Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19-08-18, 02:03PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5859
  • Latest: 100dom1
Stats
  • Total Posts: 79756
  • Total Topics: 1661
  • Online Today: 106
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Uniform for new staff  (Read 12165 times)

Babyface

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
Re: Uniform for new staff
« Reply #25 on: 31-07-15, 08:08PM »
Change of subject ish !!!  .. do we have t pay for a ladies cardigan ???

burns2015

« Reply #26 on: 31-07-15, 08:57PM »
Babyface yes and there is approx. 6-10  wait once ordered due to back log although this may reduce.

burns2015

« Reply #27 on: 31-07-15, 09:07PM »
I tell a lie babyface just looked and apart from one size all in stock

luxon77

« Reply #28 on: 26-04-16, 11:28PM »
Hi, I would've posted a new topic but I couldn't work out how to do it.
I've just started my new job and have been given a position on the customer service desk. Is the uniform any different to other departments? As I'm a guy I didn't know if I'd have to wear a blazer or if in could wear a fleece.

Many thanks.
Global Moderator Comment Starting topics, please read Supporter Benefits

Chojac2412

• Know All
« Reply #29 on: 27-04-16, 07:14AM »
Will be store specific. It is normally jackets on the desk but if it's cold you can wear a fleece but it's mostly down to your manager. What are the others wearing on the desk? What do they say about when it is cold?
The managers uniform is a suit but most seem to wear jumpers of fleece. Some jobs this makes things easier. As is when working in the chill sections but the drift into jumpers seems wider than this.
Double standards, but as a new person in it might not be a good idea starting off questioning why you need to wear a jacket when the managers don't.

luxon77

« Reply #30 on: 27-04-16, 12:51PM »
I don't mind what I have to wear. I'm the only male who works on the customer service desk.  I haven't ordered my uniform yet, and haven't been told what I'd need to wear. Do i need to wear a tie when I'm on this department? Again I don't mind, and to be honest I think I would rather wear one but didn't know the policy.

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #31 on: 27-04-16, 01:19PM »
In my store the CSD staff wear shirt & tie with a jacket, not fleece. Your store might be different, though, so you'd be best to ask your manager what to order.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #32 on: 27-04-16, 02:26PM »
luxon77

Not very welcoming in your store are they?? Has nobody arranged for your uniform to be ordered? This is initially done by the wages clerk until you get established on the system to order your own.

Turn up for shifts in black / dark trousers, white shirt and black/dark plain jumper. No tie necessary at this stage.

ON NO ACCOUNT ACCEPT SECOND HAND SPARES FROM STORE!!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

luxon77

« Reply #33 on: 27-04-16, 02:56PM »
They have been welcoming and i really enjoyed my first day, but I was told my uniform couldn't be ordered until I had an employee number.

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #34 on: 27-04-16, 07:37PM »
I'd have thought you should have been given a form which includes info on what is available and how many of each item you get, depending on your role and hours of work.

Keep asking your manager about it until you get a result.

(Also, keep a note of the hours you have worked, including induction, and make sure you get paid for them all. Mistakes with pay often happen when a worker has no employee number or clock-in card.)

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #35 on: 27-04-16, 09:50PM »
I had new start 2 weeks ago and had placed order the week before they started but sizes out of stock and dimnsions say it will be 2nd week in may before there back in so that may be reason you have not got uniform yet..The poor wee Indian kids must be on a go slow in producing them.

luxon77

« Reply #36 on: 28-04-16, 12:35AM »
Thanks for the replies. I'll find out tomorrow if I can order my uniform. It just saves me trying to decide what to wear every day lol. As a GA can you choose to wear a tie if you want?

Morris999

• Smart Arse
« Reply #37 on: 28-04-16, 11:48AM »
On CSD as a male, your meant to wear formal trousers(not combats), shirt & tie and jacket, however as most CSD's are right by the front door with the store heating being none existent in most stores this is normally relaxed to a free for all of company uniform!
As long as its clean, doesn't look like a homeless person has been wearing it then most store managers aren't bothered!

Your wage clerk,compliance or personal manager can order you uniform whether you have an employee number or not!

Just wear what the rest of the CSD are wearing is the easiest.

luxon77

« Reply #38 on: 02-05-16, 05:13PM »
Thanks for that. I was just unsure as I've seen the shopfloor staff wearing polo shirts and didn't know if it was a case of being able to pick what I could wear. When I asked the other day I was told that I'm not allowed a fleece and would have b to wear a jacket, that's all I've been told lol.

jsk123

« Reply #39 on: 20-02-17, 10:59PM »
Hi,

I've just started and been told to order uniform but I don't have an employee number yet? Apparently there is some new way for new staff to order uniform before they even attend induction, but i'm unsure of the link?

Am i safer to just fill in one of those sheets and give it in to wages?

Thanks

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #40 on: 20-02-17, 11:13PM »
When I never had an employee number my PM ordered my first lot of uniform.

Usually day shift in my store are shirt tie and suit jacket and nights combats and a polo.

Day shift talk the talk but night staff walk the walk.  :)

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #41 on: 20-02-17, 11:36PM »
Hi,

I've just started and been told to order uniform but I don't have an employee number yet? Apparently there is some new way for new staff to order uniform before they even attend induction, but i'm unsure of the link?

Thanks
Go to the uniform website, when it asks for your employee number put in first 3 letters of surname followed by date of birth.  I think.

darklighter

• Know All
« Reply #42 on: 21-02-17, 12:33AM »
I have just ordered new uniform but it says, reaso:  "change of job",  I have always been on the same department, what is this all about?

jsk123

« Reply #43 on: 22-02-17, 12:10AM »
Hi,

Thanks
Go to the uniform website, when it asks for your employee number put in first 3 letters of surname followed by date of birth.  I think.

Yep that worked! Thanks very much

ZZZZZZ

• Wannabe Customer Assistant, cos I need the job
« Reply #44 on: 12-06-18, 09:21PM »
luxon77

ON NO ACCOUNT ACCEPT SECOND HAND SPARES FROM STORE!!

Query: why?

If I pass the interview on friday I'll be a new starter in Frozen. :thumbup:  I would hate black / dark trousers, white shirt and black/dark plain jumper, combats and Polo anyday - preferably day 1!

Chojac2412

• Know All
« Reply #45 on: 13-06-18, 08:52AM »
It depends on stores, I think. Some won't order uniform until on a permanent contract. Other stores do order, things might have changed but my store orders under an existing colleagues employee number but that only works with a small intake. They have ordered community T-shirts too.

ZZZZZZ

• Wannabe Customer Assistant, cos I need the job
« Reply #46 on: 13-06-18, 09:01PM »
If they don't issue Uniform to new starters for six months, can you borrow a jacket from a friend and wear that for work?

I know that there are some new Tesco jackets on eBay, but that can't be legit, can it?

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #47 on: 13-06-18, 09:06PM »
Borrow one from a friend or buy one from me on eBay.  :)

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #48 on: 14-06-18, 01:18PM »
Just wear the most horrific clothes you have like half mast trousers purple diamond socks a white shirt so tight its going to pop open any second and one of the pencil ties, They will soon have a uniform for you to wear. :D :D :D :D

Oh and dont forget the shoes with flappy souls that are falling off.

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #49 on: 14-06-18, 01:38PM »
Forrestgimp you must’ve won them in a bonus ball.