Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 03:41PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 295
Total: 299

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyneelou. You do realise that all your 'wages person' does is input your leaving date on to the HRAM system? All calculations are done via the computer interface with Payroll.

dotnochance

What is the sunday pay? i know its time and a quarter but what is the quarter in £

Hammer10

lordadmiral

£2.25 per hour  to be more precise:)

NightAndDay

Depends on grade, but at least £2.25 unless on new starter wage.

madness

Quote from: dotnochance on 17-12-19, 12:45AM
What is the sunday pay? i know its time and a quarter but what is the quarter in £
Are you for real?

NightAndDay

Night Owl

Time +.25 for working boxing day and New year day is a p**s take. Told l have to do 1 or the other by lead trade manager. I know l could refuse point blank, but l know it would come back to bite me on my end of year review.
So l ruin the family festivities for an extra £12 in my wage packet.
So much for the season of good will.

madness

If the company wern't so bloody scared of just running down everything with a short date it wouldn't matter if we closed for 2 days.
but supermarkets seems to think customers are actually telling the truth when they say "im never shopping here again"

lackofinterest

Quote from: Night Owl on 17-12-19, 05:48PM
Time +.25 for working boxing day and New year day is a p**s take. Told l have to do 1 or the other by lead trade manager. I know l could refuse point blank, but l know it would come back to bite me on my end of year review.
f*** the lead trade manager!! f*** your end of year review!! tell them to get in touch with lewis to come in!! put you and your family first!!!! 

Hammer10

What review they can't make you do it unless you are a new by.

NightAndDay

Just call in sick, if he does anything outside of policy, grievance it, keep documentation and if they still don't follow process the lead manager has to answer to the judge.

dotnochance

Quote from: madness on 17-12-19, 05:19PM
Are you for real?

Yes i was being real, the problem is when u go on holiday they include the sunday premium under holiday pay instead of the sunday premium section of the payslip
it get very confusing, Also this is tesco we are talking about, i didnt know if they counted a quarter differently from everyone else, since they like to s*** like that all the time

VladPutin

Quote from: lackofinterest on 17-12-19, 06:11PM
f*** the lead trade manager!! f*** your end of year review!! tell them to get in touch with lewis to come in!! put you and your family first!!!!

Preach! I brought a doughnut and a book to my last review. Told the manager give me the paper to sign once he'd finished waffling. >:D

I still got a Green. :D

penguin

Nobody can be made to work Boxing day, if your boss says otherwise ask him to show you in writing where it says you must work.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

lucgeo

It is written in EVERYBODYS contract, that no employee has to work, Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Year's Day...so you have it in writing to show them the policy.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Blackcat3

Nights normally have to work boxing day as they class Xmas eve Xmas day and nye Bank Holidays in our store

NightAndDay

Quote from: dotnochance on 18-12-19, 12:18AM
Quote from: madness on 17-12-19, 05:19PM
Are you for real?

Yes i was being real, the problem is when u go on holiday they include the sunday premium under holiday pay instead of the sunday premium section of the payslip
it get very confusing, Also this is tesco we are talking about, i didnt know if they counted a quarter differently from everyone else, since they like to s*** like that all the time

If Sunday is a contracted day then that would form part of the weekly contracted amount which serves as the minimum you'll get when on holiday (holiday pay being either weekly contracted rate or average weekly earnings in the previous 12 weeks when factoring in  OT and additional premiums, whichever is greater).

Preacherpauly

Quote from: Blackcat3 on 18-12-19, 03:28PM
Nights normally have to work boxing day as they class Xmas eve Xmas day and nye Bank Holidays in our store

Night team gets f***ed over when it comes to public holidays and extra pay

Rad

You can appeal your end of year grade at review if its been given unfairly.  Part of me thinks you chose to work in retail and are a manager so you should understand.  Imagine how you would feel if every colleague refused to work boxing day and the 1st for your department?
I think if you let the store manager know early enough in the year what your intentions are around the festive bank holidays then there will be no comeback.  Or even get involved in making the shifts as fair as possible.

If you are a competent manager there is no way they will get away with downgrading your eoy grade because you said no to overtime.

lucgeo

8-) if everyone refused to work Boxing Day and New Year's Day, then the store couldn't open. It's those that choose to, either by coercion, ignorant of their contract, or have tunnel vision, that ruin it for everyone else.

Redshoes

It's those that shop that ruin Boxing Day. Simple fact, if they did not make money they would not open.

lucgeo

8-) they wouldn't be shopping if it was shut.

Mr Grumpy

Quote from: lucgeo on 19-12-19, 01:02PM
8-) if everyone refused to work Boxing Day and New Year's Day, then the store couldn't open. It's those that choose to, either by coercion, ignorant of their contract, or have tunnel vision, that ruin it for everyone else.

This is bang on!!!

Every year it was the same old story of lower level managers trying to coerce their staff into working so they wouldn't have to on boxing day.  It got to the point where we would have to speak to the SM well before his managers tried to nobble the staff.

Jobless

Sort yourself out do not blame others. There is holidays and sick leave if you can't be arsed working.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk