Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
23-11-17, 04:32PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 72986
  • Total Topics: 1596
  • Online Today: 155
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: PAY RISE  (Read 58874 times)

Sugar

Re: PAY RISE
« Reply #325 on: 13-09-17, 03:35PM »
Rodney if the reps walked out of meeting who cares what the Tesco team said to that as no reps there to hear what was said. To the reps who walked out ultimate respect having the balls to do it so is that the reason I.B on the sick

Do you really think the reps has balls to walk out of a meeting...I don't think so!

They know that would get them no where!

JL

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #326 on: 13-09-17, 04:11PM »
I doubt they would too Rodney but if it is a first  :thumbup: to all

redcar renegade

• Know All
« Reply #327 on: 13-09-17, 04:17PM »
I was making my comment on what Belfast driver said in his post have no reason to doubt what he said.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #328 on: 13-09-17, 05:14PM »
Rodney if the reps walked out of meeting who cares what the Tesco team said to that as no reps there to hear what was said. To the reps who walked out ultimate respect having the balls to do it so is that the reason I.B on the sick

Do you really think the reps has balls to walk out of a meeting...I don't think so!

The thing is irish tescos have gone on strike already over pay so walking out of a meeting is no biggie, Just because you would not have the scrote to do it doesnt mean everyone else is as spineless as you.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #329 on: 13-09-17, 07:16PM »
Do not forget about hungarian Tescos. Beacuse of strike there some stores been closed. Tesco is slowly falling apart. From one big internation company Tesco turned into a joke.

Sugar

« Reply #330 on: 13-09-17, 07:50PM »

The thing is irish tescos have gone on strike already over pay so walking out of a meeting is no biggie, Just because you would not have the scrote to do it doesnt mean everyone else is as spineless as you.

So I'm spineless? For what reason?

I never said I wouldn't walk out of a meeting, I am saying the reps would not have the balls to do that as they know what is good for them and walking out would get them no where so wind your neck in and read the post correctly rather than making assumptions

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #331 on: 13-09-17, 08:00PM »
No Rep would just walk out! Without explanation.

Explanation and calls for adjournment do happen though.

The continued generalisations that all reps are c**p and they have no balls, are getting a bit boring, very easy for keyboard warriors to type.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Sugar

« Reply #332 on: 13-09-17, 08:09PM »

The continued generalisations that all reps are c**p and they have no balls, are getting a bit boring, very easy for keyboard warriors to type.

Keyboard warriors lol

So generalisation of reps are boring? Well reps telling colleagues they walked out of a meeting when they really didn't just (let's be fair, it's a far fetched statement) to make out they are fighting the company for a pay increase that suits them and not really the view of their members!

Here is a question....how many reps at belfast are on the newest cheapest contract?

Doubt none as pay talks are all about them so I think a general view of reps is allowed!

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #333 on: 13-09-17, 08:26PM »
Having not been at the meeting I can't be sure.

But as I said, to just get up and "walk out" is unlikely, as even the most stubborn should appreciate the process and be respectful of it.

Having said that, what I can say with 100% certainty, if required, explanations are made as to why the talks can't proceed, and adjournment is sought, on resuming whether it be the same day or at a different time, attitudes seem to change.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #334 on: 13-09-17, 08:38PM »

Keyboard warriors lol

So generalisation of reps are boring? Well reps telling colleagues they walked out of a meeting when they really didn't just (let's be fair, it's a far fetched statement) to make out they are fighting the company for a pay increase that suits them and not really the view of their members!

Here is a question....how many reps at belfast are on the newest cheapest contract?

Doubt none as pay talks are all about them so I think a general view of reps is allowed!

Does it matter what contracts the reps are on?

Loss of 100% in retail premiums looked after new contracts more than old!!
Recent pay talks in Distribution that have been accepted were in favour of new contracts more than old ones in terms of award!! In the main negotiated by reps on old contracts as far as I'm aware.

If you are suggesting now that reps look after their own contract type rather than any other.
Recent awards suggests that as incorrect.

Duracell.

Sugar

« Reply #335 on: 13-09-17, 09:54PM »
I suggest you ask (like I did) what was offered before the flat increase for all and why the old reps took the offer that was balloted on....then you understand it's all about the old contracts and their own agenda.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #336 on: 14-09-17, 06:45AM »
Maybe im wrong , maybe others are ... but it looks like from 1 april 2018 new national minimum wage will be £8.05 per hour
http://wolvestuc.org.uk/index.php/employment-rights/24-advice/301-national-minimum-wage-rates-increase-1st-october
http://www.gmb-westmids.org.uk/assets/media/documents/National%20Living%20Wage%20current%20and%20future%20(1).pdf
Its not bad especially that tesco workers receive pay rise soon and will be earning £8.02 per hour ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 14-09-17, 06:47AM by lordadmiral »

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #337 on: 14-09-17, 08:12AM »
The question is, Tesco knew it would rise to this and still only gave £8.02 for the rise, so are Tesco admitting they will be happy to pay staff in a lesser way between April and July 2018?

It's goes to prove that Tesco either can't pay NLW without cuts or simply refuse to pay for fear of damaging their weak profit margin.
« Last Edit: 14-09-17, 08:15AM by Equalizer87 »
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

cityboy

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #338 on: 14-09-17, 10:07AM »
Tesco pay deals are, how little can we give you and stay legal, and what can we take from staff who are willing to work the least sociable hours in order to lessen the cost. Why not save on payroll costs by letting senior managers pay their own transport costs? I have my own car, and take for granted that I pay for it and the fuel costs of work and back. Why are the highest earners in Tesco subsidised in this way, when they are the least in need of this subsidy? Also, if targets are met by ALL Tesco staff to earn, say, a 4% bonus, shouldn't it be 4% for everyone from top to bottom, as we all put in the same effort in the hours we work?

Openandhonest

• Know All
« Reply #339 on: 14-09-17, 10:54AM »
cityboy

You make a very good point! 

Then you have the people on 7.5/11 etc over 2 days.

Some of them must be working for less than min pay after paying petrol money/bus fares etc.
« Last Edit: 14-09-17, 10:55AM by Openandhonest »

cosmosmallpiece

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #340 on: 14-09-17, 12:50PM »
Personally I think until the new minimum pay amount is released next year Tesco will not pay anymore than they have too. Then in April when it goes up if it does they will add the difference to our hourly rate.

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #341 on: 14-09-17, 04:07PM »
I suggest you ask (like I did) what was offered before the flat increase for all and why the old reps took the offer that was balloted on....then you understand it's all about the old contracts and their own agenda.

I didn't need to ask anyone.
Fully aware of the initial offer and the reasons the company gave behind it. The end result became a compromise.

Ironically the principle behind the original offer, was much the same principle as the pay award for retail when they negotiated away 100% premiums, a principle of the erosion of older contracts to fund and increase new contracts, that didn't sit well in retail and the company face court action for doing so.

Now when other reps averted this damaging principal in distribution "they are only looking after themselves".

Can't do right for doing wrong!!! I'll take a look back after to see what your reaction was to retail staff losing 100% premium, just out of curiosity.

The thing being.. the younger contract award % was no greater, so that contract type would have been no better off if older contracts were treated differently and an increase elsewhere for new contracts was not originally offered

So even the principle of cut a minority to greater award the majority would not have happened.

So the offer that was accepted was the best for everyone, the majority,  without a cut or freeze for anyone. Whilst maintaining a principle of younger contracts getting more out of the deal.

Everyone gained and nobody suffered a loss.

3 objectives met.

No cuts no erosion.
All Get an pay increase that equals in some way.
Newer contracts get extra to decrease the gap between new and old contracts.

What more did you want.. the value of the pot for the pay award was capped.

The notion that old contracts should suffer to fund a higher increase for newer contracts is bizarre, my pay and conditions are established from over 20 years of pay negs, new contracts will improve greatly in such a time span also, but that time has not passed for new contracts.

I object to the principle of eroding 20 years of negotiation just for the sake of it. The original offer would of given new contracts less in comparison with what has been accepted. Older contracts would of been given less too but worse off next year than now.

The accepted offer was better overall for all compared to the original offer regardless of the motives of the reps who pushed the details and the amended offer.

My opinion is based on the Salmon book Group of sites, Hinckley, Southampton and Magor.
Your site and your negotiating group may have been different.

The Value of the fund would not have increased, the negotiation is about how that fund is best utilised.

New contracts gained more the gap closed, old contracts didn't get eroded or cut. All contracts got a relative to all increase ... HOW is that bad?

« Last Edit: 14-09-17, 04:12PM by Duracell »

Duracell.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #342 on: 14-09-17, 04:22PM »
At the moment we can agree that Tesco will match the pay to the new hourly rate. The problem is that we will get minimum rate.
Cost of living is going up and up and God knows how its going to be within next year or so. Stacking shelves for minimum rate???!!! no way . So f*** it!! as from 1st april 2018 i will match my performace to the slowest workers in our store.
I take pride in what i do but what is enough is enough.
The whole Pay Negotiations between USDAW and Tesco its just a really f***ing joke.

baldeagle

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #343 on: 14-09-17, 04:42PM »
Duracell, good comments, all dc.s will vote on offers unique to there location and current contracts.Rodney as you seem very vocal on distribution pay offers,do you work in a dc or not,did you take on a contract knowing what was on offer, why form an opinion of what happens in distribution as all Dc,s are different."If you are not happy then leave. its that simple" your post 30.8.17. P's I as a union rep I have walked out of a meeting with senior management It was not clever but got a result

Sugar

« Reply #344 on: 14-09-17, 07:12PM »
Duracell, good comments, all dc.s will vote on offers unique to there location and current contracts.Rodney as you seem very vocal on distribution pay offers,do you work in a dc or not,did you take on a contract knowing what was on offer, why form an opinion of what happens in distribution as all Dc,s are different."If you are not happy then leave. its that simple" your post 30.8.17. P's I as a union rep I have walked out of a meeting with senior management It was not clever but got a result

Doesn't matter where I work, my points are valid.....reps do not think of every contract whilst in pay talks and from the first offer made by the company...all reps in room were going to get a lump sum whereas new contract getting an increase on their rates....why did they not take that offer if they are all for improving the new contract....why because they were not getting an increase that's why, no thought about the new contract or aligning rates

As for you walking out of a meeting, different walking out of a grievance meeting than a pay talk meeting

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #345 on: 14-09-17, 08:25PM »
New contract see an increase also between the accepted and original offer the only reason someone would prefer the original offer to the accepted offer, is for the older contracts to lose out and suffer a loss, to then go on to judge others for being selfish with little concern for their colleagues.

Nothing but dramatic irony !!!

Why did they push for an increase for just you that only you got then, if they weren't concerned for you? They could of just put the cost of that on the end for all rather than just new contracts, if they are as selfish as you suggest!!!
« Last Edit: 14-09-17, 08:31PM by Duracell »

Duracell.

belfast driver

« Reply #346 on: 14-09-17, 10:14PM »
Tbh things are not good in Belfast at the moment. Can't get agency drivers as other companies paying more. Can't get full time drivers as the new contracts are pathetic. Place is coming down with hauliers and lots of Tesco units parked up. Maybe now is the time to hold out for a decent pay rise
4 out of 7 will do me

mardy

« Reply #347 on: 15-09-17, 11:46PM »
Dav got offered 24.2 pence per hour, the talk around the place is everyone has voted no

redcar renegade

• Know All
« Reply #348 on: 16-09-17, 09:41AM »
Mardy so when does your vote finish or has it

Rigger

« Reply #349 on: 17-09-17, 08:56AM »
Still no date announced for ballot at Reading DC. As soon as all this is sorted out I'll be giving myself a £9.** monthly pay rise by leaving USDAW, no doubt the most pathetic union I've ever come across.