News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:55PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 291
Total: 293

Physical attacks/threats on staff.

Started by fatty, 04-11-07, 03:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Knifepoint robbery at Tesco Express in Nuneaton

QuoteStaff members were threatened at knifepoint in an armed robbery at a Tesco Express store in Warwickshire.

Two men stole "a large amount of cash" in the robbery on Croft Road, Nuneaton, Warwickshire Police said.

The force said staff were not injured, but were "extremely distressed" by the incident at just before 06:00 GMT.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

kaled78

We had a customer kick one of the produce lads in the shin this morning because he was in the way of him trying to shop, a customer saw it happen and offered to make a statement against the customer, but management did not want to know, typical tesco.

FatFraz

Equalizer87

Tesco don't protect their staff, they look at them like Cannon fodder. Typical Tesco, appease the public even when they're attacking your staff.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

londoner83

The victim should have just called the police themselves and given the details of the witness.

dotwhat

Hi guys, I just joined the forum.

I was attacked by another member of staff last week, all over a roll of empty labels from a printer*.  I've worked in food retail for 30 years, I've never been assaulted like this, but in just 1.5 years at Tesco, I've witnessed bullying and harassment so many times and I've heard of a member of staff kicked by checkout manager, who kept her job. I thought the company values were respect each other and treat people how you would like to be treated?

After last week, I no longer want to work at Tesco and am actively looking for a new job. Shame because I had high hopes for Tesco. Clearly being big isn't the best.

* I cant go into details as its subject to internal investigation, but if the outcome is anything less than a written warning or sacking, I'll be off to the local police station, followed by local media.

Equalizer87

Sorry to hear you were assaulted, no one should ever have to suffer this, especially  from another member of staff.

Personally I'd go to the Police straight away. If left to internal processes, Tesco will do its best to cover it up and deny it, or worse you will both be rid off., but that is my opinion and experience.

As for getting out of Tesco, I can only wish you luck in your search. The world outside Tesco is a very different ( and usually better) place.

History has told me that when you get an outside agency involved, Tesco go into panic mode and usually you will get a better outcome.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Welshie

I agree go to police and at least ask them to get any available cctv before it disappears

JL

If you want something done go to the Police especially if there is potentially CCTV and witnesses. As someone has said Tosco will try to cover it up maybe putting the victim up for disciplinary as well. They want to believe that no such behavior would take place at Tosco. We are all friends at Tosco after all. I heard of a racial incident involving a TM and a colleague. The accused TM never got a disciplinary let alone a night in Disneyland. It is about time Tosco started dealing with the problems and stopped brushing issues under the carpet. Just deal with it yourself the company is full of people who couldn't run a bath.

Nomad

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/drunk-man-assaulted-security-guard-1563164

Drunk man assaulted security guard at Tesco Extra after he refused him entry to the shop.

QuoteA man who was drunk when he attacked a supermarket security guard in Yeovil then threatened to "knock him out with one punch".

David Christopher Eley had been being drinking when the victim found him outside the Tesco Extra store banging his head on the bus stop and shouting incoherently.

He then tried to go into the store but when he was refused entry he struck the guard on his arm and launched a tirade of abuse, even threatening to assault him in front of his children.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

pitdiver

This is not about an attack but just to reinforce the point about getting an outside agency involved. My wife who also works in Tosco had an accident whilst at work but nothing appeared to happen. she reported it again but still no response.
So I being an ex Union H&S rep contacted the local Environmental Health Officer under the HASAWA. My wife broke her arm.

Surprise Surprise with in a week we had  heard from Tosco's  Fortunately I had also been in contact with a solicitor, who took up the case.

Eventually she received compensation but it was a struggle.

A lesson learnt, always get a third party involved.

notsofunny

Quote from: Nomad on 14-05-18, 10:50AM
https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/drunk-man-assaulted-security-guard-1563164

Drunk man assaulted security guard at Tesco Extra after he refused him entry to the shop.

QuoteA man who was drunk when he attacked a supermarket security guard in Yeovil then threatened to "knock him out with one punch".

David Christopher Eley had been being drinking when the victim found him outside the Tesco Extra store banging his head on the bus stop and shouting incoherently.

He then tried to go into the store but when he was refused entry he struck the guard on his arm and launched a tirade of abuse, even threatening to assault him in front of his children.

And they expect us to refuse a sale to someone like this in stores with or without security ,

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

notsofunny

First it would be the law that says we should not sell to those we think are under the influence, and in the mean time having cut back so much in police officers that if we need them they will not come till the week after, and the company by placing us in harms way by reducing Security in stores.

Nomad

Knife-wielding masked man threatens Tesco staff in early morning robbery

QuotePolice are hunting a masked man who held up staff at a Tesco Express with a knife.

The man was wearing a red mask when he entered the store on Ty Gwyn Road in Greenmeadow, Cwmbran , early on Friday morning and demanded money.

Gwent Police said it happened at around 6.40am.

He ran off with money from the till in the direction of Cliffs and Nether Court area.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/lincoln-news/tesco-shoplifter-pulls-out-needle-1791198

QuoteTesco workers who gave chase to catch a shoplifter ended up being threatened when the man pulled out a hypodermic syringe.

Heroin addict Carl Forsen was pursued when he walked out of the Lincoln High Street Tesco store at 7am without paying for a bottle of wine.

QuoteThe court was told that Forsen had 25 previous convictions for a total of 57 offences.  He was jailed for 14 months.

8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

(Captain)Deadpool

Specifically registered to comment on this... used to work with the guys involved in the Lincoln story, SM is an absolute joke. Always giving it the big'un about what he'd do to shoplifters etc... thin weedy glass jawed chap, strong breeze would put him down! He definitely antagonises them. Concern for me is any poor fool following him thinking he'll back them up!! Poor example to set to other staff members? Not insured outside the building etc...

Nomad

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/tesco-express-store-shenstone-raided-14922403

QuoteTwo crooks brandishing knives burst in and forced workers to open a till.

They stole cash and cigarettes before running from the store, turning right in the direction of Park Lane or Churchill Road.

QuoteWriting on the Shenstone Matters Facebook page, Andrea Evans posted: "I heard the staff were held at knifepoint and clearly shaken.

"Many problems at Tesco over the years, such a shame. Hope all staff OK."
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Mark calloway

Our former security guard got sucker punched, cracked his rib and broke a tooth. Guess what,HE got suspended. A night manager got sacked for hitting a violent drunk. This company couldn't care less.

helpme

Quote from: notsofunny on 15-05-18, 01:59PM
First it would be the law that says we should not sell to those we think are under the influence, and in the mean time having cut back so much in police officers that if we need them they will not come till the week after, and the company by placing us in harms way by reducing Security in stores.
We deliver to a customers place of work. 75% of her order is alcohol and the majority of the time it's quite easy to see she's under the influence. One driver has refused to deliver to her as they lost family to a drink driver and he's had a lets talk for doing so with threats of serious action if he refuses again.
So it seems Tesco only care about making money for the shareholders and f**k the staff.

Equalizer87

Making money placed before staff well being and safety, are we really surprised. The company see you as cannon fodder, nothing more.

JL

The team managers don't give a f*** about the health and well-being of staff. They talk to staff like they are slaves. Hopefully the arseholes get an honest WMTY. A few will get kicked about the day I no longer need tosco to pay the bills.

Equalizer87

Better still, a backlash from the premium rate and hope the house of cards begins to fall.

JL

Hopefully the equal pay claim f***s the company big style too.

gomezz

Quote from: helpme on 19-07-18, 08:41PM
Quote from: notsofunny on 15-05-18, 01:59PM
We deliver to a customers place of work. 75% of her order is alcohol and the majority of the time it's quite easy to see she's under the influence. One driver has refused to deliver to her as they lost family to a drink driver and he's had a lets talk for doing so with threats of serious action if he refuses again
While I agree with the refusal to deliver in principle they need to be sure as:  a) some medical conditions may look to the untrained observer as being drunk; and b) not all workers drive to work so really none of our bees-wax if their employer lets them drink at work.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk