News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 10:45AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,364
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 516
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 384
Total: 387

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpyonZero

Wonder whats happening with regards to skilled pay for bakers?
Surely if they're still making scratch white products it must stay?

BakerBum

i imagine the pay will stay. as GA can't make scratch  :thumbdown:

Notmyname

losing scratch brown 62 hrs
No way does making brown products take 62hrs I reckon 7 hours a week to make brown products, if they are saying that three mixes a takes 8hrs each day then how long does it take to make all the  white dough, someone's trying to pull a fast one

Secret1972

What happens to bakers that their store is going all part bake.

BakerBum

Quote from: ian1960 on 25-02-20, 01:17PM
No way does making brown products take 62hrs I reckon 7 hours a week to make brown products, if they are saying that three mixes a takes 8hrs each day then how long does it take to make all the  white dough, someone's trying to pull a fast one

there was more too it .. i just had a break down of it .. it would be spread over packers and bakers and yeah some fiddling no doubt.

madness

Standard Tesco head office thinking. Add a routine or job "this job only take 2hrs a day"  take the same job away. "this will save 10hrs

jonty

There's now a message from Jason Tarry on OurTesco about it.

wishicouldgo

Amazing the email from Jason Terry arrived the very second sky a anounced it

bigbangtheory

Quote from: wishicouldgo on 25-02-20, 02:35PM
Amazing the email from Jason Terry arrived the very second sky a anounced it

Probably the other way round but someone at SKY was quick to type up a headline. Here we go again.

SAMCRO

Bakery has been on the chopping board for a while. They’ve had it all planned since the changes last year and chose to make all these cuts over a longer period to soften the blow.

trolleyboy96

Is there a list of effected stores?

BakerBum

any advice what availability to put, to get redundancy ?

Helpisontheway

Bakery staff get ready for record numbers of Investigations, disciplinary meetings and store management will be trying to get you rise to the bait. Drastic Dave's last round of improvements. Customers will see through the smoke and mirrors all too soon.

trolleyboy96

On the availability we won’t know until the new heat map, guessing the info is contained in that.

Jethro

Quote from: BakerBum on 25-02-20, 03:05PM
any advice what availability to put, to get redundancy ?

Just put what your doing now and hope for the best.

Eliza

I was in the last lot of redundancy I put exactly my hours and no movement, got redundancy There is life after and I don’t regret it Flexibility is what they want now

Catch

What counts as big store, ours got hit 6 months ago already...

EpyonZero

Worried about what to put on the availability form, we got told if we put we can only work full time and theres no full time jobs for us then we would lose our jobs so i dont know whether to put less hours in the hope of still taking another job.
So stressful.

BoredBaker

Sincerely hope all the people affected by this stick to their morals and refuse to do hours that suit managers and the high hegions. If you want redundancy be as unhelpful as you possibly can with them when you get your consultation. No hours more and no hours less than you are doing already. That’s what I’ll be doing. Another ridiculous decision from this company now run by clowns

Notmyname

Quote from: madness on 25-02-20, 01:41PM
Standard Tesco head office thinking. Add a routine or job "this job only take 2hrs a day"  take the same job away. "this will save 10hrs
If they are talking about removing 62 hours from our bakery that's more than 25% of our existing hours believe me brown products do not account 25% of our takings
Looking like anyone left behind will be working themselves to an early grave

BoredBaker

Quote from: ian1960 on 25-02-20, 04:00PM
Quote from: madness on 25-02-20, 01:41PM
If they are talking about removing 62 hours from our bakery that's more than 25% of our existing hours believe me brown products do not account 25% of our takings
Looking like anyone left behind will be working themselves to an early grave

62hours for brown mixes?! What a joke. Easily can be done within 2hours. 2hours a day x 7 = 14hours a week.

Packers will also be affected by this and bakery managers for what it's worth, it isn’t just skilled bakers

Shafted

Quote from: EpyonZero on 25-02-20, 03:45PM
Worried about what to put on the availability form, we got told if we put we can only work full time and theres no full time jobs for us then we would lose our jobs so i dont know whether to put less hours in the hope of still taking another job.
So stressful.

It will ask you the minimum number of hours and the maximum number of hours you are prepared to work on the flexibility form. Think about the minimum you would be able to afford to do if necessary before filling it in.

Bakersdozen

Bakerbum where did you get the specific 62 hours? As I was under the presumption they won't know what hours are looking like untill week 3.

With regards to the browns, it's not just production, it's baking them and packing them aswell which is more time. We understand that all hotplates are going too. ( what a waste of investment)

I hope they don't make too much cuts that leaves us to the bare bones because we do well on our sales but totally understand getting rid of brown production/pancakes. I think if they do you will lose customers elsewhere that prefer fresh products if you're sold out all the time. 

yelsel

M360 missed this one the post was bakery nothing happening

smithers

I think he/she said nothing happening this quarter (jan-feb-march)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk