News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 04:02PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 318
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 272
Total: 278

The Hub

Started by beentheredoneit, 13-08-19, 04:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trolleyboy96

The hub doesn't work like that, my work phone certainly can't connect to the stores cctv it barely does comms Center....

As for colleague mobile phone use, yes it's out of hand for all,store manager down to trolley boy, since we went with phones for work it's the biggest pain in the backside as some just can't put there phone away! We seem to be the only retailer that allows this, one of those decisions I really wish the company would change back to no mobiles used at work.

Anyway the hub, I have never seen a hub case for this, they are reviewing shrink issues, our store has been on the hub for 2 years and no mobile phone cases have come through.

Roberto

I think the Hub will benefit GA's more, hopefully in our store (H,Pool), the managers will be seen, standing around, getting in the staff's faces, having a go at staff on the shop floor in front of customers, always on phones (usually placing bets), all going on breaks together. Half the time rocking horse muck is easier to find than a manager in there

forrestgimp

It seems the betting thing is not just my store then, I thought our managers and a few GAs were just inveterate gamblers.

lucgeo

One manager and a few colleagues got into a lot of financial difficulties with these gambling sites. Hence another good reason to clamp down on usage whilst working. When they dereased the free daily newspaper down to two, I think I was one of the few who noticed. Really sad sight on break, all sitting on the same table together, all heads down, phones out, without a word of conversation passing between them  :-X

I agree, I don't think I have ever seen staff in any other business, using their phones on shop floor. Some of the younger ones in my old store, used to be playing games on theirs and comparing scores, all related to management or mates of theirs.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Jobless

I have my phone on me at all times for recording mangement unreasonable requests, time keeping and noting any holidays booked. Wouldn't know how to use an app. Quite a number of collegues are constantly on the drink, drugs and gambling in my local store. It eases the pain on a daily basis.

gomezz

Can't say I get close enough to colleague's phones to see what they are using them for.  Just how hugga-mugga are you people getting?   :o
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

lucgeo

8-) you'd notice a group of lads all laughing and shouting out their levels, whilst playing in the chiller for an hour or more...on nights the manager and mates going missing for hours sitting outside with their phones on the gaming screen etc...people talk, but not to the SM apparently :-X

forrestgimp

Quote from: gomezz on 18-08-19, 09:31PM
Can't say I get close enough to colleague's phones to see what they are using them for.  Just how hugga-mugga are you people getting?   :o

You dont have to be close when they are telling anyone who will listen about the bet they just placed  :D

Jobless

The hub was alot of use when the dotcomedy was set alight. The management don't know who they are messing with.

chris9997

it is unlikely that everyone in every store is watched all of the time, because that then doubles the wage bill (1GA to fill + camera operator to watch said task) certain areas will be monitored more no doubt.

forrestgimp

If the cameras are the ones they put into our store that supposedly cost over 100k then I wouldnt worry about it they are garbage, Zooming in is digital not optical and as such the picture is like looking at a 90s camera phone when zoomed in you can not see any detail its hit and miss to tell if the people are male or female.

Yep they all record 24/7 and have a 30 day retention so unless Tesco set up a duplicate server center with storage space for all their stores they will be reliant on ours in store so after 30 days its all wiped.

Tesco also have to pay for the licenses to be able to use the fangly dangly system which on ours they have not done in the 2 years we have had it everything except the basics are locked out of use the license even tells you its not a proper one. Once in a while we have to get systems support to come in and update the temporary license key with a different because the entire cctv system stops letting you do anything except view real time footage.

People this is Tesco, they do things half arsed at best and mostly worse than that, any and all shortcuts will be used to save costs so with that in mind stop worrying.

We are supposed to be going onto the hub in september and for it to do what they say we will be needing new cameras and a lot of them I will keep you updated as to if/when we get them.

Preacherpauly

They started fitting the extra cameras in my store ready for this hub or whatever it is. A manager already telling staff they will watched and monitored.

King1999

Only monitoring routines around waste,make sure you've signed receipts if you buy anything,if you bring anything into the  store get it signed.Don't store thing to buy later and basically stuff like that......I would say if it's anything else the manager(s) of those stores are abusing it and probably setting themselves up for a good kicking.Oh and it's obviously watching the shop floor for tea leaves.Had literature we had to sign for today.....,no mention of mobile phones or anything else along those lines.

NightAndDay

I'd be particularly interested in any SMs getting disciplined as a result of the Hub, common consensus is, they're untouchable in terms of being disciplined.

lucgeo

8-) 8-). They know too much  :-X

NightAndDay

Most SM's I've seen know nothing, unless you mean they have info that could compromise the higher ups, and that they would be untouchable as to not be chocolate in corporates political peanut butter.

5fdp

I would agree with the previous comment. The new camera system is c**p. It is digital and most cameras only look up and down the aisle they are in. If you stand at the other end of the aisle from the camera you will virtually be a pixel shape. Funny thing is in our store elvis could set up a concert in the middle aisle and no camera could pick him up. He would be a pixel blob. Obviously the smell might be bad but I bet he still has a great voice. Only bangers will get caught with these cameras.

penguin

Quote from: NightAndDay on 20-08-19, 05:40PM
I'd be particularly interested in any SMs getting disciplined as a result of the Hub, common consensus is, they're untouchable in terms of being disciplined.

Has happened on more than one occasion, anyone thinking an S.M is untouchable is wrong, one went fairly recently after a complaint to the S.D resulted in a formal investigation on the manager complained about.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

whatajoke2019

It's been in the store I'm going back to for a while; I believe someone has lost their job already over misdemeanours and the people who have a crafty fag, clock out for a break, have their 'entitlement', clock back in and then have another cigarette so they have longer than allowed are also being 'monitored'.

lordadmiral

Quote from: Preacherpauly on 20-08-19, 03:27PM
They started fitting the extra cameras in my store ready for this hub or whatever it is. A manager already telling staff they will watched and monitored.
we have our running few weeks now. First letters, with pictures of their faults, inviting pople for investigation meetings been already handed out.
You cant to this, you cant do that, where've you been or doing .... i should get mine for breaching health and safety rules beacuse of the the way i am squashing cardboard ;D

whatajoke2019

Jumping in cages, perchance, to fit more RSU in?  :D

If The Hub had been around a few years back they'd have had plenty of 'evidence' the way I used to imagine jumping on certain people's heads  8-)

Night Owl

Quality on our newly installed system is 4k. Fish  eye lens cameras high up in the rafters, every square inch of shop floor and warehouse is covered. They also have pinch & pull zoom on the display monitor, like on smart phones. Our store is a 26,000 sq foot super store and we have around 100 cameras. A local extra store has around 600 cameras. It has facial recognition to follow known shop lifters continuously during their visit. The systems capability is quite something. Ours took around 3 weeks to install and be operating correctly.

lordadmiral

Quote from: whatajoke2019 on 20-08-19, 11:03PM
Jumping in cages, perchance, to fit more RSU in?  :D

If The Hub had been around a few years back they'd have had plenty of 'evidence' the way I used to imagine jumping on certain people's heads  8-)
Yes jumping in cages:)...
My worry is that new cctv would be wrongly used. Ex. we have our colleague shoop scrapped, all goods are now on the shop floor in relevant areas (mainly RTC mod or some  trays placed by produce, bakery). You can go there and take what you need. Well, someone in the hub wil just see you taking the item, whitch is free to take and report you for theft.
We had a guy who lost his job for being at wrong place & time so i do belive that something like that will happen again.

chris9997

You are  not to just take goods reduced to clear 1 hour before close the right way I was told was items reduced 1 hour before closing the staff can have free of charge however all items must go through the till and the amount will be removed towards end of tran sactio
n

Preacherpauly

Quote from: whatajoke2019 on 20-08-19, 10:37PM
It's been in the store I'm going back to for a while; I believe someone has lost their job already over misdemeanours and the people who have a crafty fag, clock out for a break, have their 'entitlement', clock back in and then have another cigarette so they have longer than allowed are also being 'monitored'.
he

The amount of people in mystore who go for a cig before and after their break will be getting meetings. But i fear a few of them will be protected by managers who are close friends

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk