News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:48PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,119
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 294
Total: 298

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvaSees

Why is the company still obsessively scraping the barrel for pennies by getting rid of these things when we all know there is much much more to be saved if the knife cut just a bit higher up?

redders

Duracell

The knife Doesn't seem long enough to reach Work level 3. Symbolic knife?
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Looselips

The work level 3's have protected themselves throughout this whole fiasco (pensions, restructure, salary review etc etc etc)  with the full support of Lewis's little helpers sorry USDAW in stead of fighting fir it's members rights the senior USDAW mangers are more interested in taking selfies with Lewis and Davie at (for example) the national event at the NEC

penguin

I was at the event where people started taking selfies with them two, I've never seen anything like the arse licking that went on that day, one could have been forgiven for throwing up it was awful and of course the bosses were loving being in the limelight.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

OvaSees

I believe the work level 3's were still affected by the pension changes, although apparently they get a better deal. Everything else though is true, they have avoided the rest of the changes - can only be a matter of time as they are very expensive compared to Community Champions?

Taking selfies with executives is so ridiculous :D

Slave64

Opticians gone on the 4th December. Another one bites the dust.

Vanilla

Why have 8 GA's filling the shelves at xmas when you can have one store manager doing it?

Beanny

Why were senior team on a 2day course at the beginning of the week. Rumour has it, it was to learn how to coach and work more closely with individuals in store. This suggests that they will have to deal with all the audits that stores get and therefore have to make sure all line managers know their role in being able to pass these audits. I am afraid to say it that this suggests the demise of the compliance role, so by mid January they will be gone along with the personnel managers. >:(

Compliance89

A lot of mixed rumours regarding the compliance manager trial not going well? 

abba

Huge changes at Lichfield DC.

All non performance jobs at Lichfield DC being subbed out starting with the Pallet area.

OvaSees

Quote from: Beanny on 01-12-17, 01:54PM
Why were senior team on a 2day course at the beginning of the week. Rumour has it, it was to learn how to coach and work more closely with individuals in store. This suggests that they will have to deal with all the audits that stores get and therefore have to make sure all line managers know their role in being able to pass these audits.
No, it suggests that senior team managers didn't know how to coach and work more closely with individuals in store. Because it's cheaper to do this than employ enough people to do the job in the first place. And people wonder how we're a mess.

That's if this is what the 'courses' entailed, I suspect there was more to it than that...

Doncaster

Doncaster night team are losing merchandisers  Manager clothing team Not many staff left gost shop.

Rick grimes

Jeanjean is your n/s losing night managers as well as merchandisers and clothing team, if so were are you getting the information have you been told officially..

Doggiedoodle

[gmod]Duplicate post, deleted.[/gmod]

wolfie

Yep, all affected stores were briefed last week

Doggiedoodle

[admin]Duplicated post, deleted. Nomad[/admin]

Doggiedoodle

It was duplicated because I was asking 2 different people on 2 different pages!!
I'm trying to get information to see if it affects me!!

[admin]However you were asking the same question and to ask once is sufficient as most members just select 'Active topics' to find what is new since their last visit. Nomad.[/admin]

Confused.com

Will we be offered redeployment b4 redundancy?

Imber99

If they can find you hours within your availability, then yes

Confused.com

Thanks, this wait is killing me. I hate the unknown had a full on panic attack the other day and I cant sleep!

Ramjet

Also been ill with the anxiety.  Been to docs this morning, yay more pills!  :/

Confused.com

Ramjet I understand how you feel.
My husband has also been put on pills and taken on a 2nd job which he thinks he needs to do however not at the cost of his health.  We should all be going out on strike! No company that makes £1billion profit a year should be forcing redundancy on anyone.

Spaceranger1

Can someone explain if there is a cap on so-called parachute payments and what it is?

Spaceranger1

Personally, I would grab redundancy with both hands and run. Problem being that as I have got over 40 years servitude and only 2 years to go for long overdue parole(retirement) (-*-) It really wouldn't be cost effective to grant me my wish. One of my colleagues with much less indentured time will be put out of their misery instead >:( All to save a few quid to award themselves as a nice little earner. >:D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk