Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 04:41PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 291
Total: 296

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveyp

I bet night premium is the next to go

fscer

They wont get rid of Night Premium they'll just get rid of all nights  >:D

world of their own

Quote from: daveyp on 28-05-18, 11:17AM
I bet night premium is the next to go

they've already took away some of this.

world of their own

Quote from: fscer on 28-05-18, 11:49AM

I'll be happy with that.i've got 20+ years service.

cosmosmallpiece

No premiums will be touched until 2020 so the last update said, so safe till then.

Equalizer87

That can all change very quickly, there are no guarantees any more.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Charlie Harper

Quote from: his scots tie on 28-05-18, 09:04AM
Quote from: notsofunny on 27-05-18, 12:20PM
Just on thing , those that want to move from a Sunday to another day , should they do it before the pay out ? would not want anyone to change days then not get a pay out ,,
Would personally hang on till after the payout, at least get something out of this c**ppy company.  In saying that a lot of staff have already dropped Sundays.

Taken from the Pay Review 2017...
We will continue to pay time and half for hours worked on Sundays and bank holidays until July 2018, when they will then change to time and a quarter. 97% of colleagues will be better off with this pay deal, but if there is a net reduction in colleagues' take home pay after changes have been applied, a lump sum payment will be paid in July 2018, worth 18 months of the annual difference.

97%...that's pretty damn high, so unless you have very good reason to believe you'll be in line for a pay out, then I think it's pretty safe to try & move your hours now (if you so wish).

JL

Quote from: world of their own on 28-05-18, 11:58AM
Quote from: fscer on 28-05-18, 11:49AM

I'll be happy with that.i've got 20+ years service.

With the discounters everywhere and online grocery becoming the modern way hopefully there will be more night closures. A lot of the TMs at Tesco get paid more than SMS at other retailer for basic Manual/office tasks. Surely shift leaders must be getting rolled out soon to complex stores as the pay book suggested. You just have to look at the amount of people in the canteen on nights in comparison to what it was like years ago. 

his scots tie

Quote from: cosmosmallpiece on 28-05-18, 01:56PM
No premiums will be touched until 2020 so the last update said, so safe till then.
That means nothing to this lot,if they want to change it before then they will,its for the business needs you know.

cosmosmallpiece

As much as I dislike the way they behave these days I think they might think twice about changing it as it's in writing.

Spongbob

I expect all night premiums to go eventually cutting Sunday premiums to me is a disgrace 97%Will be better off what a load of trash

his scots tie

The union have agreed loss of overtime rates,night premium, Sunday and bank holiday premium in exchange for nothing.  Whilst Sainsbury's wasn't the best pay deal for their staff they will be on £9.20 an hour.  It shows how bad a deal the Tesco deal was, yet Store Manager shouting it from the rooftops.  Cut his pay and other Senior Managers pay by the same percentage and they wouldn't be so smug.

NellyFish01

Does anyone know what will happen to shift leaders pay in express with regards Sunday premium? Excuse me if it's been answered elsewhere already. In my experience we are not contracted to Sunday's but very often work them. Thanks in advance

checkoutmonkey

NellyFish I think they look at actual hours worked re the pay out and not simply who is contracted. so

sammy

so last may  I had no choice but to work Sunday's. I used to work 3 days in the week. It was either work Sunday or drop half my hours as there was no other job instore at that point other than Dotcom which hours don't suit. Due to heat map. So now I work two day 9 hour shifts on both days. So I am going to worse off. But because they are looking at November 16 till November 17. It not really going to show I am. How is this fair if this is the way that are going to work it out.

notsofunny

Quote from: K2S0 on 27-05-18, 09:56PM
This reduction has really p*ssed me off, I've only just started and the premium was stated on the vacancy and reiterated at my interview and even in my written job offer yet I've only been informed after starting

I think that  if you only just started then your pay rate will be time and a 1/4 already  , not the time and a half that other are on , have a look since that is what i was told , and if that is correct then it will not impact you ,

K2S0

I'm definitely on time and 1/2 and not 1/4  ??? Very strange

Noan

You will be on time and 1/2 at the moment as time and 1/4 does not come into effect until July

K2S0

Yeah I know, I'd said on the first page that I was annoyed because I'm a new starter  I applied to a vacancy that advertised time and a half, my interview I was told time and a half and my job offer letter stated time and a half and i was told after starting about the decrease

rogerthedodger

Anyone know whats going on with Managers payreview and sunday premiums

yelsel

Charlie Harper
If that is how pay out is calculated I won't get a pay out disgusted with them after the pay rise which they keep bragging about I will be about £3 a week better off . It is so unfair the lucky ones who work days Mon- Sat have had a nice pay rise I bet they are more than £3 a week better off .when the got rid of np1 it was worked  out from the year I worked days went on days for about 6 months then back to nights I'd been back on nights for over a year but the wrong year apparently didn't get a penny in pay out so sick of constantly losing money every time we get a so called pay rise  :'(

trebor

don't forget you can legally opt out of Sunday working (unless you only work Sundays) - google Sunday Working on gov website or check with Union

Charlie Harper

strebor, I really do hope I'm wrong with my interpretation of how this will be worked out but with the information given and the claim that 97% of workers will be 'better off' I fear the worst.

As trebor says, you can always opt out of Sundays, the opt out form is available to download from  the 'our tesco' webpage.

https://www.ourtesco.com/working-at-tesco/people-policies/staying-legal/sunday-working/

notsofunny

Quote from: Noan on 29-05-18, 12:47PM
You will be on time and 1/2 at the moment as time and 1/4 does not come into effect until July
Quote from: K2S0 link=topic=16541.msg214771#msg214771  date=1527593342
I'm definitely on time and 1/2 and not 1/4  ??? Very strange

Been told by 2 others that started in December January. That they only get paid time and a 1/4 and that's what they got told when they started.. will ask them to look it up as to why .it does sound strange that it's not consistent 🤔 unless the SM s are playing games..anyone do payroll that can shed some light on this  :question:

yelsel

Charlie Harper
I think you are right. Just annoyed with Tesco and union feel let down by union yet again pulling out now and try and get off Sundays not worth working it anymore

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk