News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 10:42AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 432
Total: 432

Redundancy Rights.

Started by Duracell, 02-03-13, 10:41AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duracell

Please Read the Pages contained in the link for redundancy rights.

https://www.gov.uk/redundant-your-rights/overview
Please be aware the payment scale stated within the link are the statutory Minimum Requirement and are usually Vastly Enhanced.

Please speak to your Local Reps who will be fully aware of the what the company Enhancements are and should update you on the consultations.

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Nomad

The information at the following http://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=6661.0 in HTA, maybe relative, or at least food for thought.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

mountainbikerider

Nice one duracell thanx for that... 8)  It makes the muddy waters a bit clearer now  8)

Highbury

I was told my company were closing my warehouse (Chesterfield) back in February. September 20th is the closure date. We started 90 days consultation period and this is now over. We were given our redundancy figures and told we could leave with a weeks notice should we find alternative employment. Many have done this and got their money. I applied for a job and got an interview about a week or so back. I was rung up on Friday morning and offered the job. As i wasnt back in till my shift on Monday night I rang my current employers and let them know i had been offered a job and i was bringing written notice on my next shift which was last night. I was greeted by a notice in the entrance way which read "Due to peak volumes we will NOT authorise ANY early leavers with redundancy for the next six weeks. This will be reviewed on a weekly basis. "   Can my company do this ? They have said i can still leave but will get nothing. Yet they have let loads already go under these terms with the money and have given me no notice of their plan.

happyreturns

First thing they can't stop your statutory redundancy regardless of the situation.
It seems greatly unfair and I suggest that you speak to your new employer  to see if they can amend your start day, but firstly you should put In A grievance but also ask to see you personnel or DC manager urgently, pointing out that you got your new employment  before the company  made you aware of the changes.
I can understand the problem the DC has but your situation deserves to be looked at.

hashashin

To Highbury, I suggest a cheeky e-mail to Dennis Skinner MP , I'm sure Ms Cooke does not want to cross swords with him

Brodon

Nice post,Thank you for sharing.........

Gator

At Harlow no one was stopped from leaving. Use that info. And that you are being treated differently from other staff and how unfair that is in a grievance. Also see your union reps or Area organizer and make sure this is bought up in the consultation meetings.

animal

Was I unfairly  sacked ??

[admin]You have made a single post in two different threads, neither of your posts pose a question anybody could begin to answer. Nomad[/admin]

animal

I was sacked after bad advice  from union rep did  not go to appeal  im not in union an cant get in touch wi any one cos lost all contacts  from old phone 

Loki

If you weren't in the union, then you had no business seeking advice from the shop steward in the first place.

If that were the case, in addition to your not submitting an appeal within the appropriate time limits, then tough.

I can't stand it when non members think they can get advice/representation from shop stewards. I wouldn't have given you any advice at all.

It seems to me you have but one choice: move on!
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

animal

Advice was offered by friend who is union rep but as usual  all unions  the same  only interested  themselves 
I'm only asking for advice  but as I'm hot member  I take it im f##;ed

silverbackache

If you are not a member what right do you think you have in asking a TU Rep.
The reps are trained and the cost is from subscriptions.
You have kept your money tight in your pocket, now reap your rewards.

Loki

Quote from: animal on 07-12-14, 10:03PM
Advice was offered by friend who is union rep but as usual  all unions  the same  only interested  themselves 
I'm only asking for advice  but as I'm hot member  I take it im f##;ed

First you state that you were given bad advice from a Union Rep implying that it is their fault that you were dismissed.

Now you state that the aforementioned Rep is a friend of yours and that they are only interested in themselves even though you now say they offered advice.

It was YOU that decided not to join the Union.

It was YOU that took advantage of the friendship by using your friends position as a Rep.

It is YOU that didn't submit an appeal.

It was YOU that lost all your contacts if that's to be believed.

It is YOU that only has a self interest and so easily turn on others, including your friend.

You don't deserve help. Besides, I would warn anybody not to help you because you are too eager to stab people in the back.

Personally, I wouldn't acknowledge the likes of you and would gladly see you gone first before any other member or non member for that matter.

No sympathy for you whatsoever. In fact my avatar applauds your situation.

When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

usualsuspect

Union subs are the cheapest insurance going. Any one that keeps their money in their pocket , stands alone. The basic and only strength that a trade union has is that all stand together , as one. The employers despise that strength , they also do not appreciate the fools who stand alone , employers ae often glad ( through gritted teeth ) that traqde unions help to manage the staff.

It works both ways , if you stand alone , then you suffer alone.

Goodbye , is the best thing to say to you.

However , good riddance is more fitting.

US

M1lktrayman

Being a 14 year member of the union, and having been briefed my job is under threat (but being told i cant have a copy of any of the briefs)  I am wondering when my sata rep is going to say anything to clarify what rights we have and how they are working for us...

his scots tie

Usualsuspect What Strength are you talking about, Where is it.We need to get rid of this shambles of a union who are for tosco and not there members and get a  union that shows some strength and stands up for its members

snowyowl

;) If everybody ditched Usbore and all united by joining another union would Tosco be put in a position where they would have to recognise that other union?  ;)

GasMonkey

Quote from: snowyowl on 28-09-16, 11:10PM
;) If everybody ditched Usbore and all united by joining another union would Tosco be put in a position where they would have to recognise that other union?  ;)

Don't think they would Safeway did not even recognise USDAW any time one of there reps attempted to come into one of there stores they were told to leave.And if Tesco is in bed with USDAW they will simply say that is there Union of choice

tumshie

When unions started up originally, I don't think employers were too keen on recognising any of them.
Wasn't that the whole point.

snowyowl

The point being "if you are going to have one, have a good one"  ;)

wazziznaime

Quote from: tumshie on 29-09-16, 07:29AM
When unions started up originally, I don't think employers were too keen on recognising any of them.
Wasn't that the whole point.
Well believe it or not when I joined T!#co  ( a longgggg..) time ago my conditions of employment was that I had to sign to join the union although to be fair at the time the union actually had clout ,we voted on our pay rises etc ...unlike now where it's spineless  and is so up the backside of T?!co .

wazziznaime

The fact that I came from Safeway and as has already been said by others they didn't recognise any union I was somewhat surprised that I had to join the union as conditions of employment .

galictica

I've been offered redundancy as a way of getting Tesco out of a hole regarding a Grievance that has taken 2 years and involves a PM. There has been a stream of lies told by one manager after another to protect the PM and each time I have managed to make them retract their words. The union have been useless and are now putting pressure on me to take the redundancy package and get out otherwise this PM will take a Grievance against me and Tesco will look at ways of dismissing me due to sickness. Surely this shows that the Tesco / Usdaw partnership  works in all the wrong ways.  Think it's time to move on after 8 years in this place.

Duracell

I would like to say stand your Ground if you have suffered injustice or inappropriate actions, especially from management.

Alas though you have to do what is best for you, contrary to what anyone is told, below work level 4 you will not make a difference alone to anything procedural based on your own perception of what is right wrong or fair.

It is a sad sorry situation we find ourselves in, but it terms of consequence the company culture coaches you only to have concern of consequences above your work level rather than at your level or below it.

You have an advantage of a record of retraction at least.
The offer is all about you, and whether you want to cut your losses with the unusual offer at this difficult unsure time for most, or whether you deserve to stay and maintain your rightful position in the company.

I am always scepticle of a forced leave, regardless of how attractive it may be, it seems like an injustice in my mind.

Also I have serious concerns about the union at any level, suggesting a consequence for not taking a sweetener offer. Who ever it is need to get the head around the situation, the company would not be offering you a sweet leave if they had the opportunity to escalate and dicipline you fairly.

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk