Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:43PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 305
Total: 308

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his scots tie

UNITE have 12,000 Sainsburys members from 130,000 Store staff.Not sure how many USDAW have.

Duracell

The article suggests that Unite weren't consulted if they are only talking now as a response to the change. It also goes on to say that the changes have been rolled into the collective agreement, is that with USDAW? Because Unite clearly don't agree.

Similarities suggests USDAW were proactive in the "deal" detail with both Employers.
Will Unite have any success considering the Collective Agreement May Stand solely with another union who have endorsed the change by collective agreement principles?

Interesting indeed Loki !

Something to keep up to date with if you have a wish to see another union gain a presence with T as the Article seems to reflect exactly the situation some are wishing for only it's with Sainsbury,  not sure whether they are a better or worse employer, if the article is indeed a true reflection of the situation then they have eroded breaks also, perhaps theirs were paid.

Certainly something to keep up to date with, with regard to whether another UNION can have any success whilst they are a minority group gaining momentum.

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

lordadmiral

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jul/17/uk-wage-growth-pay-unemployment
... to be honest i have no words
our pay should be rising in line with inflation levels (in worse scenario) not going down year by year

monsterandmadman

Quote from: Loki on 08-08-18, 11:21AM
Unless I've got this wrong, please correct me if I have, but it seems that there are 2 recognised Unions at Sainsbury's.  Unite with approximately 11,000 members and Usdaw with a far larger majority.

Unite opposing the new contracts with Usdaw endorsing them.

Again, please correct me if I have this wrong. If this is true, then it's very interesting indeed.

I think you may be correct. Just took a look around google and came across the USDAW booklet for Sainsburys union people from August last year.
Also this from the unite website stating a little more, from May.

http://www.unitetheunion.org/news/sainsburys-accused-of-broken-promises-as-unite-seeks-legal-advice-over-sign-or-be-sacked-contracts/

JL

Quote from: lordadmiral on 08-08-18, 12:25PM
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jul/17/uk-wage-growth-pay-unemployment
... to be honest i have no words
our pay should be rising in line with inflation levels (in worse scenario) not going down year by year

:thumbup: I agree and to add insult for every few experienced staff leaving we get one untrained on 1/2 days that last months if not days jumping ship at first chance of FT hours. Delivery sits for days in our warehouse. For last few years it has been one days delivery at the most.  I continue to point out this forum to newbies starting at Tesco. Try to warn people they will be overworked and undervalued. Don't like seeing people being ruined.

T.C.1

Just watched a matter of life and debt on BBC1, there was this guy who went to a credit union saying he could just scrap through the month with his wage and needed a loan for home improvements and surprise surprise he was in a Tesco uniform his job a Dot.com driver!!! Says it all really!!

JL

Tc1. You hear similar in store.  >:(

just curious

Quote from: T.C.1 on 08-08-18, 08:13PM
Just watched a matter of life and debt on BBC1, there was this guy who went to a credit union saying he could just sc**p through the month with his wage and needed a loan for home improvements and surprise surprise he was in a Tesco uniform his job a Dot.com driver!!! Says it all really!!

Hope the guy in question has a good union rep , as no doubt now he will be suspended / pending investigation and then disciplined one way or another for bringing the  " Company "   into distribute ? - its how sympathetic and caring this company is . :-X :-X

Mr Grumpy

Would it be bringing the company into disrepute if the statement of facts regarding his life and finances are true?

Loki

He hasn't brought the Company into disrepute. The guy just went to the credit union for help because he didn't have enough money for his outgoings until next pay day.

He didn't state it was the company's fault or anything like that. So he was wearing his uniform... so what.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Loki

There'll be a lot more of that going on with these current cuts in pay going forward. All those working Sunday hours will be negatively impacted going forward as people rely on time and half.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Hammer10

Wait for the interest rate increase to kick in another 25pounds plus to find after the 60 pound cut .

londoner83

Not forgetting the decrease in Sterling will send petrol and imported goods higher.....

Zerohero

Absolutely disgusted how things have turned out, expecting a 18 month cushion for loss of earnings last pay and in fact I got a pay cut, I immediately went to the manager and asked for an explanation.

