18, 04:49PM »
Normally the store manager with the  forum reps decide, but ours has always been Sunday into Monday for nights. Same as Christmas Day for nights is 24-25, Boxing Day is 25-26 meaning the night of 26th is back to normal.

Jabba73po

« Reply #30 on: 03-04-18, 05:52PM »
Normally the store manager with the  forum reps decide, but ours has always been Sunday into Monday for nights. Same as Christmas Day for nights is 24-25, Boxing Day is 25-26 meaning the night of 26th is back to normal.

Thanks trolley, I knew about Xmas etc but each store must be
different regards the bank holidays.

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #31 on: 03-04-18, 06:26PM »
What about personal days  :question: our TM is insisting to one of the team that they can only take it when it's convenient to Tosco. :o :o
The worlds me lobster

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #32 on: 03-04-18, 06:43PM »
Take whenever you want, I will admit to being a bit old fashioned as they used to be Christmas shopping days so i always offer my team a day each in December, but free to take any time of the year some Sunday contracts use them on Easter Sunday.

They work same as holiday first come first served.
« Last Edit: 03-04-18, 06:44PM by trolleyboy96 »

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #33 on: 03-04-18, 07:26PM »
What about personal days  :question: our TM is insisting to one of the team that they can only take it when it's convenient to Tosco. :o :o

mexicopete works in my store 

dapne

« Reply #34 on: 13-06-18, 12:19PM »
Did anyone on nights take Good Friday off? If you did has it been taken out of this years bank holiday entitlement?  It has in our store

Preacherpauly

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #35 on: 13-06-18, 12:37PM »
Did anyone on nights take Good Friday off? If you did has it been taken out of this years bank holiday entitlement?  It has in our store

Does your store still consider good friday as a bank holiday? In my store on nights the bank holiday for good friday and easter monday have been moved to a sat and sun night (screwed everyone of time and a half payment). Some of the people who have been there a while don't abide by those new days and just take the actual bank holidays off.

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #36 on: 13-06-18, 01:01PM »
Take whenever you want, I will admit to being a bit old fashioned as they used to be Christmas shopping days so i always offer my team a day each in December, but free to take any time of the year some Sunday contracts use them on Easter Sunday.

They work same as holiday first come first served.

Unless your Scottish store then it should be reserved for 2nd January. ( Scotland have 9 BH opposed to 8 in England )

dapne

« Reply #37 on: 15-06-18, 12:17PM »
Good Friday is the only bank holiday we still have . The Mondays have all been moved to Sundays.