Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-08-18, 05:51PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 79748
  • Total Topics: 1661
  • Online Today: 110
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: General Condition of Stores  (Read 6963 times)

Ascott83

Re: General Condition of Stores
« Reply #25 on: 26-06-17, 03:02AM »
Why are people moaning about trivial things such as cleaning? Get a cloth and wipe it if you see it! In my store its our merch team that does the majority of cleaning. If your short of things like stripping and labels then get onto your manager to chase it up. As for fridges.. Ours are almost 18 years old. They still run tho

FarmerFred

• Regular Pain
« Reply #26 on: 26-06-17, 06:38PM »
When I worked grocery I made sure that whatever aisle I rumbled on a Tuesday (usually my quietest day) got a good clean down of the stripping (and any obviously dirty shelves) - replace any missing/damaged strips, realign labels etc.  If I got a chance any other time then I would walk the department & deal with any obvious issues - I took a pride in my department even when the managers didn't!  Now I'm elsewhere and grocery is back to the old routine of nothing being done between visits of the area boss & then there's all out panic to get the place clean and tidy in a matter of hours.  We have masses of spare stripping & never seem to have any trouble getting more in - it's just a matter of getting folk to do anything with it.

BrownEyedGirl

« Reply #27 on: 26-06-17, 09:22PM »
I wish we had spare stripping, we have none at all, the aisles look bad, it just never gets ordered even when we ask for it to be ordered it never is. I give up.

fscer

• Regular Pain
« Reply #28 on: 26-06-17, 09:52PM »
Stripping is centrally funded, we order 2 boxes a week and get them everytime, someone in your store isn't doing their job.

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #29 on: 26-06-17, 10:18PM »
Why are people moaning about trivial things such as cleaning? Get a cloth and wipe it if you see it! In my store its our merch team that does the majority of cleaning. If your short of things like stripping and labels then get onto your manager to chase it up. As for fridges.. Ours are almost 18 years old. They still run tho

Fully agree  :thumbup:

mrblobby

• Know All
« Reply #30 on: 28-06-17, 06:32PM »
There may be increased profits/sales but just recently have noticed the overall bad condition of some expresses  eg floor tiles damaged and repaired with yellowed stripped tape broken inbuilt fridges with bits missing some items such as these can only be fixed by the company however equally some stores are badly run rubbish on floor very poor cleaning routines (staff having a nice chat though)

I don't know which area you work in, But every Group in and around the area  I live, have had  refits , I have seen at least 25 refits in the last 6 months , and Maintenance is Far far better than it used to be,

And if you are having problems with cleaning it due to Your manager not doing the Audit each week as it should be , Having said that I would say its more about how the Staff and Management keep things clean them self's, rather than any problems due to cuts,,
Refits tend to be completely random, or they just focus on stores that are losing money! One store near me hasn't had a refit for about 12 years though another store which had a refit a few years ago has just had another one!

mrblobby

• Know All
« Reply #31 on: 12-06-18, 03:18AM »
Maybe they are doing them up so that they can sell them off to allow the Booker deal to go through.

In which case it would be every store inside the M25 area, which I don't think will happen, and the planing that goes into them takes a year.  I see this as a country wide plan since I am getting told that even groups outside the M25 have had loads refuted.
That's crazy there are loads of stores I can think of within M25 not been refitted.  And considering how many express stores are in London do you think that's a silly statement to make, ALL stores....

As said above yes they seem to only refit stores if they are losing money or in competitive areas due to competition.  They seem to think a lick of paint changes customers perceptions!
« Last Edit: 12-06-18, 03:20AM by mrblobby »

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #32 on: 12-06-18, 10:02AM »
maybe cleaning the customer toilets would help

Preacherpauly

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #33 on: 13-06-18, 09:07PM »
maybe cleaning the customer toilets would help

I wish they had cleaners during the night because the customer toilets are disgusting. How does one get c**p on the walls and toilet seat, seriously?