Finally got a reply saying that my loss of £50/month wasn't significant enough so I won't get paid out, I replied you what, I am sorry but £50 a month each pay is significant amount of money especially if it is for the next 5 pays including the last one.

I was fuming when they said that, especially when the last briefing last November indicated that I was one of the staff affected and I would be paid out..... Since then no information or briefings.... There is in total  about 7 members of staff on nights affected, with a substantial pay cut.

Lucky for them we did a WMTY a few weeks before the fall out, no doubt if we did one after it wouldn't have been so positive.  It is a shame everyone of us affected are at an all time low, feel over worked and under paid.

Did get news today about the bonus next year it is either 2.5 or 3% depending on the performance, and basically it isn't a bonus it is just to cover what we are losing for the next 5 months, absolutely p**s take... However the only staff reaping the rewards are staff that don't work the shifts effected. Once again night staff especially the ones working the Sat*rday through Sunday and bank Holidays get shafted.

USDAW are a complete joke.

K2S0

Zerohero loads at my store including myself are in the same boat and since last pay day can literally see moral has plummeted and is literally non existent.

I also wouldn't get to excited about the bonus as no doubt the bill for the new "discount" stores will be taken out of the profit margin thus screwing us over in yet again

JL

It says it all taking money from minions when there is still far too many MM.

OvaSees

Interest rates have just risen. Gas prices going up (again). Council Tax increased this year. Net pay for many reduced due to law around pensions kicking in so their contributions were increased. And despite the fanfare around pay rises, Tesco will pay me less this year than last, which was less than the year before - I will take less home this year than I did in 2015, even when you factor in the bonuses, thanks entirely to the fact that I've stuck around a few years. p**s take is an understatement when you compare what managers and directors have been pocketing over that same timescale.

madness

Quote from: GreenGrocer on 10-08-18, 12:09PM
It says it all taking money from minions when there is still far too many MM.
How many do you think there should be to run a store? Say 250 staff open 18 hours a day no nightshift?

JL

No more than 4 at anyone time in large stores or 3 and the sm.  They need to sc**p department managers. There is too many now who do not care unless it is the department they work in. This said there is also too many who can't run a single department. I am fed up asking managers things to be told you'll need to wait until your own manager comes back. A simple shift swap, holiday booking can be hard work at times.   

K2S0

The average night shift at my store we have 3 managers and I couldn't tell you what they do other than inform/confirm what isles people are working that night, then later on they return and ask us to clear the floor.

Apparently there will soon be another 2/3 managers hired, nice to know our lost premium is being put to good use! There's been a couple of nights we've coped with 1 manager so other than giving each other extra nights off I can't figure that logic out... there's going to be nights we have more managers than staff

JL

K2S0

2/3 extra managers on a night fill :question:   ;D

There is no GAs on the night fill I know and they too have got by on 1/2 when the others have been at the pub for a team bonding session/conference.

Our store is starting a 6 to midnight crew with the money they have saved from loss of time and a half.

K2S0

Yup so if it actually happens we'll have 6 managers working nights spread across the week, it's a big store but still I think the 3 we have now are more than enough... even children don't require that many babysitters 😂 nursery's require 1 for every 7 if I remember correctly 😂

Nomad

[admin]Sunday premium down to time and a quarter. Is the topic.[/admin]
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Preacherpauly

Quote from: Zerohero on 10-08-18, 08:57AM
Absolutely disgusted how things have turned out, expecting a 18 month cushion for loss of earnings last pay and in fact I got a pay cut, I immediately went to the manager and asked for an explanation.

Finally got a reply saying that my loss of £50/month wasn't significant enough so I won't get paid out, I replied you what, I am sorry but £50 a month each pay is significant amount of money especially if it is for the next 5 pays including the last one.

USDAW are a complete joke.

This is the attitude all GA's will get. They dont give a f*** about you and you are easily replaced.

Buddha

I've actually lost money because of this, however, I wasn't given any payout.
'
my old contract was £244 a week.
my new contract is £236 a week.

should I contact the Union? I brought it up with my manager but he says it will 'balance out' it clearly isn't balanced because I'm down £8.

any advice?

Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk